TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Workington

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#101 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

I am very disappointed with the rugby being played at the moment. We just aren't improving and this is down to many areas in my opinion. Firstly, our defence is poor and we do not tackle as we practice in the warm-up. This being 3 in the tackle and 1 man around the legs. Then there is the constant changing of the team and the in and out of the dual reg players. A team isn't going to gel swapping and changing it, this was proven with Jowett. Playing people out of position is also a no-no, especially Craven on the wing. we all know we are a first half team also, we cannot score in the second half and this isn't good enough. We don't have any penetration and yet again this season our kicking game is zero. At the beginning of the season i was worried with how many youngsters with no experience we signed, and this is showing every week. On the subject of Karl Pryce. If he was a half decent player he wouldn't be playing for us would he! We are expecting too much from him, but i do agree he shouldn't be wearing the shirt. He was jogging in when he was taking the ball in on Sunday. It is time to make a change before it is too late. We don't want to be playing Hemel next season.

Unless I'm misunderstanding GFDU's dire prognostications, we wont be.  :(

#102 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Think we should be in no doubt that relegation would be a financial catastrophe, but don't think we will be relegated.

#103 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

Well we need a leader to lead the lads around the field and to give them a bollocking when needed. But most of all to encourage the younger lads and to inspire them to play to their strengths. Relegation is unthinkable, I do believe we will turn things around hopefully soon

#104 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,752 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Unless I'm misunderstanding GFDU's dire prognostications, we wont be.  :(

Unless they get promoted that is!

:)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#105 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Who are the bookies favoritte for relegation? If Leigh go into administration what s the penalty is it 9 points?

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#106 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Doesn't this happen to Leigh every few years,think.its nine points they would lose,but they will still stop in the championship,then get some more money up front from the Rugby Football League like last time and carry on as normal.

#107 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

Doesn't this happen to Leigh every few years,think.its nine points they would lose,but they will still stop in the championship,then get some more money up front from the Rugby Football League like last time and carry on as normal.

Yet Barrow got deducted points and relegated from the Championship  :rolleyes:

#108 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Barrow were relegated as a result of other issues centering on the former Chaiman
and the methods he used to run the club finances. These were made public by a
former player.

#109 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

There seems to be new players in the team every week. I can't keep track. It is similar to when Jowitt was here. Surely  a settled side has a better chance of success?    When you look at Batley for example, its more or less the same names every week in the team and they have had some consistancy with it.

To be fair we cant really compare with the Doggies.  If GM had a winning team I suspect it would also be a settled team.  Once you start to loose its human nature to start tinkering and if he put the same team out week in, week out and we kept loosing we would all have something to say..  Perhaps the level of tinkering might be extreme and certainly tinkering that leaves Aaron Brown on the bench is hard to fathom.  As far as Im concerened he is the best half back prospect we have had since franny and benching him is senseless.

I think he's also between a rock and a hard place with the DR boys.  Im not in favour, never was, but I would have O'Brien in the team as often as possible and I  might be wrong, but didnt our downturn coincide with the spell when he went back to Bradford.  All in all its no easy job when you start loosing and lets hope he can turn ot around soon.

#110 bov

bov
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

the tide turned when ryan wright got injured not won a game since.he used to organize everything and tackle for fun.

#111 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

To be fair we cant really compare with the Doggies.

Ahh my missionary work is complete at last and the rams fans now realise their place in this world and the next! Tomorrow I think I will create a new species of beetle ho hum :)

#112 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,752 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ahh my missionary work is complete at last and the rams fans now realise their place in this world and the next! Tomorrow I think I will create a new species of beetle ho hum :)

So you will now be departing this board PM, or will you just keep on and on like a Doggie Mother Teresa?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#113 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Would I disapoint all my fans in loosebury land...... I think not ;)

#114 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

the tide turned when ryan wright got injured not won a game since.he used to organize everything and tackle for fun.

How long until he's back?

#115 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

Who is injured? Who knows, didnt know Buchanan was out for a month, has Brad Watkinson left the club? Is Matthew Tebb injured or dropped? Who knows, think the club has reverted to telling the fans nothing as it seems to be too much effort and then they wonder why crowds are dwindling and fans lose interest.

40th Anniversary of winning the Championship? Is it on the website, are the club trying to sell any tickets, are the club actually wanting it to be a success and make some money over the bar? Apparently not.

If the club cannot be bothered, it is little surprise fans lose interest.

#116 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

Theres a lot not right at the moment, and for the first time in years I no longer feel I'm missing out or guilty for not attending home games and some away games to get behind the lads.

For several reasons this time myself and my wife chose not to renew our season tickets. (The club by the way are doing very nicely from our decision so far as yet we have only missed 1 home game, thus paying full gate price). On Sunday as the second half progressed the outcome and how it happened could have been written at 3pm. True to form Nil pois in the second period and Town snatching the win late on. Coupled with a poor kicking game why should I and all others be subjected to such a poor display of rugby week in week out without signs of improvement. Can those concerned be bothered? The current repetitive script would suggest not.

