Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Match

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#81 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

I think that matty as a bit to go yet to get up to Callum on the games i have seen both play so far. We seem to lose a bit of direction when Callum is of the field .Now with Callum at half back yes get Matty staring.

#82 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

should be Matty starting just another of my wee mistakes i get it right some times??????

#83 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

That's what i was getting at ,yes . Get your game breakers on the field in the key positions and try and get on the front foot . You can still have impact on the bench but hopefully those guys aren't having to play catch up.

Edited by DavidM, 26 April 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#84 Dearham Lass

Dearham Lass
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

The Championship preview paragraph quotes Gary Charlton as saying, That we are “down to our last 17 players” after last week’s win over Whitehaven. Another sound reason for making the best possible use of the DR system this Sunday.

#85 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

One more than last week then ! Agreed though , crucial and winnable games against teams injected up with DR players coming up .
Take the help you're offered and can get . Is there any word yet on DR for Sunday ?

Edited by DavidM, 26 April 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#86 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

No dr players at training last night may be tomorrow morning hope so.

#87 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

I think I would start with Jamie Acton and Kris Coward and Matty in the front row.    Interchange them with Ewan Dowes, Jamie Thackray and Callum.   If we only have 17 players then I suppose the halfbacks will once again be Peter Lupton and Carl Forber and Coyle on the bench.   It doesn't look like we will be seeing Kayle Connor at halfback anytime soon, does it?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#88 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hopefully one or 2 dr in, 3 forwards and a hooker required on the bench

#89 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Unless we get a couple of backs from Widnes Keith to free Connor up . And the Coyle situation is bizarre , even when he is fit it seems pointless to have him on the bench with Matty or Callum there . Impact off the bench do we emphasise ... I'm missing what his is ? I like your prop rotation , they like using Matty off Actons yards , so why not use both from the start rather than a third of the way into the game usually after a sluggish start. Lets be honest , Mattys our main man and the man the opposition fear with his constant harrying of the defence and he controls our speed of play . Unleash him .

Edited by DavidM, 26 April 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#90 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,213 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

if were down to 17 then is red not injured or is brett back? getting into this situation again already is very poor.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#91 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,213 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

i see ben davies has gone to scorpions on loan, do we deem him not good enough to have up here? ive never seen him play so cant personally comment.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#92 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Good point on the numbers , and its what we're all thinking and fearing ! 16 last week in mid April ? Red ran on at the end of the game on the DVD to celebrate so hopefully his own personal physio has sorted him out again !!

Edited by DavidM, 26 April 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#93 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

I would like to see Callum at half back with Matty starting interchange with Olstrum.But we will after see if we get any dr lads from widnes.

#94 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

I would hazard a guess at just one DR this week if no one was at training then that will not be one of the younger lads. Possibly a forward to replace Brett ?? Kavanagh would be my guess seeing as he's not made the 19 for widnes tonight 

#95 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

i see ben davies has gone to scorpions on loan, do we deem him not good enough to have up here? ive never seen him play so cant personally comment.

wont get in their 17 sqaud either !!!!!

#96 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Played once here didn't he , pretty underwhelming . Backs and a back rower when needed please .

#97 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

I presume that the financial restraints of DR will prevent this, but if Phillips and Morris are still unfit it would be brilliant if we could have Flynn, Kavanagh and Hulme. This would allow the team formations that members of this forum keep suggesting. We can but live in hope!

#98 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Morris is fit was training last night was ok.

#99 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Any word on Brett's knee ?

#100 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

I presume that the financial restraints of DR will prevent this, but if Phillips and Morris are still unfit it would be brilliant if we could have Flynn, Kavanagh and Hulme. This would allow the team formations that members of this forum keep suggesting. We can but live in hope!

Financial restraints ??? Worky save money with DR if the team win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users