Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Farage poles the electorate

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#281 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,944 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

I was on a farmland restoration site that holds a wind turbine yesterday. The whine from it in a strong wind was really intrusive and annoying.

I always found the effect on my father's lungs and the sound of him wheezing and coughing from a lifetime working down the pit a trifle irritating
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#282 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,121 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Taken from the Guido Fawkes site.

Nigel's got some fans in Portugal.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#283 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Policies?  What are they?

Edit:  just for interest, here's the electoral map of Suffolk at the CC elections.  It's almost stereotypically coloured, Tory in rural, Labour in urban.  Also, it's only a decade since the Lib Dems controlled Suffolk CC, now they're 4th.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#284 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Craig

Not having fixed policies at local level can be a good thing. Since when have the Tories and Labour ever been pragmatic?

For example, in my time as a Local Government officer:

- The Tories privatised services that were cost-effective. They wound up all the Metropolitan Authorities just to get rid of two of them ... the GLC and South Yorkshire.

- Labour refused to privatise, or even modify, services that were wholly inefficient. The unions carried more sway than the case for public benefit.

#285 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Craig

Not having fixed policies at local level can be a good thing. Since when have the Tories and Labour ever been pragmatic?

For example, in my time as a Local Government officer:

- The Tories privatised services that were cost-effective. They wound up all the Metropolitan Authorities just to get rid of two of them ... the GLC and South Yorkshire.

- Labour refused to privatise, or even modify, services that were wholly inefficient. The unions carried more sway than the case for public benefit.

How can you elect a party that campaigns on a macro level but when they get elected they don't even have micro-level policies.  Policies at least give you something to hold them accountable for, otherwise what's the point in political parties?

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#286 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Local Government has a proud record of receiving sterling service from Independent councillors, with to party axe to grind. There's no reason why UKIP councillors couldn't provide the same pragmatic role.

#287 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Local Government has a proud record of receiving sterling service from Independent councillors, with to party axe to grind. There's no reason why UKIP councillors couldn't provide the same pragmatic role.

An independent councillor speaks

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#288 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

I realise that those views have extreme sensitivity for you Jon.

#289 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

I realise that those views have extreme sensitivity for you Jon.

TBH, that didn't cross my mind when I read them as they're far too cartoonish to be taken personally.

- Severus, July 2012

#290 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

His views on disabled children are less than what you would normally expect from a civilised human being. Is there a case for culling people with views like his?

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#291 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,175 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

THe scary thing is that he was re-elected.

#292 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

THe scary thing is that he was re-elected.

By two votes, but still.  I genuinely can't see how his views are anything other than abhorrent.

Back on topic though, I note that Nadine Dorries has showed her gratitude for having the whip restored by announcing she'd like to be a joint Tory-kip candidate in 2015.

- Severus, July 2012

#293 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-22542587

Who the #### are this left that might get into power that she keeps talking about?

#294 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-22542587

Who the #### are this left that might get into power that she keeps talking about?

Diane Abbott.

#295 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,175 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Diane Abbott.

Before her appearance on I'm a Celebrity..., Ms Dorries said the Tory leadership was dominated by "arrogant posh boys".

Labour leadership candidate Diane Abbott is at the centre of a race row after describing David Cameron and Nick Clegg as 'two posh white boys'.

Spooky.

#296 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Diane Abbott.

That's it. That's "the left" that's going to sweep to power if right-wing Tories don't team up with UKIP!!! :haha:

#297 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Diane Abbot suffers from reverse racism syndrome.

CM

One Diane Abbott does not make up for the slavering hordes of Tory MPs on the right of the Tory party.  It's almost like a filthy mirror image of 1983, instead of the Labour party MPs demanding a further shift to the left, we have the Tories.  Unfortunately, there's no credible opposition to smash them into realising that they should abandon the frothy mouthed ones and concentrate on real policies.

#298 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,847 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

I think this thread is probably the best place to stick this Telegraph article.  It would equally do as well in the MIliband or Tory thread as the top bit reflects on how ###### they are and why UKIP is taking the Lib Dem place as the protest vote party.

#299 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

I think this thread is probably the best place to stick this Telegraph article.  It would equally do as well in the MIliband or Tory thread as the top bit reflects on how ###### they are and why UKIP is taking the Lib Dem place as the protest vote party.

The odd thing being that MEPs are (in general) worse with less control. Farage in particular milks the system something chronic and then goes to the golf club to brag about it.

I know I keep saying this - and Steve May says it better - but the real protest vote is simply not voting right now. Ukip's rating are increasing amongst the voters but the pool of voters is getting smaller. And it's not because people are apathetic but that they see the options and realise they literally have no choice.
- Severus, July 2012

#300 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,175 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Diane Abbot suffers from reverse racism syndrome.

CM

Nothing reverse about it, she is simply a racist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users