Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Second Vs Fifth

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Going to LSV for first time.Iam so old I can only remember Hilton Park.

Stan Gittins was an exceptional layer as was Terry Gorman.

Is the standing area open to away fans for Leigh home game?.I hate sitting

#22 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Leigh 10 Batley 22

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#23 leytherjay

leytherjay
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Away fans can go in any stand they want............usually get a few standing near me at the top of the north stand.

NRC CHAMPIONS 2011 & 2013

#24 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

Batley is the favourite away ground of many fans - always a great day out. Should be a cracker of a game.  I'm glad many of you enjoy going to Leigh and hope you can today. Both teams feeling it at the moment after tough encounters, but both greedy for the win. Leigh have 7 of 21 squad unavailable, with 2 youngsters Rhodri Lloyd and James Hill filling the gaps. 

I can't call it, but I hope it's another great advert for the Championship, and that a decent number go through the turnstiles. We need bigger gates and unfortunately many Leigh people sit in the pubs or at home watching football on a Sunday afternoon. With ManU having already won, it's a pointless game to watch, so I'm hoping that a few more think about going.

So, Leigh to win I hope, have a great day and safe journeys - time to get some brekkie and if you can go, please do

and a tune for fans and players of both teams, and rugby league in general 

Edited by amh, 28 April 2013 - 06:52 AM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#25 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

See you all there for what promises to be a great game. Hope the dogs can come away with 3 points.

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

See you all there for what promises to be a great game. Hope the dogs can come away with 3 points.

Sadly a great game it wasnt! Credit to Leigh we never stepped up to the plate to give them a game. What a difference a week makes :(

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

Sadly a great game it wasnt! Credit to Leigh we never stepped up to the plate to give them a game. What a difference a week makes :(

Even Dewsbury haven't been nilled this season  :lol:

#28 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

That will probably change next week.

#29 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

That will probably change next week.

:rolleyes:

#30 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

Even Dewsbury haven't been nilled this season :lol:

maybe not in a full match rombo but they get nilled nearly every second half dont they????!?? How many times is it now???

#31 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

maybe not in a full match rombo but they get nilled nearly every second half dont they????!?? How many times is it now???

Still haven't been so **** that we haven't scored any points. 

#32 allaboutbatley

allaboutbatley
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

yet also are no where near good enough to get into the top 6? and currently not in a playoff spot. If we lose every game until the end of the season we will still finish above dewsbury. :)

AAB_Small_500x67.jpg

#33 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Rombo maybe u should concentrate on dews but y would you when u already know u wont be in the same league as us next season .lmao

#34 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,955 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Oh Eddie. How old are you? About 5?

#35 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

I see Leigh have not paid their players for over a month!

I did like the look of their number 10...... I wonder if JK has his phone number? ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#36 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Oh Eddie. How old are you? About 5?

What a joker!

#37 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

It's one bad performance, after one of the toughest encounters you could imagine in the cup; holding a top SL side to just 13 points, it was half expected, you can't mix it at that level without some form of fallout afterwards, our lads have day jobs and no time to recover from that kind of punishment.

All teams will have "off day's", Leigh had one against Halifax, who put 60 past them, Fev had one against York and Halifax had one by the sounds of it yesterday at Fev. Even the totally unbeatable Sheffield had an off day losing to Whitehaven.

One thing is for certain from all the teams I've seen this year in this division, there are no "easy games", the previous easy winnable games have gone, Hunslet gave a good indication of that, the cumbrian sides are always tough, especially on there own patch, Donny were no mugs either. Yet they are all a long way away on the league table from the top 5. 

We are almost halfway through the season and we have only dropped 6 points. At the start of the campaign who'd have believed that was possible? I know I didn't, I'd have thought you were in cloud cuckoo land if you'd come up with that at the beginning of the season.

Edited by DOGFATHER, 29 April 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#38 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

What a joker!

Can't be any older than 14?

#39 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Some people cant be bothered staying on their own forum probably because it is so negative and boring
.This subsequently transfers to their team hence the pathetic displays this season.Problem solved.

#40 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Can't be any older than 14?

I thought the same about most of the fans you have got on here. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users