Photo
- - - - -

27/04/13 - Salford City Reds v Castleford Tigers - KO 6.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Salford City Reds (10 votes [90.91%])

Percentage of vote: 90.91%

2. Castleford Tigers (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

thought salford deserved the win, they weren't pretty but they stuck to the job and never gave in, i would love jodie broughton at widnes.

Oi you! Hands off! :P

We've been asset-stripped enough of late.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#42 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

hope salford start to climb away from the bottom, even at widnes when they were thrashed they never stopped playing expansive rugby.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#43 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

thought salford deserved the win, they weren't pretty but they stuck to the job and never gave in, i would love jodie broughton at widnes.

It may have lifted my satisfaction levels if Jodie had not been starved of the ball so much,again.
Pleased people on this forum recognised how well Theo played and delighted that the second televised game,refereed by Alibert,has ended with a close scoreline and created some excitement for viewers.
A little controversy,not touched on as yet,being the action of putting Tansey on report for his high tackle.
When SCR defeated HULL KR 38-34 Alibert red-carded 2 players,one from each side,for exchanging punches at a scrum in the final minute,whereas in this game he didn't card Tansey.
As someone who wants SCR to win games,even if they lack quality,I don't object to Alibert being in charge of our next 2 televised games on Sky.Oh,and the BBC after we defeat Warrington in the CC.( Smileys not working )

#44 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Having watch the game on SKY this morning, I still wasn't convinced Salford were going to win.

Before today's games the biggest winning margin is 8, yet in this game it's seen as a negative?

For me Shenton could have cost Cas the game 2 breaks, where he failed to look for support.

Tansey should have gone if we have a consistent approach.

Salford will improve defensively under Noble, but I'm still worried that it will follow the Harrison format, when we improved but lost any attacking flair.

Anyway I'll take a win any day.

#45 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

i thought tansey should have been sent off as it was every bit as bad as the francis meli incident, like the look of fages and it beggars belief that catalans let lads like him leave and sign so many antipodeans.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#46 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

i thought tansey should have been sent off as it was every bit as bad as the francis meli incident, like the look of fages and it beggars belief that catalans let lads like him leave and sign so many antipodeans.

Possibly better for the French team to have a smattering of lads around the league now.

#47 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Thought it was a really entertaining game. I had hoped the new coach factor might bring a few more fans through the gate though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#48 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Thought it was a really entertaining game. I had hoped the new coach factor might bring a few more fans through the gate though.

Agreed - the problems of the crowd will take a lot of hard work to put right. More than the on-field ones. The previous management of the club upset & lost a huge amount of people (I wont bore you with the list of c~~p things - but it is extensive)and having a rather jobsworth stadium management company is not helping. A fresh start with new players and a proper build up (on and off field) should help a bit and IF we can string together some good results, the crowds will rise.

This year is a new start for us - any wins we get are a bonus. Our young players like Sneyd, Fages, Walne and Owen will be getting valuable experience and 7 points at half way through is 7 more than I though we would have by now!

#49 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Where do I start !

Firstly I'll take the two points ,both teams had hatfuls of chances to secure the game but didn't that's why we're where we are , people passing judgement on Noble's tenure ?? he's been in the job less than a week !!

From a Salford point of view Cas picked our pockets last season with a last gasp 34-30 win , we've just repaid the compliment on Saturday.

both teams have talent but lack confidence  - I was at Headingley watching the Cas Leeds CC game and it took two moments of magic from Maguire to secure the win.

Chase was brilliant as ever for Cas , but is such a pivot for them he sometimes overplays moves,  

We don't yet have such an influencial player maker ( they all left ..) but as a team manage to  get over the line.

The Widnes - Wakey game was equally end to end with lapses in concentration but great to watch , as was the game on Saturday., but I cannot understand people wanting rid of teams playing entertaining , albeit flawed RL . maybe they're should have watched the Saracans / Harlequins ??- Toulon try fest .... 

It's round 13 of a season Salford were in danger of not even starting , we're on out 3rd manager  , with an assistant Coach on his way out after the Wigan Game, yet we have 7 points and much more positives than negatives to work on.

As for crowds , there's is alot of bridge building ( literally ) with fans & locals with the Club & the Stadium , it's in the interests of the Club they take back control of the ticketing arrangements & parking quickly ..

Edited by Middleman, 29 April 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#50 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Where do I start !
Firstly I'll take the two points ,both teams had hatfuls of chances to secure the game but didn't that's why we're where we are , people passing judgement on Noble's tenure ?? he's been in the job less than a week !!
From a Salford point of view Cas picked our pockets last season with a last gasp 34-30 win , we've just repaid the compliment on Saturday.
both teams have talent but lack confidence  - I was at Headingley watching the Cas Leeds CC game and it took two moments of magic from Maguire to secure the win.
Chase was brilliant as ever for Cas , but is such a pivot for them he sometimes overplays moves,  
We don't yet have such an influencial player maker ( they all left ..) but as a team manage to  get over the line.
The Widnes - Wakey game was equally end to end with lapses in concentration but great to watch , as was the game on Saturday., but I cannot understand people wanting rid of teams playing entertaining , albeit flawed RL . maybe they're should have watched the Saracans - Toulon try fest .... 

