Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tonights Evening Mail

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I'm surprised that there are no comments in the Mail tonight about most of the squad falling out with Holty and leaving. I reckon it's more lazy journalism of the press trawling this Forum for stories. This is the trouble when people constantly put rumours on here they are picked up. I know it's only a few supporters cause these rumours but the news does spread through the press to the many supporters who don't pick up the rumours from computers and take them as fact.

I suggest that everybody who leaves messages sticks to facts or leaves the information to the official Website and let the press pick up info from there.

Am I right or not.

Posted Image

#2 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

that would be nice but it wont happen, some people get off on winding others up. the trick is to use your own common sense to sort the wheat from the chaff

#3 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

I agree scrumhalf. We can,hopefully,do that but I'm thinking of the 'good weather' supporters.

Posted Image

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

I think the Mail is at fault here reporting on rumours and forum chat.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 bwa

bwa
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

I'm surprised that there are no comments in the Mail tonight about most of the squad falling out with Holty and leaving. I reckon it's more lazy journalism of the press trawling this Forum for stories. This is the trouble when people constantly put rumours on here they are picked up. I know it's only a few supporters cause these rumours but the news does spread through the press to the many supporters who don't pick up the rumours from computers and take them as fact.

I suggest that everybody who leaves messages sticks to facts or leaves the information to the official Website and let the press pick up info from there.

Am I right or not.

Michael,

The press should get their info from official sources such as the website or direct quotes from named players/persons.

Rumours should not be brought to press first and then questioned. Rumours are fine, it allows you to 'investigate' a potential story but if nothing comes from it then there is nothing to print. You could bring up a rumour about anything and make a non story out of it. Personally I see right through it and its pointless. It underestimates peoples intelligence I think!

#6 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Am I right or not.

This is a forum. Effectively, anything to do with barrow raiders cn be posted With no rumours getting posted what would we discuss??
Obviously the attendance at every London broncos game for one YAWN!!!

I like the rumours, there's usually something in what's mentioned on here, some seem to have no value, I mean Liam Campbell is not signed for haven yet as he.

As another point, holty saying the Swinton game is not must win, is he mental??? Or is he conceding defeat before we play them. I don't like that statement from him, it gives negative vibes. But saying that, it could be the mail doing what they do and twisting everything!

Tomorrow is must win!!!!!

#7 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

I would fully agree Bob  tomorrow is a must win.  looking at the remaining fixtures there is only a possible 4 wins IMO given the form so far.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#8 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

the players will know its a game that they have a really good chance of winning so is there any need for the coaches to heap even more pressure on them by saying that we must win this game to have a chance of staying in this league now that to me would be foolish.the coaches are there to take the ###### and whatever else comes along not the players. imagine if the back page of the mail was holty and atky sounding out we must win this game the players already know what needs to be done. 

#9 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

the players will know its a game that they have a really good chance of winning so is there any need for the coaches to heap even more pressure on them by saying that we must win this game to have a chance of staying in this league now that to me would be foolish.the coaches are there to take the ###### and whatever else comes along not the players. imagine if the back page of the mail was holty and atky sounding out we must win this game the players already know what needs to be done.

If we had won against Whitehaven and donny at home then we wouldn't be where we are in the league so the players should be feeling the pressure.

I would imagine the players would be more up for this game as they have a chance of winnin and of course getting the win bonus in the bank compared to playing fax or fev where they know they won't.

#10 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

the players will know its a game that they have a really good chance of winning so is there any need for the coaches to heap even more pressure on them by saying that we must win this game to have a chance of staying in this league now that to me would be foolish.the coaches are there to take the ###### and whatever else comes along not the players. imagine if the back page of the mail was holty and atky sounding out we must win this game the players already know what needs to be done. 

^^^ this ^^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users