Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Little old Batley

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LINNERS

LINNERS
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Was having a look on some of the other forums and came across this from a fax fan

"Hopefully this weekend's game can be remembered for the right reasons, Fev are going to raise their game, as every team would when taking on a team in Halifax's current position. But I think its a fair assessment that all teams in our league raise the bar when they face Fax, Fev, Sheffield, Leigh and maybe Batley."

And maybe Batley, who are sat second in the league and are the only team to take points off fax. 

#2 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

So up there selves how long before the spending goes wrong when super league door dosnt open for them . Silly managment gambling on your clubs exentance just to try and get to the so called promise land of super league

#3 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

I wouldnt expect anything less from certain sections of the Halifax support- they still think they are a top flight side, and look down their noses at most other clubs they consider to be "smaller" than them.

If owning our own ground, being well run financially and having equally as good a squad (if not better) on half the budget isnt worthy of their respect, then i wouldnt want it anyway.

Although a lot of clubs and fans are sitting up and taking notice of how well we are doing on and off the field, and giving us the credit we deserve, I quite like us being the perenial underdogs, as its always sweeter when we beat teams like, erm, maybe Halifsx for example.

Edited by buford t justice, 24 April 2013 - 12:19 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

I couldn't care less what they or anyone else thinks. I am happy just getting on and doing well.
As for Halifax supporters, l have always found them great to talk to and enjoy going to the Shay. I don't think any average forum contributor represents their club's regular supporter.
Right........ Never mind Halifax. . . . what about Leigh?

#5 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

Let's show who little old batley are in the next two weeks! And support the lads to victory over the so called big boys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users