Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Workington

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#81 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Batley fans expect to be in super league ??? What a plonker you are, yes we were poor yesterday but we'll bounce back, will you, 5 straight defeats , think not.

It was a figure of speech.... I half expected the type of person to not actually get that - To be the type of person that threw insults around on a whim ;)

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#82 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

That's rich from Mr No Show :lol:

You don't know how many games I've been to you plank

#83 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

where to start

you have a team struggling at the moment, confidence rock bottom, what do you do, you put the only player who has given 100% every game on the bench, what a confidence boost that will give him.

MUST have a settled half back pair for at least 3 games, let them get used to each others game.

Thought Hepworth was man of the match and should be captain.

our forwards are poor, not doing the hard work and giving the backs a platform to launch attacks.

Why not try Pryce at loose, Craven back to full back, Brown at stand off,Coleman at scrum half.

Agree with splitting Lillycrop and Aizue but who do we play along side them.

Thought Walshaw had a decent game as well.

We have the players to succeed if used correctly.

Hopefully ...........THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER................

support the team and try to help build their confidence back up.

I'd play;

1. PRYCE

2. MORTON

3. WATKINSON

4. COSGROVE

5. BUCHANAN

6. BROWN

7. COLEMAN

8. LILLYCROP

9. O'BRIEN 

10. BEN JONES (when fit)

11. SPICER

12. HEPWORTH (captain)

13. DONALDSON

Subs

14. CRAVEN

15. HYDE

16. WALSHAW

17. AIZUE

Still in need of another prop as Spiers ain't up to this level. 

#84 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

good looking team, wouldn't argue with most of that apart from Wilshaw, think he should start

#85 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

good looking team, wouldn't argue with most of that apart from Wilshaw, think he should start

Have to start with Spicer and Hepworth, that's why I put Walshaw on the bench. 

#86 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Looks a very good side.

My other suggestion would be for GM to stand on the side of the pitch by the dugout, so he will be in a better place to encourage the players, gee them up etc... Which is what they need more than anything. And maybe wear a shirt and tie rather than wearing a track suit sitting with the non-selected players.

#87 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Looks a very good side.

My other suggestion would be for GM to stand on the side of the pitch by the dugout, so he will be in a better place to encourage the players, gee them up etc... Which is what they need more than anything. And maybe wear a shirt and tie rather than wearing a track suit sitting with the non-selected players.

I think he needs to be sat in the stand so he can have a better view of the action. Hepworth being captain would be great as he's a no nonsense forward that never takes a step backwards. He'd gee the lads up. 

#88 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

That's rich from Mr No Show :lol:

Eddie no show??? At a home match? What!

#89 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Eddie no show??? At a home match? What!

Had the day off from work so I was able to attend the game. And yes I said 'work' I know its considered a swear word in Batley. 

#90 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

There seems to be new players in the team every week. I can't keep track. It is similar to when Jowitt was here. Surely  a settled side has a better chance of success?    When you look at Batley for example, its more or less the same names every week in the team and they have had some consistancy with it.

#91 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

There seems to be new players in the team every week. I can't keep track. It is similar to when Jowitt was here. Surely  a settled side has a better chance of success?    When you look at Batley for example, its more or less the same names every week in the team and they have had some consistancy with it.

I count 32 lads that have played for the Rams so far this year!

Akaidere, Aizue, Beckett, Brown, Buchanan, Coleman, Cosgrove, Craven, Donaldson, Esposito, Gallagher, Goulding, Hale, Hepworth, Hyde, Johnston, Jones, Lillycrop, Morton, Nash, O'Brien, Pryce, Schofield, Scott, Spaven, Spicer, Spiers, Tebb, Tonks, Walshaw, Watkinson, Wright.

Have I missed any?

#92 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Correct me if im wrong...but

wasnt it stated that when coleman signed
the team was to be built around him ?

that quickly changed didnt it...

#93 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Correct me if im wrong...but

wasnt it stated that when coleman signed
the team was to be built around him ?

that quickly changed didnt it...

I heard that too.

