Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Nicklas becomes a permanent Knight

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

like everything else there will be a clause that only benefits SL clubs.probably get to see kr kids in a friendly

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#22 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

You mean no money was paid by a Super League club with all their wealth for a player who was under contract? Lovely stuff....

If we didn't get owt for Tom Lineham, I doubt we'll get owt for anyone.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#23 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

If we didn't get owt for Tom Lineham, I doubt we'll get owt for anyone.

You mean we didn't get anything for Tom Lineham, a player the Knights spotted and developed? The games gone crazy

#24 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

we got a friendly against hull kids and we get to keep thier fringe players fit !!!!!!!!!!

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#25 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Really p****d off about this to be honest, it was only two minutes ago we were saying what a great half back pairing we had for the rest of the season, and now off he goes without a backward glace. Though I am sure that as per previous seasons there will have been a clause in his contract to say he could leave if a SL club came for him, it just causes even more instability when we need all the fit players we can get.

#26 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Seems he wasn't actually signed.

Gary Thornton gives his view...

http://www.yorkpress...tch_to_Hull_KR/

Feel free to comment on the Press site as well as on here. (In other words PLEASE leave comments on the Press site under Knights stories, thanks.)

#27 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

If it was up to me (sadly it isn't), I'd be taking a contract over to France for Eloni Vunakece to get him over here. A go forward prop like him would make a world of difference to the halfbacks we've already got.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#28 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

If it was up to me (sadly it isn't), I'd be taking a contract over to France for Eloni Vunakece to get him over here. A go forward prop like him would make a world of difference to the halfbacks we've already got.

Simon,

Very good call on this player, bet there's a few English clubs who are aware of his talents, wonder what he does for a profession though as no doubt his rugby earnings are only a secondary income so would need a job as well as a contract, maybe he's a printer !
Posted Image

#29 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Seems he wasn't actually signed.
Gary Thornton gives his view...

http://www.yorkpress...tch_to_Hull_KR/

Feel free to comment on the Press site as well as on here. (In other words PLEASE leave comments on the Press site under Knights stories, thanks.)

Peter,
What can we really add ?
Been here so many times with this club ! A mercenary player getting best deal he can, perhaps using us to keep fit, his agent just after the cash, a SL club pillaging young talent, our club never had a signature on paper even though they announced the signing, so we have no commercial recourse on anyone, only losers ? Us paying fans again, promises, promises, actually our club is a shambles at times. At least we now know why Nicklas didn't have the impact he should have....head and heart not in it, I really hope after a couple of 'off games' that his No.6 partner hasn't already got his eye on next season and knows where he's playing......I fear that he does.
Posted Image

#30 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Simon,

Very good call on this player, bet there's a few English clubs who are aware of his talents, wonder what he does for a profession though as no doubt his rugby earnings are only a secondary income so would need a job as well as a contract, maybe he's a printer !

He's a TV extra.  EMMERDALE !!!!

#31 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

He's a TV extra.  EMMERDALE !!!!

Andy

Are you joking ? A TV extra, what part does he play in Emmerdale?.............. A Tree ?
Posted Image

#32 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Hows he gonna get a game in front of Dobson and Burns ?? He was nowt special against us like i said after the game. I feel for you lads, the game is slowly dying due to the have,s and the have nots, it happened to us with Kyle Briggs a few years ago.

One man to blame for this mess in nearly all pro sport, a little known french,belgium footballer called Jean Marc Bosman, hes ruined it for the smaller clubs.

Posted Image

#33 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

Bad news all round for me, we need to strengthen asap to consolidate in this league, Spaven would

be a good call, also Tom Hemmingway....

#34 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Simon,

Aren't Toulouse a full time team now?

Also, the game isn't dying, it's stagnated because of SL licencing. Come 2015, every thing will change and all clubs will have more money.

#35 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Sandercock: "I'll wait and see how Danny Nicklas does in training before considering signing him"

There's a moral to this story somewhere...

Posted Image

#36 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

When did he say that? My shadow self hopes it was after the announcement...

#37 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

When did he say that? My shadow self hopes it was after the announcement...

Yesterday apparently...

Posted Image

#38 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yesterday apparently...

Well, My Shadow Self is expectant of no contract for Tansey II ...

#39 tanghaller

tanghaller
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

Funny how KR have send him out to Gateshead on DR

#40 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Funny how KR have send him out to Gateshead on DR