Like the news on Facebook

Retweet it on Twitter

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

"..................built to last forever."

Ozy(mandias) - look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

B) B)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

I think you could save some cash and forget the "crush barriers"! The crowds at dewsbury would struggle to crush a grape at the moment let alone each other although I am sure Eddie n Coolie will give it a go if you get my drift ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

I think you could save some cash and forget the "crush barriers"! The crowds at dewsbury would struggle to crush a grape at the moment let alone each other although I am sure Eddie n Coolie will give it a go if you get my drift ;)

How many fans did Batley have in their 'cup final' against the Giants? Must have been a lot from Huddersfield that came to watch the game. The point is Batley are playing extremely well at the moment whereas the Rams aren't. Yet, the Rams still get more supporters than you, get my drift!

#5 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Well done to those involved in getting the terrace sorted.

Am sure there will be a few on this Forum who won't like the colour, width of the steps, steepness of steps, the view etc.....

#6 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

"..................built to last forever."

Ozy(mandias) - look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

From a selfish point of view - as long as it lasts MY lifetime that'll be fine. ;) Once again a big thanks to everybody concerned with that project - especially

PB  (WR ?), the mystery donor and the others who have put so much into it. That ground improvements are on-going, helps to add an air of permanence to the club amid the general gloom that surrounds the game, and gives me reasonable hope that I'll be buying season tickets for a while yet. If the colour scheme is anything other than red, amber or black, I'll be writing a letter of complaint mind. :lol:   

B) B)

#7 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

BSJ - built to last forever is Journalistic Licence.  I think I said - built to last.

However, I think and hope that it wiil last for the rest of my life as well as those of BSJ & GOR - so as far as we

are all concerned that is forever.  After that it becomes someone else's problem.

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

BSJ - built to last forever is Journalistic Licence.  I think I said - built to last.

However, I think and hope that it wiil last for the rest of my life as well as those of BSJ & GOR - so as far as we

are all concerned that is forever.  After that it becomes someone else's problem.

:lol: :lol:

Well said WR.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Correct and were still averaging more than your muppets.You lot dont deserve a team at all never mind one at the moment in the top 3.At least our chairman isnt crawing to beg supporters because on those gates, the futures not orange at the mount.At least we can afford our team.Mind you when the local community buy your ground you will be alrite.

#10 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 681 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

what is mount Tali ?....

Correct and were still averaging more than your muppets.You lot dont deserve a team at all never mind one at the moment in the top 3.At least our chairman isnt crawing to beg supporters because on those gates, the futures not orange at the mount Tali..At least we can afford our team.Mind you when the local community buy your ground you will be alrite.

#11 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Well done to all concerned in making this project possible.I really believe that the more improvements done to the ground will show how a rugby club can be run right, take note most Super League teams.

#12 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

A story is no good without pictures

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

Yes I wouldnt mind a gander as we wont get to Dewsbury again this season unless you are unlucky enough to draw us in the NR cup. And if you are relegated it could be longer than that ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#14 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

If we are relegated it could be longer than you think .

#15 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

Yes I wouldnt mind a gander as we wont get to Dewsbury again this season unless you are unlucky enough to draw us in the NR cup. And if you are relegated it could be longer than that ;)

No pressure on GM and the team then.

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

If we are relegated it could be longer than you think .

I guess the development plans would be abandoned if this were the case. Is that right GFDU?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

I guess the development plans would be abandoned if this were the case. Is that right GFDU?

I would hope things would surely continue,the sale of the land around the ground is now at a advanced stage to make sure it positive for the club.The terracing behind the posts will be done in June.Lets make sure we see this to the finish please .

#18 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

I think I know what you are getting at in your subtle way. :rolleyes:

#19 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

I think I know what you are getting at in your subtle way. :rolleyes:

I'm about as subtle as Diana Dors I have been told!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#20 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

And about as pretty too I ve been told (sorry to rat you out GOR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users