Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

'They call us Hornets

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

They  call  us  Hornets,  Hornets,  thats  what  we  are,

They  come  to  watch  us  from  near  and  far.

Hornets..Hornets..shout it aloud

HORNETS,  HORNETS, we  are  so proud.

That was the chorus  to  a very  old  song  that  the  team  produced  many  many  moons  ago.

Visiting  supporters  and  when  we  travel  away  call us Rochdale, but  to  us  locals  Rochdale  or  the Dale  is  the  football  team.

Rochdale  Hornets  to  all  us  locals  is  quite simply HORNETS!! 

So  could  some-one  please remind  the author  of  the  report  of  our  game  against  the Bulls, that  was  published  in  this  weeks  League  Express,  we  really  are  called  HORNETS  not  Rochdale.

I'm  pretty  sure  that  the  reporter  of  this  game  is  a  local  lad  that  ought  to know  better.

What  did  the  T-shirt  say,  HORNETS  since...........?

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#2 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

That was the chorus  to  a very  old  song  that  the  team  produced  many  many  moons  ago.

Visiting  supporters  and  when  we  travel  away  call us Rochdale, but  to  us  locals  Rochdale  or  the Dale  is  the  football  team.

So  could  some-one  please remind  the author  of  the  report  of  our  game  against  the Bulls, that  was  published  in  this  weeks  League  Express,  we  really  are  called  HORNETS  not  Rochdale.

I'm  pretty  sure  that  the  reporter  of  this  game  is  a  local  lad  that  ought  to know  better.

I was present in the Nest Bar when that song was recorded in 1977

Edited by Lakeside, 24 April 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#3 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

I was present in the Nest Bar when that song was recorded in 1977

I even bought a copy for er indoors. I dont think she played it though.

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#4 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

The legend kit man Billy King was even warbling, other backroom staff included Gerry Ogden and Les Brooks at the time, all of them gave tremendous service to the old Rochdale Hornets as did all their successors

#5 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Don't be saying things like that 'Pegleg' will be Deleting Your comments !  -_-

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#6 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

You will be getting a ban longer than Suarez

#7 The Collector

The Collector
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Just for the record, the reporter for League Express at the game was NOT a local lad.
Check your facts please!!

#8 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

You will be getting a ban longer than Suarez

What Patrice Evra did was a lot worse

MOCK2_2013042311250216.jpg

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#9 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Don't be saying things like that 'Pegleg' will be Deleting Your comments !  -_-

A pretty poor effort there Ghostbuster if it's an attempt to get me to edit your comments about my leg.  You obviously don't know me though as if you did you'd know that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

No, I'll leave it there to show how low you are willing to stoop eh?

Pugwash.

Edited by Pugwash, 27 April 2013 - 08:25 AM.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#10 Spotlandwatcher

Spotlandwatcher
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Selective post deletion. That's you all over Puggy.

#11 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

If I were in Pugwash's place I would long since have given up on this. Poor bloke can't win for losing.

I hope you realise that when he does decide he's had enough, the most likely outcome will be that you have to find a new place to vent your collective spleen, and you'll likely lose that in much shorter order.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#12 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Selective post deletion. That's you all over Puggy.

So today it's double standards to add to the Godwin's Law and good old playground name calling - I wonder what it will be tomorrow?

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#13 Spotlandwatcher

Spotlandwatcher
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

So today it's double standards to add to the Godwin's Law and good old playground name calling - I wonder what it will be tomorrow?

Pugwash.

Fairly sure that any reply that doesn't sit well with your preciousness will be deleted anyway so who knows if others are allowed to see a response to mr high and mighty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users