21 replies to this topic

#1 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Friday 26th April ........

Pennine Div 5......

Hunslet Old Boys A v Whinmoor......7.00ko......

Saturday 27th April......

Pennine Prem.......

Hunslet Old Boys v Slaithwaite Saracens......2.30ko

NCL Div 1....

Dewsbury Celtic v Hunslet Warriors......2.30ko

YML Premier......

Hunslet Warriors A v Stanningley.......2.30ko

Edited by Blackbeard, 25 April 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#2 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hunslet Warriors A v Stanningley..........GAME OFF........

#3 St Domingos

St Domingos
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

Hunslet Warriors A v Stanningley..........GAME OFF........

why?

I still remember when we were all amateurs, working together for the good of the game - for no pay!!!

#4 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

why?

No reason given St , on Warriors website as Postponed...........

#5 Artful Dogger

Artful Dogger
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

staningley cant get a team

#6 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

has amatuer rugby in this area ever been in a worst state, when you think of all the teams , pubs, works , club teams from years ago.Theres hardly any left, maybe thats why were still miles behind the Aussies - a lack of players

Posted Image

#7 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Steve the Pennine leagues has got to be the best run leagues in the area the committee stand no nonsense and are quick to deal with any club who break any rules which are thoroughly laid out to them when they join. The yorkshire league which Sharlston once played in was a farce and some teams thought it was more of a thuggery league than a rugby league and the quality in the premier division is of a very top standard throughout and there must be at least 7 or 8 lower leagues which are also very competitive. .

chappy

#8 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Agree with everything you've said there Col , if anything i'd say the amateur teams are stronger and a better bed of players , than ever , if anything blame the super League teams for not given the young kids a chance , instead of oversea players , the NCL and your top amateur leagues have good players and many ex-pros...........

#9 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

has amatuer rugby in this area ever been in a worst state, when you think of all the teams , pubs, works , club teams from years ago.Theres hardly any left, maybe thats why were still miles behind the Aussies - a lack of players

Hunslet Warriors run 2 open age sides and kids from the age of 8 upwards to open age , Hunslet Parkside are only running 2 teams at u14 and u18 and have merged with The Hunslet Boys and Girls Club , which have started juniors , and the Hunslet Old Boys are running 2 open age sides , i'd rather have quality than quantity , a lot of the pub/club  teams of yesterday have shut down , but i think theres still a lot of talent in the area , Miggy were doing ok until the open age side folded ............

#10 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hunslet Warriors run 2 open age sides and kids from the age of 8 upwards to open age , Hunslet Parkside are only running 2 teams at u14 and u18 and have merged with The Hunslet Boys and Girls Club , which have started juniors , and the Hunslet Old Boys are running 2 open age sides , i'd rather have quality than quantity , a lot of the pub/club teams of yesterday have shut down , but i think theres still a lot of talent in the area , Miggy were doing ok until the open age side folded ............

Don't think Rochdale Hornets would agree Rik. From what I have read not seen of course.

#11 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Don't think Rochdale Hornets would agree Rik. From what I have read not seen of course.

The fans ad cans in the crowd which the stewards were tryin to get hold of , if you were a Rochdale fan with kids , yes it would av been intimidating , and the players where getting stuck in , the sending off was justifed , but Wayne just slapped him open handed , but there was no trouble as far as fighting in the crowd , drunken fans enjoying themselfs , and i'd even say sorry to the Rochdale fans............

Edited by Blackbeard, 26 April 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#12 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

The fans ad cans in the crowd which the stewards were tryin to get hold of , if you were a Rochdale fan with kids , yes it would av been intimidating , and the players where getting stuck in , the sending off was justifed , but Wayne just slapped him open handed , but there was no trouble as far as fighting in the crowd , drunken fans enjoying themselfs , and i'd even say sorry to the Rochdale fans............

Not blaming anyone as I wasn't there mate just saying what I have read.

#13 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Not blaming anyone as I wasn't there mate just saying what I have read.

Some of the stuff i read Daz was a bit of the mark but in years to come the story will av mass battles in it and all forgotten

#14 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hunslet Old Boys A 20 v 0 Whinmoor ft

#15 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

You've been booted out early from Sids

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#16 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

You've been booted out early from Sids

He had to be up early for the cheap bus trip to Ripon races , good night , KK,Cider,Red Wine , and home by 10.30 , could you not get a pass out......and he even had me a Birthday cake with a candle in it............

#17 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hunslet Old Boys 24 v 10 Slaithwaite ft

Dewsbury Celtic 16 v 38 Hunslet Warriors ft

Edited by Blackbeard, 27 April 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#18 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Says in todays rugby papers that Old Boys 2nd team final against Farnley at Bus Vale is 2nd of May ......... Its now Thurs 9th of May.............

Edited by Blackbeard, 29 April 2013 - 04:06 PM.

#19 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

you coming over to Sharlston on the 25th with the old boys you can bring the a team if you like lol

Edited by suzzy, 29 April 2013 - 05:12 PM.

chappy

#20 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

you coming over to Sharlston on the 25th with the old boys you can bring the a team if you like lol

I'll be there Col , i'll probally go to see the Queens v Sharlston game the week before , no game for us that w'end.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users