RLWC2013 kick-off times announced

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

So who has been buying tickets since the timings were announced.Looking very much like a full house for the Final and the Wembley games,would say 35/40,000 be a good achievement/target for Cardiff?

#22 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,703 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

So who has been buying tickets since the timings were announced.Looking very much like a full house for the Final and the Wembley games,would say 35/40,000 be a good achievement/target for Cardiff?

They keep mentioning a sellout for Cardiff which would be brilliant and quite a few sections are open now.
Ill be buying tickets for that soon although Im finding transport there a pain.

#23 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

4 hours between kickoffs would only leave 2 hours to get between grounds.

2 hours between kickoffs means that clubs could show the other match on the big screen before/after their own match, perhaps?

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#24 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

I've have 4 tickets to 20 out of the 28 games in total.

I also have hotel rooms booked in Cardiff, Chester, Wigan, Wembley and Manchester.

Bring. It. On.

Posted Image

#25 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Yay, daytime games!!

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#26 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,703 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

I've have 4 tickets to 20 out of the 28 games in total.

I also have hotel rooms booked in Cardiff, Chester, Wigan, Wembley and Manchester.

Bring. It. On.

Due to a schoolboy error by me (proposing and therefore having a wedding to pay for) I won't be able to attend half as many games as I wanted to, however I'm still planning Cardiff, Wembley and Old Trafford trips - can't wait!

#27 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Due to a schoolboy error by me (proposing and therefore having a wedding to pay for) I won't be able to attend half as many games as I wanted to, however I'm still planning Cardiff, Wembley and Old Trafford trips - can't wait!

World Cup Honeymoon?

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#28 slowdive

slowdive
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

i'd be really disappointed if they only got that. The capacity is about 75000 so if the ground is only half full I think it wouldn't look great on tv.
"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

#29 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,703 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

World Cup Honeymoon?

:D  Unfortunately the wedding won;t have happened by then (but the saving will be in full flow!). Shame as she was really looking forward to following the World Cup, particularly Scotland. We'll have to see what happens I suppose!

#30 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,647 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

i'd be really disappointed if they only got that. The capacity is about 75000 so if the ground is only half full I think it wouldn't look great on tv.

No, they just won't open the top tiers, so the crowds in camera shot will look pretty good.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#31 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,703 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

No, they just won't open the top tiers, so the crowds in camera shot will look pretty good.

Top tiers already opened - certain sections

#32 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Top tiers already opened - certain sections

Hopefully the sections opposite the main cameras :D

#33 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

World Cup Honeymoon?

We met a couple in 2008 who were following England in the World Cup for their honeymoon, but I suppose Townville, Sydney & Melbourne in October have a fraction more appeal than Hull & Huddersfield.

#34 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

I ain't watching it on TV . Gotta be there 21 games booked and paid for now.  Roll on October :D

#35 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,817 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

We met a couple in 2008 who were following England in the World Cup for their honeymoon, but I suppose Townville, Sydney & Melbourne in October have a fraction more appeal than Hull & Huddersfield.

Oh I don't know, you can't beat Workington on a Tuesday night in November.

#36 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Oh I don't know, you can't beat Workington on a Tuesday night in November.

I remember going there for the 2000 World Cup. Lashed down with rain all the way there and back. Best bit was seeing the two teams doing the haka. One team did it, then the other responded,then the first team had another go. Wasn't sure there was going to be time to fit a game in as well!

#37 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

I ain't watching it on TV . Gotta be there 21 games booked and paid for now.  Roll on October :D

Flippin eck!  You a rich dude then?!

#38 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Does anyone know whether it's possible to be able to watch both Games #18 and #19??

I know of the Milford to Rosslare ferry but then I'd have to either get the train Rosslare-Dublin-Limerick Junction-Limerick which takes around 8 hours, or try to go from Rosslare to Waterford (by bus I presume) then Waterford to Limerick which I think is around 3 hours.

I would very much like to see both matches.

Anyone planning to go Limerick?

Edited by ShotgunGold, 30 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#39 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,609 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

why not Holyhead- Dublin?

#40 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Because I live in south wales :D

I've since had a little look and I think it's pretty much impossible to be honest... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users