RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Give people one chance only and if abuse occurs, block them. My mate just tweeted them to say 'Just block me now'. They obligued haha.

Your mate sounds like a bit of a loser, with very little self control...

Posted Image

#22 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

When Twitter first got big, it was mostly with the hazelnut latte brigade and a few comedians. Seems to be mostly scroats these days.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#23 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Your mate sounds like a bit of a loser, with very little self control...

On the contrary, Gav he is an intelligent bloke who knows a lot about the game and one of few people I listen to intently. If he was anything else I wouldn't defend him. I should have probably clarified that his tweet was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but the refs blocked him anyway.

On the subject of Twitter, you posted that 90% of people don't get why the account was set up, something I agree with. It saddens me to see fellow supporters abusing people within the game, but I guess it is easy to do it anonymously over the internet.

#24 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Because you should never underestimate the predictability of abusiveness :)

:rolleyes:

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#25 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

On the contrary, Gav he is an intelligent bloke who knows a lot about the game and one of few people I listen to intently. If he was anything else I wouldn't defend him. I should have probably clarified that his tweet was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but the refs blocked him anyway.

Ah well thats fair enough then, I've lost count of the amount of times sarcasm and a cheeky joke has completely flown over folks heads on there!

Posted Image

#26 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

I suspect it will go the same way as Phil Clarke's "margin meter".

Just to be clear, you mean it will go away for a while then come back again much improved and no longer hyped as something it was never meant to be?

As long as they can weather the first couple of weeks they will have blocked most of the idiots, as they all seem helpfully seem set on identify themselves.

#27 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Just to be clear, you mean it will go away for a while then come back again much improved and no longer hyped as something it was never meant to be?

As long as they can weather the first couple of weeks they will have blocked most of the idiots, as they all seem helpfully seem set on identify themselves.

Just to be clear,I don't!

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 29 April 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#28 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Just to be clear,I don't!

Okay!

Just seemed an odd example when the margin meter is used several times during every Sky match. Seems odder now.

#29 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

Okay!

Just seemed an odd example when the margin meter is used several times during every Sky match. Seems odder now.

You stated Clarkes new improved margin meter was much improved and no longer hyped,it isn't and it is.

#30 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,707 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

They are answering questions on there now - I’m finding it very informative.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#31 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

The Q&A with the refs is really good.

#32 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

I think it's good so far, makes me feel good because I already know all the answers! #ProperFan

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#33 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Im liking that they seem happy to say, "yes, agree that the pass was forward".

There's no apologies but I wouldnt expect there to be, its a tough gig, they will get things wrong and its nice to see them able to confirm that they got something wrong. To be fair they are right more than often!

I like the idea and as has been said, once theyve gone a few weeks and blocked all the crazies then its a very useful tool to access officials and ask good questions.

#34 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

I hope they do another one or two in the week and open it up to longer than Sunday evening through Monday afternoon, I'm very forgetful.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#35 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Here's my current favourite and to no suprise they didn't reply

@RFLReferees if a female streaker intercepted the ball & scored a perfect try would you goto the big screen to check the grounding?

#36 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Alibert admits to a mistake in his reffing of the Salford game, which I think is admirable given the public nature of Twitter.

#37 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

I don't think that questions can be answered in 140 characters with any consistency.  interesting so far though.

#38 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Really enjoyed reading that. Well done refs.

#39 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

Thought it was superb, hats off to the refs for putting themselves in the firing line so to speak.

#40 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

I hope they do another one or two in the week and open it up to longer than Sunday evening through Monday afternoon, I'm very forgetful.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users