Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

RLWC2013 kick-off times announced

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

I have the same wedding problem (?) as Dave but am looking forward to the big games none the same. Hope there are 30000 like us and we can sell these big games out. I also hope the dodgy SL crowds we are seeing are because folk are saving up for the World Cup at the end of the year.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#42 brooza

brooza
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

I have the same wedding problem (?) as Dave but am looking forward to the big games none the same. Hope there are 30000 like us and we can sell these big games out. I also hope the dodgy SL crowds we are seeing are because folk are saving up for the World Cup at the end of the year.

It's why I haven't been to a match this season. I'd usually have made it to a couple by now

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#43 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

I remember going there for the 2000 World Cup. Lashed down with rain all the way there and back. Best bit was seeing the two teams doing the haka. One team did it, then the other responded,then the first team had another go. Wasn't sure there was going to be time to fit a game in as well!

Samoa v NZ Maori, cracking game that given the conditions, the players would have been better off with flippers than boots that night.

#44 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,239 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

It's why I haven't been to a match this season. I'd usually have made it to a couple by now

same here. also means i'll be missing only my 2nd magic weekend.

#45 steveparker007

steveparker007
  • Twitter
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

The Football fixtures for next season are due out on June 19th. 

Once the fixtures are known i will know which weekends my team are away and therefore when i am free to attend some World Cup games. This will be when i buy some tickets, not before.

There must be many (hundreds maybe) season tickets holders at Football clubs that like myself also follow RL and are in the same position.

Until we know the Football fixtures we can't commit to buying tickets.

Point i am getting to is there should be a big push on ticket publicity (again) during the latter part of June and July with a money off deadline of say July 31st and targeted at Football fans.

#46 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

The Football fixtures for next season are due out on June 19th. 

Once the fixtures are known i will know which weekends my team are away and therefore when i am free to attend some World Cup games. This will be when i buy some tickets, not before.

There must be many (hundreds maybe) season tickets holders at Football clubs that like myself also follow RL and are in the same position.

Until we know the Football fixtures we can't commit to buying tickets.

Point i am getting to is there should be a big push on ticket publicity (again) during the latter part of June and July with a money off deadline of say July 31st and targeted at Football fans.

So if there's a clash, which takes priority?

Slightly separately but as the World Cup fixtures are already out, any clash can't be blamed on the RLWC organisers*, although I wouldn't put it past some people... Finders keepers innit! :P

(*not that you would)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#47 Bazz

Bazz
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

i'd be really disappointed if they only got that. The capacity is about 75000 so if the ground is only half full I think it wouldn't look great on tv.

Why are RL fans so negative.

As I have posted here previously, I went to the Millennium Stadium to watch Sale v Leicester/Cardiff v Scarlets double header and the crowd was about 32 000 and everybody was saying ,what a good crowd'-not 'this won't look good on TV.'

#48 MattSantos

MattSantos
  • Coach
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

The QFs look a bit silly.

10.30pm train home from Wigan...That's not working.

Other than that, buying tickets this week.

Whoop.

#49 steveparker007

steveparker007
  • Twitter
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

So if there's a clash, which takes priority?

Slightly separately but as the World Cup fixtures are already out, any clash can't be blamed on the RLWC organisers*, although I wouldn't put it past some people... Finders keepers innit! :P

(*not that you would)

Which takes priority? That depends, for example for a Man U fan (which i am not btw)  Man U v Man City would take priority where Southampton away would not. Point is till the fixtures do come out many people will not commit to buying tickets.

#50 steveparker007

steveparker007
  • Twitter
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Why are RL fans so negative.

As I have posted here previously, I went to the Millennium Stadium to watch Sale v Leicester/Cardiff v Scarlets double header and the crowd was about 32 000 and everybody was saying ,what a good crowd'-not 'this won't look good on TV.'

Twickenham looked terrible on TV this weekend for the 7's, big mistake opening up the whole stadium. The bottom tier facing the tv  should always be sold first. When Salford were last on TV most the crowd were the same side as the tv as also happened at London. It makes the sport look bad, empty looking stadium on tv

#51 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,239 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Twickenham looked terrible on TV this weekend for the 7's, big mistake opening up the whole stadium. The bottom tier facing the tv  should always be sold first. When Salford were last on TV most the crowd were the same side as the tv as also happened at London. It makes the sport look bad, empty looking stadium on tv

I disagree actually. Day 1 was on in the pub and I was really surprised by the number of people in there even in the top tier. Let's be honest, it's a festival, people want the space to be able to nip in and out, or sit in larger groups, so you need to open more seats than you need, a little like Magic Weekend.

They were expecting over 110k over the two days which is unbelievable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users