So I totally agree WR we are bound to loose interest.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#117 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,752 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

Who is injured? Who knows, didnt know Buchanan was out for a month, has Brad Watkinson left the club? Is Matthew Tebb injured or dropped? Who knows, think the club has reverted to telling the fans nothing as it seems to be too much effort and then they wonder why crowds are dwindling and fans lose interest.

40th Anniversary of winning the Championship? Is it on the website, are the club trying to sell any tickets, are the club actually wanting it to be a success and make some money over the bar? Apparently not.

This should be a very worrying message for those running the club. Does anyone from the club, other than the unofficial factotum GFDU, actually read/monitor this forum?

Fans need a regular feed of information/encouragement to convince them that they are actually valued by the club. I do recall the comments made many years ago and under a completely different regime that the club just sees us as "walking five pound notes". I certainly need convincing that we aren't returning to that mentallity once more.

:(

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#118 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

This should be a very worrying message for those running the club. Does anyone from the club, other than the unofficial factotum GFDU, actually read/monitor this forum?

Fans need a regular feed of information/encouragement to convince them that they are actually valued by the club. I do recall the comments made many years ago and under a completely different regime that the club just sees us as "walking five pound notes". I certainly need convincing that we aren't returning to that mentallity once more.

:(

There seems to be a collection of irritating but nonetheless minor issues developing - and if we are being honest, if we were winning games and flying high, I doubt those issues would have surfaced - you can put up with a lot when you're happy. I would, though, ask those fans who are considering withdrawing their support on a point of principal or taking the "if they can't be bothered why should I" stance, to hold fire and bear with the club through our current rough patch. To do anything else would be a slap in the face for those supporters who are still putting the effort into improving our lot, such as WR and the amber ribbon contingent. I don't want to even consider life without my sunday afternoon fix of rugby with the rams (even if it is an uncomfortable one at the moment), but if we fans lose faith, then how long will it be before MS decides "if they can't be bothered why should I".

#119 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

I think alot of fans also get frustrated how we pay fulltime staff money and not one of them promotes the club getting sponsors in and trying to get bums on seats and never have done so whats the point wasting money there and then winging about finaces to us loyal fans??...  we  also have tony scargill who loses us sponsorship because hes a #####!!!!!( this is true)  yet while we pay these staff wages we should really appoint someone commercaialy whos guna promote the club and get bums on seats! have we ever done this?? poor business IMO.. yet still GFDU comes on here acting all negative and sends out a poor vibe that we may aswel all give up anyway if we go down! and then to top it off marks in the paper every other week being doom n gloom too basically asking more from fans but for what we offer on the pitch im suprised we get the fan base we do!! ONLY WAY TO GET FANS ONSIDE OR BACK ONSIDE IS NOT BY BEING DOOM AND GLOOM ALLTIME, especially when people are putting in hard work, loyal fans like wilsden ram, roger the ram and the guys who started the amber ribbon must think why bother when chairman and GFDU are being so negative yet they aint doing enough themselves to get us better off the field... because bottom line is marks wasting money on some staff whos wage could be better spent elsewhere!! THATS NOT JUST ME WHO THINKS ALL THIS.... everyone thinks same! im just telling club as it is! because i love the club!

We play very borin rugby and plenty are losing interest and also noticable is fans who used to come every week now not bothering attending home matches.

HOW TO IMPROVE AND GET FANS ON SIDE and get more income in are simple though!!!!

1...  START GETTING GLEN TO SORT US OUT!!

2... START APPOINTING STAFF WHO WILL TAKE US FORWARD RATHER THAN DOING JUST BASIC SIMPLE EVERYDAY STUFF

Once these get sorted crowds will increase and the club will have the buzz back!!

No offence to batley but drewsbury get 200 more fans income pergame, pay very little win pay , have income from functions and carboots yet were in this mess?

HOW?? We should be better than likes of hunslet swinton batley keighley york workington haven ect on the field and off but are we??

#120 Ossy

Ossy
  • Coach
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

Sorry to say that I agree with a lot of what is being written here. Sheila and I might be back with the South Stand faithful when we're at home, but we're not doing the away games these days, and certainly won't be making tonight's trip to Sheffield.

Guess I'm just getting suspicious of some of the decisions made by the RFL lately, that and Harry Gration's comment on the local news a while ago, the one about 'good news for Halifax, Batley and Featherstone' though he went on to mention that he couldn't say any more at the moment! Then we have Lee Briers helping Swinton to victory last night. With every season the game at our level has been sacrificed for the continued survival of Super League. Bad decisions are being made - Salford v Cas for example. Does anyone really believe that Salford didn't know they had too many players on the pitch, and what are the powers that be going to do about it?

Okay, so I'm getting negative about the game I've loved for so many years, but if the supporters can't speak their minds what else can they do? I could always follow my local Rugby Union side Baildon on their trip to Twickenham this weekend, after all I also played for them when I was a lad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users