Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Farage poles the electorate

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#261 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,719 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

They will win the next election hands down with a simple manifesto:)

I would like to see

* Income tax lowered to at least 20%

* Higher taxes on lagers and ###### mass produced beers ZERO taxes on real ale and all micro breweries:)

* Grammar schools back (Get rid of all the NEW university,s which are basically art colleges for drop outs)

* Free Gas and Electricity for pensioners

* STOP ALL cuts to the Royal Navy + bring back the ARK ROYAL:)))))

* Overseas funding 100% CUT to everywhere but the old British Commonwealth (Increased amounts there)

* BAN our troops from get involved in pointless wars that have nothing to do with us Iraq etc

* Invade Rhodesia and kick Mugube out:))))

* Repeal the 1967 marine offences act

* Make rugby league and cricket compulsory in all state schools

* Legalize brothels like in Spain and other countries (We are years behind) and dont tell me they will be victims (They certainly are in the UK where foreign criminals control it)

* Steam trains brought back onto the main lines at weekends (They would be packed) and many branch lines rebuilt

The above is just for starters:)))

CM

Your welcome ideas have much to commend them, but need a tweak
Permit me
Scrapping comps and reintroducing grammar schools would cast aside at a stroke one of mrs thatcher's flagship policies .

Alas the ark royal is worn out, but I would rename the royal navy's new carriers Eagle and Furious instead of after two benefits scroungers: names carried proudly by famous aircraft carriers of the past

Surely rugby league should be compulsory on private schools as well as state schools

Excellent call on the steam trains

As for the brothels; can I just say how much I admire your lack of self interest on this one; truly states person like
Good call on the beer as well
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#262 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,313 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

DONT WORRY, We will 100% be leaving the EU ,aid for India will also include monies go to create TIGER havens to stop those nasty chinese having them killed for the sake of imaginary penis enlargement:))))))

CM

So, to summarise: a vote for you is a vote for genuine penis enlargement and legalised brothels?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#263 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

So, to summarise: a vote for you is a vote for genuine penis enlargement and legalised brothels?

And steam trains. Don't forget the steam trains!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#264 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

That would net them an extra hundred thousand votes in Lancashire

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#265 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

And steam trains. Don't forget the steam trains!

Yes, yes!

Are we talking just an increase in summer excursions or a return of steam locos to the network?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#266 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

That would net them an extra hundred thousand votes in Lancashire

That would be from the womenfolk.

Sadly for Yorkshire, sheep don't get the vote.  :P  :)

edited to add the smilies.

Edited by tonyXIII, 06 May 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#267 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

365 days a year at weekends (They can pull the bloody track up during the week:)))) + a relaying of many old branch lines to re-connect to the network.

Like this one www.bluebell-railway.co.uk

TAX FREE DRAFT REAL ALE will be served in the buffet at all times
ONLY ALBUM TRACKS will be played on the trains speaker systems
There will be FIRST and SECOND CLASS bedrooms available on long distance overnight trains to entertain yourselves (Sort of a mobile legalized brothel:)

Pensioners and families will receive a minimum 50% discount (No children obviously allowed on the overnight slapper specials to Scotland and the West Country)

TRAINS will also have their proper names re-instated
FLYING SCOTSMAN
YORKSHIRE PULLMAN
Etc

RL and Cricket fans to receive FREE travel to matches as part of their season ticket:)

CM

Have you thought this through in terms of the drivers and firemen required? 

My old dad used to say that anybody who wants to see steam locos back has never driven one to Kellingley Colliery at five in the morning in the depths of winter.

Although I suppose brothel cars may act as an incentive in any recruitment drive.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#268 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,719 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

365 days a year at weekends (They can pull the bloody track up during the week:)))) + a relaying of many old branch lines to re-connect to the network.

Like this one www.bluebell-railway.co.uk

TAX FREE DRAFT REAL ALE will be served in the buffet at all times
ONLY ALBUM TRACKS will be played on the trains speaker systems
There will be FIRST and SECOND CLASS bedrooms available on long distance overnight trains to entertain yourselves (Sort of a mobile legalized brothel:)

Pensioners and families will receive a minimum 50% discount (No children obviously allowed on the overnight slapper specials to Scotland and the West Country)

TRAINS will also have their proper names re-instated
FLYING SCOTSMAN
YORKSHIRE PULLMAN
Etc

RL and Cricket fans to receive FREE travel to matches as part of their season ticket:)

CM

Makes a lot of sense

No black fives please

Wouldn't mind a rebuild of:

Unrebuilt patriots

Lord nelson class as modified by bulleid

K3 260s

Thompson modified Pacifics: he was right all along
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#269 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

Extra bonus for Virgin drivers to switch to steam:)))))

CM

Big risk taking on drivers who don't know how to handle a dodgy boiler.

Edited by Ullman, 06 May 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#270 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

The European Union started out as the Common Market ... a trading organisation ...

That's just remarkably bad history.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#271 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

That's just remarkably bad history.

If you say so. You will have ample opportunity to expand on that hypothesis if you ever get offered an interview for a proper job.

#272 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

One thing the growth in the UKIP vote at these elections overshadowed was the collapse of the BNP's vote share. With fewer than a quarter of candidates that stood in 2009, the average percentage vote for candidates was under half what it was.

Their response? Griffin is proposing entryism in his column on his party's website (note, the link is not to the BNP)

http://www.democracy...ad.php?t=122944

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#273 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

The BNP are mindless idiots and anyone who accuses UKIP of being similar to them is totally ignorant of what the party stands for.

At least there is now an alternative for a protest vote although i am certain that UKIP will continue to do well:) which is great news as it puts all the others under pressure:))

CM

As has happened in the past when they called for an electoral pact not to stand against each other's candidates, it is the BNP who think they are similar.

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#274 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

http://www.dailymail...leb-jungle.html

The Tory Party makes up with Nadine Dorries to head off the risk of her defecting to UKIP.

#275 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,313 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

http://www.dailymail...leb-jungle.html

The Tory Party makes up with Nadine Dorries to head off the risk of her defecting to UKIP.

Which is magnificent in every way.

Tory MP this morning asked for permission to include the Ukip logo on his literature.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#276 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

Michael Portilo has come out .....

in favour of leaving the EU.

:)

#277 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

The BNP are mindless idiots and anyone who accuses UKIP of being similar to them is totally ignorant of what the party stands for.

At least there is now an alternative for a protest vote although i am certain that UKIP will continue to do well:) which is great news as it puts all the others under pressure:))

CM

The BNP are not mindless idiots but they are different from UKIP. The differences between the two are bigger than any similarities.

#278 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

UKIP are also the current fave party of various anti climate change advocates.

Not just anti windfarm, anti science to.

I was on a farmland restoration site that holds a wind turbine yesterday. The whine from it in a strong wind was really intrusive and annoying.

#279 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

I was on a farmland restoration site that holds a wind turbine yesterday. The whine from it in a strong wind was really intrusive and annoying.

I heard Nigel Farridge on the radio recently. The drone from the windbag was really intrusive and annoying.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#280 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,521 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users