Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

26/04/13 - Hull FC v Wigan Warriors - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Voted Wigan Warriors (8 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

2nd Richards pen.

20-28.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#42 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

20-28, full time.

Good effort from both teams.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#43 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

You're in for an entertaining evening then.

Agree with the radio comment I really enjoyed tht unlucky hull by sounds of it !!

#44 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Great game tonight if Holdsworth and Ellis were playing we could of won. Wigan just knew how to win the game. Another Lineham hatrick what a player that lad is him and Crooks are a pleasure to watch.

Edited by westhuller, 26 April 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#45 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Great game. Very few penalties all match which was a shame the game got away from us with two kicked penalty goals.

Fell asleep for two 2 minute periods of the game to concede 4 tries (2 x back to back tries). Usually one set of back to back tries would see us put out heads down, so I'm pleased to see that we battled until the end.
Posted Image

#46 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Great game tonight if Holdsworth and Ellis were playing we could of won. Wigan just knew how to win the game. Another Lineham hatrick what a player that lad is him and Crooks are a pleasure to watch.

Throw Danny Tickle's goal kicking into the mix and you could argue the case Hull would have come out of it with something.  Speculation apart, I thought it was an outstanding game between a very good Wigan side and a Hull team that's really beginning to find its feet. I can't recall seeing a better game in what has been a very flat Super League season so far.

Lineham and Crooks really look like something special. I've never seen Pat Richards look so uncomfortable against Hull before (he still managed to set up a superb try for Tomkins though). Best player on the field was Richard Horne for me though. What a season he's having.

Bring on the second half of the season. I've got a feeling we're going to enjoy it.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#47 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Great game. Very few penalties all match which was a shame the game got away from us with two kicked penalty goals.

Fell asleep for two 2 minute periods of the game to concede 4 tries (2 x back to back tries). Usually one set of back to back tries would see us put out heads down, so I'm pleased to see that we battled until the end.

Funny how it was anything goes at the ruck until the last ten minutes in front of our posts.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#48 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Charnley over, seemed to be nearer the first row of seats than in play but hey ho.

10-18.

The disappointing thing was that we had enough defenders there to knock him into the back row of seats. There wouldn't have been any argument then. 

FWIW it was right in front of us and I thought it was a fair try.

#49 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

The disappointing thing was that we had enough defenders there to knock him into the back row of seats. There wouldn't have been any argument then.

FWIW it was right in front of us and I thought it was a fair try.

Couldn't see the Charnley try so cannot comment but there first was short and he rolled the ball over after the initial grounding the only people to miss it were the three people who counted.
Your right about Horne he was superb again.

#50 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Couldn't see the Charnley try so cannot comment but there first was short and he rolled the ball over after the initial grounding the only people to miss it were the three people who counted.
Your right about Horne he was superb again.

No issue with the first. Right in front of me. Fair grounding, we didn't complete the tackle.
Posted Image

#51 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Just walked past Andy Gregory on the way to the Three John Scotts in the centre of Hull. He was with a silver haired chap, both looking to have a somewhat rosy complexion.

Is there some Pies celebration of former players on tonight or summat?
The Silver haired gentleman was Jim Taylor former G.B.community Lions coach, met up with them yesterday at the East Hull v St.Pats game, Greg was speaking in Hull Friday evening and Saturday evening they were at a boxing event at the K.C. stadium.

#52 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Cheers for that.

#53 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users