In 'The Centurion' on Sunday 28th April

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

'The Centurion' is the official match day magazine of Leigh Centurions. For those of you travelling across to Leigh, here's a flavour of this week's contents. Have a safe journey.

Head Coach PAUL ROWLEY looks back with DAVE PARKINSON to all the games since Good Friday.

NATHAN LAWRENSON chats to ROB PARKER about the Wigan game. Rob feels that the final score line was a bit harsh on Leigh and enthuses about the fantastic support.

I’m going to have to have a word with MIKE HULME! This week, he’s sympathising with referees, over the introduction of new rulings this season.

CEO TREVOR BARTON compares the two recent defeats – where the score lines were identical, but the performances were totally different.

GARETH WALKER, of League Express provides two features this week. He ridicules Dennis Betts’ moans about the Easter schedule, contrasting what it is like for Super League and Championship players. It goes without saying that they have life tougher in our league! His second feature highlights the efforts of Coventry Bears, as they strive for a place in next season’s Championship One.

DAVE PARKINSON has a host of Facts ‘N Stats to update, and he reports on two crushing defeats for the Under 20’s – it’s not been a good fortnight for the clubs defensive strategies!

MAURICE JONES has been a busy man, catching the action from our four of our last five games, including last week’s cup tie.

Love RL correspondent, TONY WILLIAMS makes a case for not ‘dissing’ the RFL – I’ll have to have a word with him too! He is withering in his criticism of the BBC and their coverage of the Challenge Cup draw.

ALAN EDGE doffs his flat cap to a couple of incidents in a recent Castleford v Wakefield ‘derby’. He also has an in-depth look at our visitors from Batley and sees similarities in the decline in attendances, at LSV and the Loverugbyleague.com stadium.

ALAN PLATT updates us on Touchdown news, and SHARON DILLON has the latest Junior Centurions news

JOHN RODDY has  information on the format of the club’s latest venture – Leigh Centurions TV - and divulges what it will cost fans!.

There’s a new look to the SQUAD information, as we look to increase player sponsorship, and PARKY PIG reports on the great Easter Egg extravaganza.

All this is packed into 24 full pages of information, in our 32 page programme.

Once again, it is hoped that, publishers permitting, ‘The Centurion’ will be on sale at our town centre retail outlet later this week.

#2 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Cheers Alan, I am sure the magazine is cracking but the point I picked up on was there was a feature highlighting how our attendances are rubbish and falling.  Nice way to welcome your guests!!

"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#3 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Cheers Alan, I am sure the magazine is cracking but the point I picked up on was there was a feature highlighting how our attendances are rubbish and falling.  Nice way to welcome your guests!!

I'm not saying your attendances are rubbish. The point I make (buy the programme) is that yours are falling - just like Leigh's. (and most other clubs) The phrase used in my preview above, is "and sees similarities in the decline in attendances, at LSV and the Loverugbyleague.com stadium." One of the features of the programme is a comparison (2012 v 2013) of attendances for all our visitors - and they're all falling. It's a worrying time for all Championship clubs.

As for welcoming our guests - Batley supporters will always be welcome at LSV. We've enjoyed some great times at 'Mount Pleasant' - at least, OFF the pitch.

Edited by AlanE, 24 April 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#4 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Totaly agree with ur comments we after relise sl dont want or need us . We must take some action maybe a break away from sl may help they dont care for us when they care about them selves

#5 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

I was only ribbing.  LSV is rapidly becoming one of my favourite away grounds (on the back of the NRC semi-final of course). 

I will look forward to a full blooded encounter.

"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#6 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hate the place personally.

No offence.

#7 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

I was only ribbing.  LSV is rapidly becoming one of my favourite away grounds (on the back of the NRC semi-final of course). 

I will look forward to a full blooded encounter.

Oops - must have been my sense of humour bypass kicking in, after going to Halifax the other week. Leigh v Batley games are getting increasingly difficult to forecast. As a Leyther, I'm not optimistic about Sunday. As for your club, I've always admired it - if the rest of us ran things the way your BOD has, the sport would be in an altogether healthier state.

#8 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hate the place personally.

No offence.

Second that. The place has no soul or character at all.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#9 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Buford you big liar you get excited about getting there for a balti pie as soon as we get on the m62!!

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Buford you big liar you get excited about getting there for a balti pie as soon as we get on the m62!!

Ok you got me. But thats the only nice bit! Ha

#11 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Ok you got me. But thats the only nice bit! Ha

#12 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Even worse when we play Swinton

#13 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

You mean you don't enjoy being restricted to sitting in one stand with another 500 hardy souls....

#14 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Second that. The place has no soul or character at all.

And Batley does? 

#15 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

More than the tip rat on derby day. Actually that's a bit harsh one Eddie. You lot did make a bit of noise for the for the first 7 minutes.

#16 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

You mean you don't enjoy being restricted to sitting in one stand with another 500 hardy souls....

Mmmmm let me think on that one for a bit. I'll pass N07.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users