Photo
- - - - -

London Broncos confirm date change for their 5th round (v Bradford) Challenge Cup tie

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

It was a 3pm kick off too by all accounts.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#42 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Army v Navy was on Saturday I believe, dunno what crowd it got though.

Fair enough, was not aware of that match.

No idea then!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#43 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Unless they anticipated the vastly higher number of away support Bradford would bring as opposed to St Helens...

:lol:

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#44 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,464 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

It was a 3pm kick off too by all accounts.

Broncos started at 1pm.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#45 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Broncos started at 1pm.

Aye, enough of an overlap though IMO. I can't quite grasp how this weekend gone was ok but the Cup weekend isn't. Even after the official statements from the coppers and suchlike.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#46 dhw

dhw
  • Coach
  • 683 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Most "working" Londoners use the tube.

Btw I use the tube and train to get to work, and often use the bus at weekends

No most "working" Londoners do not use the tube on a regular basis, that is opinion is derived from TFL statistics. There are twice as many bus journeys in London than there are tube journeys. There are 8.5 million residents in London, working age population is 5.5 million. There is no way most working Londoners use the tube on a regular basis based on the number of passenger journeys. THis is before you take into account London has 1 million commuters daily from outside London and 10 million visitors a year.

What you mean is (along with Goldcoaster)  "I use the tube so most other people use the tube". Which does not stand up to reason, logic and ignores the available statistics which indicate otherwise.

#47 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Aye, enough of an overlap though IMO. I can't quite grasp how this weekend gone was ok but the Cup weekend isn't. Even after the official statements from the coppers and suchlike.

Presumably because of the advance notice? They would have known about the league clashing with the army/navy game for months, barely 3 weeks notice for the cup game is harder to manage I imagine

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#48 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Presumably because of the advance notice? They would have known about the league clashing with the army/navy game for months, barely 3 weeks notice for the cup game is harder to manage I imagine

Also, I read something earlier about the Army/Navy game having ridiculously high security, so the increased police presence would have easily absorbed a couple of thousand people at the stoop

#49 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Fairdoos. Right, onto the next anti-Bradford RFL conspiracy.

(Lil bro made it on to RLMeltdown today!)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#50 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

No most "working" Londoners do not use the tube on a regular basis, that is opinion is derived from TFL statistics. There are twice as many bus journeys in London than there are tube journeys. There are 8.5 million residents in London, working age population is 5.5 million. There is no way most working Londoners use the tube on a regular basis based on the number of passenger journeys. THis is before you take into account London has 1 million commuters daily from outside London and 10 million visitors a year.

What you mean is (along with Goldcoaster)  "I use the tube so most other people use the tube". Which does not stand up to reason, logic and ignores the available statistics which indicate otherwise.

For the 'Tube' obsessed  - http://www.telegraph...Tube-facts.html

* 137 is now out of date - 4.17 million journeys made 9 December 2012. The week ending Saturday 10 December was also a record-breaker, with a new weekly high of 24.9 million people using the Tube

Edited by Manx RL, 30 April 2013 - 01:05 PM.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users