Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

27/04/13 - London Broncos v St Helens - KO 1pm

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. London Broncos (10 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

2. Voted St Helens (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Draw (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Saints had plenty first teamers out from what I saw

Hope the young lad who scored for Saints was okay -looked like a bad head/neck injury

First point - not really.  Unfortunately, of those senior players who consistently avoid injury and do not put pressure on the team by getting themselves banned, only Soliola and Wellens work hard.  The rest aren't worth the money they are paid.

Second point - it's not as bad as first thought.  Swift has a bad dead leg.  Apparently we also picked up two other injuries during the match, to Soliola and Ashe.

#42 snoopy

snoopy
  • Coach
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Unintentionaly funny reading Redvee.net at present

http://www.redvee.ne...ts-MATCH-THREAD

It seems churlish to point out that the "D grade" side that is the London Broncos with the "65 year old halfback on one leg" had only 17 fit players yesterday.....

Truly amazing to listen to these Sts supporters. If they had to suffer being a bottom 4 club i guess they wouldn't attend games at all. Such is the effect of being treated to so much success over many seasons.

#43 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

I've made the same point myself in the past.  But then you are regarded as settling for mediocraty and having no ambition. 

The halfback point is a fair point that the fans make.  No other team heads out with 0 halfbacks,  some may struggle on 1.  

As for Gaskell,  Injured at present, but I have asked the question and supposedly  allegedly  it was written into the contract that he can't be recalled.

He's upset someone at Saints, but no one is talking.  Wilkin gave him a final Salvo in the press on the way out, so it could be players it could be the staff.

Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#44 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Players ruling the roost at Saints still? Who'd have thought it

#45 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

First point - not really. Unfortunately, of those senior players who consistently avoid injury and do not put pressure on the team by getting themselves banned, only Soliola and Wellens work hard. The rest aren't worth the money they are paid.

Second point - it's not as bad as first thought. Swift has a bad dead leg. Apparently we also picked up two other injuries during the match, to Soliola and Ashe.

My first point was ambiguous - should have said it looked like they had close to a full team out. Plenty big names

#46 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

My first point was ambiguous - should have said it looked like they had close to a full team out. Plenty big names

Who were the big names?

#47 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Well done London

#48 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

What a fantastic feeling that was for once at the final whistle.

Tremendous effort all round.

Dont like to single anybody out but you cant keep Dorney down.

No doubt the Club will announce Gillingham next season imminently to kill the euphoria stone dead.

#49 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.