League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

27/04/13 - London Broncos v St Helens - KO 1pm

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. London Broncos (10 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

2. Voted St Helens (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Draw (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 snoopy

snoopy
  • Coach
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

18 - 14 to London

#22 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

21- 14 to Broncos

#23 Nomad XIII

Nomad XIII
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

FT 21-14

#24 snoopy

snoopy
  • Coach
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Phew. Much needed win secured :rolleyes:

#25 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Phew. Much needed win secured :rolleyes:

From the radio it sounded like London did it the hard way with some strong defence and only occasional spells of pressure of their own.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#26 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Little between the 2 sides. London can build on this.

#27 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Little between the 2 sides. London can build on this.

Hopefully not next week.

#28 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Excellent result - well done Broncos!

#29 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Am I the only one thinking the Broncos are slowly progressing? Wasn't Dixon top try scorer till last night or something? I really hope they make the play offs.

#30 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

I watched them play Leeds a few weeks back and they are the worst team I have seen live in a few years. Leeds didn't have to get out if 1st gear and still won comfortably. They don't have a chance of making the playoffs this season.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#31 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed today's match. Both teams lacked quality, but London simply showed fight and determination to grind out a win. Tony Rea will be proud.

Dixon and Sarginson have loads of raw talent, but I think they need some good coaching as they tend to make poor decisions at crucial moments. But with more experience they could be excellent.

Edited by goldcoaster, 27 April 2013 - 06:00 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Cracking game that hinged on two things, firstly London subsititutions, Bringing Ben Fisher on added a spark and urgency to London's attack and bringing on Luke Dorn as fullback and moving Michael Robertson back out onto the wing. The game changer was London's defence holding out twice inside their own 20 metre line just before the break as I do not think that if we had gone in 6-16 we would have come back.

Dixon and Sarginson combined on the left flank shored up a solid defensive line for the Broncos, Gower had a good game and this is a win you could not buy for the confidence it gives the club as there is no such thing as a bad XIII wearing the Red V. For sure they had 8 first graders out but London too were missing the likes of Rodney and Clubb as David Hughes pointed out in the programme..Overall a far better performandce from London.

Two tough wins on the bounce and London could be beginning to get on a roll riding the Rea Rollercoaster.

Crowd over 2,800 and to be honest this is the fourth good Home game I have seeen since returning from NZ wins, loss and draw. On days such as this in the euphoria I do really think that given a more a more compact stadium, and a new benefactor with the players now coming through London is yet salvageable for Super League.

Now that the Football League season is over an announcement on the clubs new home should follow shortly...

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#33 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

5 losses in a row next week for stains........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#34 bucklerscott

bucklerscott
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Bye bye Brown! Saints a shadow of themselves, very upsetting to see! oh well Warrington V Leeds again then

#35 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

As a giants fan - I told you so.

#36 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

We are on a bad run at the moment, but I can't read too much into this, other than Saints are desperate for a halfback.

Lomax  Ade Meli Wilkin Wheeler Perry Roby Manu Flanaghan Walker

There is a lot to come back for Saints, but bar Wheeler,  (and now swift but he has been playing wing)   there are no halfbacks to comeback.

The injuries are not helping matters and Lomax and Roby are hugely influential.  But with all of those players  back, it puts us back as a side who can do damage,  but with no halfbacks we are a side that can do damage, but we can't win things.

Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#37 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Bye bye Brown! Saints a shadow of themselves, very upsetting to see! oh well Warrington V Leeds again then

Why is it upsetting?

#38 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

We are on a bad run at the moment, but I can't read too much into this, other than Saints are desperate for a halfback.

I can't believe Brown loaned out Gaskell to Salford. He isn't even playing for them ATM. Perhaps hey should recall him, then they'd have a HB
Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

Unintentionaly funny reading Redvee.net at present

http://www.redvee.ne...ts-MATCH-THREAD

It seems churlish to point out that the "D grade" side that is the London Broncos with the "65 year old halfback on one leg" had only 17 fit players yesterday.....

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#40 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Saints had plenty first teamers out from what I saw

Hope the young lad who scored for Saints was okay -looked like a bad head/neck injury

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users