Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Positive Thread

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 930 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

I see GC has been on the club website talking about the 3 recent signings as part of a wish to develop a 'backbone' for the club playing staff and of the importance of developing Swintons 'own' players despite the tie-in with Warrington.
Great to hear and should shut a few moaners up. As I have said, we dont know what our position was with regard to signing players pre-season.

Phillh, isnt this what you wanted to hear?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Its a great article and its good to see that our coach "gets" how fans feel.

Signing Harvey is a master stroke  in my opinion.   

#3 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 930 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Just need to see him play Mark! Desperately trying to sort out a bad back so I can get to Barrow!

#4 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Im in work this weekend starting at 6pm. I wont make it

#5 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

I see GC has been on the club website talking about the 3 recent signings as part of a wish to develop a 'backbone' for the club playing staff and of the importance of developing Swintons 'own' players despite the tie-in with Warrington.
Great to hear and should shut a few moaners up. As I have said, we dont know what our position was with regard to signing players pre-season.

Phillh, isnt this what you wanted to hear?

This year's squad had the bare minimum number of players in it to start with. Kash Watkins has never featured, Andy Ballard and Dan Birkett left, recently Glenn Riley and Danny Bridge have broken into the Warrington first team picture, Brad Dwyer and James Mendeika have secured loans to Super League clubs.

So clearly there was a fairly desperate need to bring in some new recruits, else there would be fewer than 20 players available for selection. Perhaps some lessons have been learned about the potential problems associated with having such a high reliance on Warrington players, albeit 2 of the 3 recruits have a Warrington background.

I suspect Craig Harvey will need a little time, there's a big gap in intensity and fitness levels between the Championship and the level of Union that he's been playing in recently.

Time will tell about the future direction, especially when it comes to construction of the squad for 2014.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#6 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 930 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

So is that a positive or a negative? It really is like talking to an MP talking to you. Try a 1 word answer for a refreshing change!

In answer, Watkins has never fitted in wherever he's been, Ballard (in my opinion) was never going to stay, ans Birkett (whom I liked when he did play) obviously wasnt going to get enough chances for a lad of his age. You sound disappointed that the 4 other lads are missing at the moment!

Damned if you do damned if you dont spring to mind!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users