Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

SQUAD NUMBERS

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 maripins

maripins
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

The named team for the Haven match had Forber and Connor as halfbacks.I couldn't believe it when the team was shown on the scoreboard( couldn't hear a thing out of them speakers,my pc speakers are miles better!)I thought they'd made a mistake when Coyles name was up there.He was crocked and never had a chance of getting on the pitch.So because a winger drops out(Patrick) we end up in a cup tie
and a derby match with 16 players! Seems to me cover for the backs is non existent.
We have some very important matches coming where points are vital but any more injuries to backs and we'll be up the creek. Any body else agree? How about you KeithT?

#2 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Agreed but we'll have DR to make use of . Seeing as we're without one ex-England international for who knows how long why not replace him with another and play him at centre.

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yes, I agree Mal.    It was a big surprise to see Coyle's name on the team sheet on Sunday and even bigger to hear John Walsh say after the match that he was never going to play.    I hope that we don't get an end of season plague of injuries again or we will be up the proverbial creek without a paddle.   

We cannot fully rely on getting replacements from Widnes when we need them as they have their own requirements so it's a dodgy game to play.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Dallimore in if he wants it bad enough, at halfback with Forber, Lupton at 13, Olstrum 11/12, Stack at centre (or the other way round for the last two). Just a quick thought there. Don't think Dallimore wants it though :(

Maybe sign Calvert? lolololololololololololololololol

#5 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Dallimore in if he wants it bad enough, at halfback with Forber, Lupton at 13, Olstrum 11/12, Stack at centre (or the other way round for the last two). Just a quick thought there. Don't think Dallimore wants it though :(

Maybe sign Calvert? lolololololololololololololololol

call him what you want marra craigs try scoring record over 10 seasons is second to none prob only nanyn and royston with a better record over them years

#6 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I would rather see Connor and Forber first. Would you really move Stack from second row to centre? I like Lupton and Forber. Forber a defence is fantastic for his size.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

I agree with Keith , we don't want a repeat of last year when it became farcical , and we don't want forwards playing in the backs . We need luck with injuries and DR to hold up , and come the seasons end finally give line breaking ,strike back and game winning half the recruitment priority . We've concentrated on the forwards , nows the time to redress the balance , as in terms of depth and edge we've been lacking behind them .

Edited by DavidM, 23 April 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#8 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'm only talking about options in the very near future mind, in which we might be a centre light depending on how ginge is. If only Rooney, Dawes and Calderwood were ready

#9 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Cant move stack we have no 2nd rows

#10 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

I agree with Keith , we don't want a repeat of last year when it became farcical , and we don't want forwards playing in the backs . We need luck with injuries and DR to hold up , and come the seasons end finally give line breaking ,strike back and game winning half the recruitment priority . We've concentrated on the forwards , nows the time to redress the balance , as in terms of depth and edge we've been lacking behind them .

looking at what betts has done recently at widnes with all their backs injured and he hasnt give Hulme a sniff I would suppose he would be available for the rest of the season if required. I heard from a lad off the Widnes forum that hes due to go full time traning soon when his university finishes so i presume you would have cover on the DR nearly every week and there is also Briscoe who has already said he would be right up for it . There are also plenty of 20/21 year old backs plying their trade in the lower leagues after the academy system went #### up that are more than capable of performing at this level and they are all on pennys - just needs a bit of knowledge of the academy players. Beckett whos out at Dewsbury at the moment and not getting much game time is a prime example of a top top youngster.There also two lads who got released by Wigan and didnt fancy south wales scorpions available. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users