Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Workington

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Is it such a big thing that players have to play 80minutes hardly outstanding

#22 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Is it such a big thing that players have to play 80minutes hardly outstanding

No but it helps like last week when after the hooter had gone and Haven throwing the ball along the line to try and score and two Town props got across and stopped the Haven winger scoring in the corner.    Pity some Haven players couldn't do 20 minutes never mind 80!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#23 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

No but it helps like last week when after the hooter had gone and Haven throwing the ball along the line to try and score and two Town props got across and stopped the Haven winger scoring in the corner. Pity some Haven players couldn't do 20 minutes never mind 80!!!!

old news that marra like our heavy wins against you not too long ago.

#24 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

No but it helps like last week when after the hooter had gone and Haven throwing the ball along the line to try and score and two Town props got across and stopped the Haven winger scoring in the corner.    Pity some Haven players couldn't do 20 minutes never mind 80!!!!

as normal town fans happy to air their opinions on how bad they think certain haven players are,but very quiet about lupton who has done nothing since signing for them ,or dowes who again has done very little despite big words when signing.No doubt there due for another change of mind on DR soon again when ever they decide to play briscoe.Listening to them you would think they were above us.You worry about your own players keith

Edited by haven4ever, 27 April 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#25 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

as normal town fans happy to air their opinions on how bad they think certain haven players are,but very quiet about lupton who has done nothing since signing for them ,or dowes who again has done very little despite big words when signing.No doubt there due for another change of mind on DR soon again when ever they decide to play briscoe.Listening to them you would think they were above us.You worry about your own players keith

I think you will find Lupton has been good this year. And dowes yes his attack might not be as good as it use to be but he's defence is awesome but you wouldn't no that cause you pack is a strong as a pack of smarties

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

I thought this was the forum for the Bulldogs to slag off the Rams rather than the jammies avin a pop at each other!

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#27 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

I thought this was the forum for the Bulldogs to slag off the Rams rather than the jammies avin a pop at each other!

Your playing well...... for now!

#28 pora pora

pora pora
  • Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

should be a easy win they,ve got sl players that cant perform unless they play us one match wonders

#29 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Your playing well...... for now!

We've been playing well for about as long as you have been playing poor..............and long may it continue :)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#30 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Is this now a Whitehaven, Workington and Batley forum? Go and argue on your own forums!

#31 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

should be a easy win they,ve got sl players that cant perform unless they play us one match wonders

Dont you mean SEVEN match wonders ;)

#32 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

We've been playing well for about as long as you have been playing poor..............and long may it continue :)

And still nowt to show for it.

#33 sadram

sadram
  • Coach
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

i predict an easy win for the rams 36- 10.
Posted Image

#34 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

depends what team he puts out, Tebb not playing and Brown on the bench..............bet Pryce is starting though

#35 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

If Tebb not playing Wright still out injured Spaven no longer at the club who is the hooker pairing going to be I wonder?

#36 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

16-6 ht
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#37 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

FT:   Rams 16 - Town 18.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#38 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Once again we have been nilled in the second half.Frankly if we were playing a top 5 team we would have been blown away.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#39 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Once again we have been nilled in the second half.Frankly if we were playing a top 5 team we would have been blown away.

or if town hadn't made so many handling errors you would have been blown away too. You have to give us some credit. Dews is a tough place to go to and our away form hasn't been great.

Edited by town4me, 28 April 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#40 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Bitterly disappointed at how we gave away that last try at the end.Thought we where going to sneak a win out of this game,which would had been a lucky win if we could had held on.Fighting to keep out of the bottom two now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users