It's round 13 of a season Salford were in danger of not even starting , we're on out 3rd manager  , with an assistant Coach on his way out after the Wigan Game, yet we have 7 points and much more positives than negatives to work on.

As for crowds , there's is alot of bridge building ( literally ) with fans & locals with the Club & the Stadium , it's in the interests of the Club they take back control of the ticketing arrangements & parking quickly ..

This

#51 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Entertaining game ,with the right result.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#52 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Where do I start !

The Widnes - Wakey game was equally end to end with lapses in concentration but great to watch , as was the game on Saturday., but I cannot understand people wanting rid of teams playing entertaining , albeit flawed RL . maybe they're should have watched the Saracans / Harlequins ??- Toulon try fest .... 

I agree with all of that, especially the bit in bold. We should all start looking at the positives.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#53 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

I agree with all of that, especially the bit in bold. We should all start looking at the positives.

Me too. Long road to travel but I have faith in those at the wheel now.

#54 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#55 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Further to your point 41hound, must admit that I stopped watching Salford about 13 years ago, initially because I don't like Super league, and after 25 years of false promises and lies, but later I actually fell out with the club after the way I was treated by certain people at the club when I did attend the odd game. Anyway, I went on to enjoying RL as a neutral, until Celtic Crusaders came along and I got attached to them (Still am a supporter of NW Crusaders). I still have an aerial photo of the Willows on my wall though as I spent some of the best days of my life there in pre Super League times (Knocking Wigan out of the Challenge cup) and I also have a framed copy of the 1969 Challenge cup final programme. Anyway, my point is I really like this Dr Koukash guy. He "ruffles feathers" at the RFL and that is always good. He seems like a genuine guy to me and he is a winner. I think my long suffering Salford friends might finally be getting a team to be proud of. I like Noble too. He did great for us at Crusaders. After years in indifference and I now find myself wanting my home town club to win again and although I will never become a Super league fan again I am tempted to sample the occasional Salford game again now.

#56 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

They're all coming out of the woodwork now... ;)

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#57 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Further to your point 41hound, must admit that I stopped watching Salford about 13 years ago, initially because I don't like Super league, and after 25 years of false promises and lies, but later I actually fell out with the club after the way I was treated by certain people at the club when I did attend the odd game. Anyway, I went on to enjoying RL as a neutral, until Celtic Crusaders came along and I got attached to them (Still am a supporter of NW Crusaders). I still have an aerial photo of the Willows on my wall though as I spent some of the best days of my life there in pre Super League times (Knocking Wigan out of the Challenge cup) and I also have a framed copy of the 1969 Challenge cup final programme. Anyway, my point is I really like this Dr Koukash guy. He "ruffles feathers" at the RFL and that is always good. He seems like a genuine guy to me and he is a winner. I think my long suffering Salford friends might finally be getting a team to be proud of. I like Noble too. He did great for us at Crusaders. After years in indifference and I now find myself wanting my home town club to win again and although I will never become a Super league fan again I am tempted to sample the occasional Salford game again now.

Come back in from the cold. You know you wanna ;)

#58 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Your initials K.R. I suspect.
If I am correct you will have to return.( No acces to Smileys )

Edited by TwoBlues, 30 April 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#59 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

I know your comment is a bit "tongue in cheek" but Coming out of the woodwork is a bit rich coming from a Bradford fan. LOL! Your probably not as old as me and can't remember the empty terraces at Odsal. Your success was built on Cougarmania! How many ex Keighley and Dewsbury fans follow Bradford now? Anyway, I am not coming out of the woodwork. I have a season ticket for North Wales Crusaders, and when they don't have a game I always find a RL game to go to, every Saturday and Sunday. Salford are a 10 minute drive from my house now but I have only ever been there once. I don't profess to be loyal to anybody. I can watch RL anywhere, and do so. I go where I am entertained. You are correct TwoBlues. I suspect there are some Salford fans who don't want me anywhere near Barton though, but that won't stop me if I want to go. Probably be at the Catalans game if I can get the night off work. A few of my North Wales mates have always followed Catalans as well.

#60 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Nice post - I hope we can start to rise as we really did hit rock bottom. If you decide to come to a match that would be great - if all our spectators of old could do that it would help. Things are a bit different from The Willows as the stadium is run by a Management Company and they lack charm. But there is a fans bar with old matches on video and ex-players on occasion and the view from the stands is good. It is best to but your ticket in advance via club website and print off at home. We have a lot to improve to keep Rugby League alive in Salford, but I am sure that next year will be a lot better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users