EQUALITY IN THE GAME

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Wow, I am new to using the Total RL forum and started the post in the hope I could gain opinion on the RFL's investment into established clubs based on the Boots n All segment on Canalsiders. I am astonished it has gained so much debate. The simple truth is we sould always promote equality, whether it is race or sexuality, who cares! The more we have playing league the better, however, there is an issue still surrounding the fundemental aim or objective the RFL have; is it to increase participation at junior or senior or is it to improve, support and fund established clubs in the hope of promoting a better player pool in which we can have a stronger professional and international setup?

We will never compete with footballl, forget it, we will never change opinion in the south, forget it, we will never have devolved nations who have league as a main sport, forget it, but we will always have a strong northern and midlands participation.  So support your Rochdale's, Dudley Hills and Wigan St Patricks as this is where the future lies!

We have changed opinion in the South and the Midlands and the North East and Scotland, Wales and Ireland. One of the champion schools teams this last season was Howard of Effingham school from London who beat a Castleford team in the final and a Welsh schools team has won in the past also.

There is a wide spread of Rl clubs in London, the Midlands, the North east and the South West, North and South Wales.

Just because the media ignore it does not mean there is no attitude and opinion changing going on in significant non original heartland areas of the UK.

#42 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

Wow, I am new to using the Total RL forum and started the post in the hope I could gain opinion on the RFL's investment into established clubs based on the Boots n All segment on Canalsiders. I am astonished it has gained so much debate. The simple truth is we sould always promote equality, whether it is race or sexuality, who cares! The more we have playing league the better, however, there is an issue still surrounding the fundemental aim or objective the RFL have; is it to increase participation at junior or senior or is it to improve, support and fund established clubs in the hope of promoting a better player pool in which we can have a stronger professional and international setup?

We will never compete with footballl, forget it, we will never change opinion in the south, forget it, we will never have devolved nations who have league as a main sport, forget it, but we will always have a strong northern and midlands participation. So support your Rochdale's, Dudley Hills and Wigan St Patricks as this is where the future lies!

And again...

what investment by the RFL in Canalsiders?

The east Manchester facilities are not RFL funded. The development officers at the sessions are SCR Foundation staff.

Things happen in RL without the RFL doing it! Celebrate it. The idea that everything that happens in the game is in some way done by the RFL and that by it taking place, some other part of the game is in some way losing out is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

Edited by mmp, 28 April 2013 - 07:54 AM.

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#43 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

We will never compete with footballl, forget it, we will never change opinion in the south, forget it, we will never have devolved nations who have league as a main sport, forget it, but we will always have a strong northern and midlands participation.  So support your Rochdale's, Dudley Hills and Wigan St Patricks as this is where the future lies!

I don't think the RFL invested a penny in Canalsiders. They just allowed them to play RL.

The Midlands in no more a traditional home of RL than London is.

#44 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Third game of the first Ashed tour took place here. First in London and second in North East.

Edited by MidlandsRugbyLeague, 28 April 2013 - 09:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users