#94 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

Like you said you wasn't there so how can you have an opinion. 

cause he has an opinion on everything but its usually the wrong one

according to this joker

haven  only beat

york cause they are poor(but they spanked them)

cougars cause they had no DR players at the time

eagles because of a short turn around and them having to travel up here on bank holiday monday

and a struggling Donny team( a team who they only manage to score 1 try against in the last minute)

still waiting for his reason why we beat barrow...let me guess cause they are a poor side

just ignore him

#95 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

I'd play;

1. PRYCE

2. MORTON

3. WATKINSON

4. COSGROVE

5. BUCHANAN

6. BROWN

7. COLEMAN

8. LILLYCROP

9. O'BRIEN 

10. BEN JONES (when fit)

11. SPICER

12. HEPWORTH (captain)

13. DONALDSON

Subs

14. CRAVEN

15. HYDE

16. WALSHAW

17. AIZUE

Still in need of another prop as Spiers ain't up to this level. 

Neither is Donaldson on what I've seen - certainly not big enough or aggressive enough for SL. Apart from O'Brien we should forget the DR's.

#96 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

Neither is Donaldson on what I've seen - certainly not big enough or aggressive enough for SL. Apart from O'Brien we should forget the DR's.

I'd agree with that, and I'd find room for Tebb in the 17.

We also need a plan for who kicks where, when and how, although I'm sure they are instructed in such by the coach beforehand. Some of the kicking towards their in goal on Sunday was absolutely dire.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#97 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

cause he has an opinion on everything but its usually the wrong one
according to this joker
haven only beat
york cause they are poor(but they spanked them)
cougars cause they had no DR players at the time
eagles because of a short turn around and them having to travel up here on bank holiday monday
and a struggling Donny team( a team who they only manage to score 1 try against in the last minute)

still waiting for his reason why we beat barrow...let me guess cause they are a poor side

just ignore him

its alive!

#98 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

We need a settled team lads cant be turning up last minute expecting to play in one position and then switched.Craven aint a winger,its K.P that is posing a problem.The lad didnt play bad though and is starting to get involved more but if he aint going to be played at second row or centre.Put him on the wing and cravo to fb and the one player thats proving that he can hold his place Brown needs to start.i think j Y and brownys been the best half partnership so far.BUT ITS EASY TO BE A TERRACE COACH.

#99 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

I am very disappointed with the rugby being played at the moment. We just aren't improving and this is down to many areas in my opinion. Firstly, our defence is poor and we do not tackle as we practice in the warm-up. This being 3 in the tackle and 1 man around the legs. Then there is the constant changing of the team and the in and out of the dual reg players. A team isn't going to gel swapping and changing it, this was proven with Jowett. Playing people out of position is also a no-no, especially Craven on the wing. we all know we are a first half team also, we cannot score in the second half and this isn't good enough. We don't have any penetration and yet again this season our kicking game is zero. At the beginning of the season i was worried with how many youngsters with no experience we signed, and this is showing every week. On the subject of Karl Pryce. If he was a half decent player he wouldn't be playing for us would he! We are expecting too much from him, but i do agree he shouldn't be wearing the shirt. He was jogging in when he was taking the ball in on Sunday. It is time to make a change before it is too late. We don't want to be playing Hemel next season.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#100 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

I am very disappointed with the rugby being played at the moment. We just aren't improving and this is down to many areas in my opinion. Firstly, our defence is poor and we do not tackle as we practice in the warm-up. This being 3 in the tackle and 1 man around the legs. Then there is the constant changing of the team and the in and out of the dual reg players. A team isn't going to gel swapping and changing it, this was proven with Jowett. Playing people out of position is also a no-no, especially Craven on the wing. we all know we are a first half team also, we cannot score in the second half and this isn't good enough. We don't have any penetration and yet again this season our kicking game is zero. At the beginning of the season i was worried with how many youngsters with no experience we signed, and this is showing every week. On the subject of Karl Pryce. If he was a half decent player he wouldn't be playing for us would he! We are expecting too much from him, but i do agree he shouldn't be wearing the shirt. He was jogging in when he was taking the ball in on Sunday. It is time to make a change before it is too late. We don't want to be playing Hemel next season.

I agree with everything you have said, but Morrison is new to all this too. Especially the pressure of "Must Win Games"

With hindsight, the experience of Broadbent may have been worthwhile

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users