TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

NRL on TV in UK Round 7

Thursday 25th to Monday 29th April 2013

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,039 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

This week's Round 7 NRL games will be played from Thursday to Monday with all eight of them being shown in the UK.

Here's the details of the six live and two delayed showings of the games.

PSportsRound72013_zpsf17f2bc5.jpg

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 MOT

MOT
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'm new to premier sports this year but I already love it, more rugby league to watch than I have spare time!

#3 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,039 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

I record them all and fit them in as I can. I usually see either all of them or almost all.

The standard of the commentary teams varies but IMO is always better than we get here on Sky. More analysis and fun - a little less banging on about pet hates.

#4 MOT

MOT
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Likewise and fulltime. The NRL fullltime is a format Sky could learn a lot from.

I'd agree that from what I've seen so far, it's a lot better. It'll be interesting to see how Premier Sports handle the RLWC

#5 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,039 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

One thing lacking about PSTV is there's no real time introductions of programmes - the 'coming up next' and 'following this programme there's ...". This isn't a big criticism. In one sense I actually like the fact that we often get bits of coverage that isn't transmitted in Oz. I don't just mean when they go to quick advert breaks, but when they are trying out cameras etc.

Eight out of eight games a week is superb.

As well as the RLWC I'm really glad they've got the rights to the State of Origin games - surely the crowning glory of the TV deal.

#6 MOT

MOT
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

I didn't realise they had SOO too, are Sky losing interest or have they missed the boat? Not that I'm complaining

#7 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,039 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

I got the feeling that the company given the job of selling the NRL coverage round the world didn't want to split the package up rather gain a full commitment from the purchaser.

That's good for the consumer, unless you are a Sky Sports customer already.

It means that as a PSTV customer you get:

key points are as follows.

-          5 year deal  (2013 to 2017)

-          Every game from every round

-          At least 6 live with 2 delayed each week

-          Every game from the play-offs

-          Grand Final live (previously this was on SKY)

Plus of course a Championship Rugby League game once a week too.

#8 Toddye13

Toddye13
  • Facebook
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

New to Premier Sports and well worth the 10 quid each month. 

You will not get a better commentary team than Rabs, Sterlo, Hadley, Gould (although can be annoying at times), Fittler and Joey.

Insightful, not biased (although the Kiwi commentary team are the worst for this) and always having a laugh. 

The Sky team could take stock on how to call the game....I even though the BBC team called the game better on Saturday in the Challenge Cup.

#9 brooza

brooza
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Manly v Souths repeat at 16:30 on Friday is Freeview

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#10 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,039 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Manly v Souths repeat at 16:30 on Friday is Freeview

Two top teams, should be a good game in front of a big crowd.

#11 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

No good if uve got virgin. Can only receive premier sports thru sky. I'm gutted as wanted it.

#12 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

The Kiwi commentary is now done by Australian,Andrew Voss,so can`t see how you can say it`s biased. For biased commentary you only have to go to Stevo and his bunch of patriots. Did you all see the Storm/Warriors rip roarer? Storm deserved to win,no question,but did you notice the 40/20 that the lino said had bounced out just inside the Storm`s 20? Somebody must`ve told the refs that it hadn`t,so they gave the feed to the scrum to the Storm and as sure as god made little apples,they scored on the last tackle to level the score. How "they" made the decision to overrule the lino,I don`t know because none of the cameras were in a better position than he was. Just another bum decision the Warriors/Kiwis have to cop every game,if it had been the Broncos or Manly,they would`ve gone with original assessment. Grrrrr,bloody Aussies. 

New to Premier Sports and well worth the 10 quid each month. 

You will not get a better commentary team than Rabs, Sterlo, Hadley, Gould (although can be annoying at times), Fittler and Joey.

Insightful, not biased (although the Kiwi commentary team are the worst for this) and always having a laugh. 

The Sky team could take stock on how to call the game....I even though the BBC team called the game better on Saturday in the Challenge Cup.

#13 Toddye13

Toddye13
  • Facebook
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Sorry wasn't aware that Vossy was doing the commentary for warriors games. I was talking about the previous commentators who were ordinary and turned me off watching the Warriors live.

I agree with you on Stevo and the Sky team here in the UK. Really struggle to listen to Eddie going off on one of his rants about rules that he doesn't even understand. Get some new blood in there and change it up.

You just cant get any better than listen Rabs and Sterlo and Gould.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users