League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

27/04/13 - Salford City Reds v Castleford Tigers - KO 6.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Salford City Reds (10 votes [90.91%])

Percentage of vote: 90.91%

2. Castleford Tigers (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Referee: T Alibert

Touch Judge: J Cobb

Touch Judge: A Martin

Time Keeper: C Morris

Match Commissioner: K Leyland

Video Referee: R Silverwood

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

CAS

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#4 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

New coach V no coach with Alibert in charge?

I have no idea what the result will be, maybe a better defensive performance from Salford?

30-30 draw

#5 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

As Alibert was the referee for the first Salford victory in this years campaign,at home to Hull KR,his appointment doesn't worry me.He was criticised for the last minute red cards,so I suppose he could be blamed for changing a winning side as prop Jewitt was banned for a game.Salford will obviously change the winning side from the CC game victory in Cheltenham.
Danny Orr seems to have galvanised his players,with a backdrop of new investment arriving,and as they managed the double over Salford last season,a mixture of snow,ice,and defensive frailty from Luke Patten,they will be confident going into this game.
Although Sean Long continued his responsibilities at the game last week I have no idea whether or not he has been with the Salford players in the last few days.Whether Alan Hunte has been helping is also unknown.
I shall just hope for pleasant weather and a decent crowd for 'Ladies Day'.

#6 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

I like the sound of the Ladies Day promotion.  It's a good idea to use something a bit extra to try and tempt fans back to watch the team.

It's really hard to say who will win this because Salford can play very well or they can be surrender monkeys (although not so much under Hunte as they were under Vievers).  However, if Salford work hard and still show signs of Longy's influence in attack then there is no reason why they couldn't beat Cas. 

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Castleford squad: Justin Carney, Michael Shenton, Kirk Dixon, Rangi Chase, Jamie Ellis, Jonathan Walker, Daryl Clark, Craig Huby, Lee Gilmour, Weller Hauraki, Adam Milner, Nathan Massey, Oliver Holmes, Jordan Thompson, Jordan Tansey, Dan Fleming, James Clare, Keith Mason, Ryan Boyle.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Salford squad: Jodie Broughton, Ashley Gibson, Martin Gleeson, Danny Williams, Liam Foran, Matty Ashurst, Andrew Dixon, Stephen Wild, Wayne Godwin, Vic Mauro, Jordan James, Adam Neal, Theo Fages, Marc Sneyd, Ryan McGoldrick, Gareth Owen, Darrell Griffin, Adam Walne, Jake Emmitt.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Salford can play very well or they can be surrender monkeys (although not so much under Hunte as they were under Vievers).  However, if Salford work hard and still show signs of Longy's influence in attack then there is no reason why they couldn't beat Cas.

I think I should point out that in the time Veivers was in charge,he never had a side that conceded as many as 58 points,as the side put out by Hunte did,at Widnes on the 7th April.
The return of McGoldrick against one of his former clubs is interesting and the pace of their hookers and whether they persist with a prop at loose forward may also cause problems as Salford are injury depleted in the pack.

#10 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Salford by 2

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Salford, by 6.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

I think this will be very physical encounter and Castleford will try to unsettle Reds with a very strong start. With Rangi Chase playing and getting quick ball from Clarke, Cas have a real ace against our weak defence out wide.

Brian Noble is a factor - the new coach 1st game effect? If Salford can withstand an opening barrage, confidence will rise and I think they will win a close game.

#13 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

The team with the worst attack and worst defence in the league at home against the team with the second-worst attack and second-worst defence in the league. Not one the purists, I think.

The last time I watched this game, the teams were absolutely even-stevens in constant drizzle until about 60 minutes, when Chase produced a 40-20 which led to a try in the next set. He then slotted over a drop goal just to rub our noses in it. I just hope that today is pay-back and we manage a win, and I don't care whether it is a beautiful win or a scruffy one. Chase will be the key player, though; we have to stop him playing to his strengths.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#14 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

The team with the worst attack and worst defence in the league at home against the team with the second-worst attack and second-worst defence in the league. Not one the purists, I think.

The last time I watched this game, the teams were absolutely even-stevens in constant drizzle until about 60 minutes, when Chase produced a 40-20 which led to a try in the next set. He then slotted over a drop goal just to rub our noses in it. I just hope that today is pay-back and we manage a win, and I don't care whether it is a beautiful win or a scruffy one. Chase will be the key player, though; we have to stop him playing to his strengths.

I have to add to you post Tony, that our record against Cas recently is absolutely abysmal!

Sun 10 Jun 12
Cas Win:
34 - 30

Sat 04 Feb 12
Cas Win:
10 - 24

Tue 05 Jul 11
Cas Win:
15 - 26

Fri 17 Jun 11
Cas Win:
8 - 15

Sun 10 Apr 11
Cas Win:
52 - 20

Surely out time must have come???

#15 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Oh, I do hope so, mate! And soon - like today!

Yours in hope,

Tony

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#16 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,933 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

BBC making a complete mess of the  commentary on Radio Five Live Sports Extra. 

#17 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Sounds like another cracker. That's 5 games from 5 this weekend that have been super exciting
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Carnie's Cover

Carnie's Cover
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

it is an awful game, played by two awful team officiated by the worst official to grace RL.

Edited by Carnie's Cover, 27 April 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#19 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Jonathan Walker gets trampled on at a play the ball, ref gives Salford pen and they score. Halibut was a disgrace but 2 poor teams

#20 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Well that was entertaining.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users