Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hornets v The Scorpions

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 781 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

This weekend both Hornets teams play South Wales Scorpions,with the U20s playing Scorpions U20s on Sat at Mayfield sports centre kick off 5-00pm,then on Sunday a must win game down in Neath when the first team take on the South Wales Scorpions kick off 3-00pm.The team are going down the day before so the club is doing all it can to prepare for the game.
With so few teams in our division every game is important,and the team will have to be at their best to beat the Scorpions,but if they are I believe we can come away with a victory.

Match details taken from http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#2 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Already booked our overnight stay so there will be another two coming down to Neath.

Hope we can get plenty of support for this vital game.

The lads need our backing.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#3 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

The u20s game was a cracker,Scorpions edging it, think the final score was 22-30.They really tore into each other.Mayfield- St Judes was equally thrilling. St Judes winning 22 -32. The game breaker being Sam Butts sending off for a high tackle when he had been threatening to take the game by the scruff of the neck.A really great double header apart from the results.

#4 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Watched the under 20's game at Mayfield. Lewis Sheridan was outstanding, great prospect.

#5 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

We are 18-4 down!

#6 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

24-10 ht.  

#7 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

2 English tries 24 v 22 55 mins

#8 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

24-22 COME ON HORNETS!!!

#9 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Final Score Scorpions 30 v 28 Hornets. Late try right on the hooter.

Gutted, we just don't seem to be able to win at Neath!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#10 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Our Number 1 bogey fixture alright, played 3 lost 3!

#11 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

We are now 4 points behind the top two so winning against Cruaders is a must.  They have a very good defensive coach, so our attack will have to be sharp and our defence a damn sight better than of late. A good fight back in second half but to concede 24 in first half and not shut out at death is careless to say the least. Defence, defence, defence.

Owdum losing at home is not much consolation!

#12 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Makes next weeks game massive ! Need to win by 13 or more but the win will do.Oldham losing today helps.

#13 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

We have a good record at Spotland, and we need a win alright.Hope the weather improves, a nice sunny day would help.

Skolars away is another bogey for us and its been getting worse.

#14 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

I ve just had a puncture at Hilton Park Services message for Pooing Dog = Pugwash = Mark Wynn provide us with a winning team or clear off.

OK Lakeside, you're starting to get a bit nasty now and I don't intend to put up with it when you bring others into the mix. Any more and I'll just delete them, I know it'll feed that huge ego you keep dragging around but I really don't care OK?

Pugwash.

Edited by Pugwash, 28 April 2013 - 11:44 PM.

#15 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 781 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

I ve just had a puncture at Hilton Park Services message for Pooing Dog = Pugwash = Mark Wynn provide us with a winning team or clear off.

what are you on none of that makes sense
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#16 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

I hope you're not driving as well as drinking.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#17 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

As usual we are languishing in the league behind those great bastions of Rugby League North Wales, Hemel Stags, Oxford, South Wales. Does that make sense?

#18 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

Yesterday was quite simply a victory for South Wales better dual reg' agreement with Wigan and a good reflection of how seriously the bigger clubs take their particular commitments. 5 players 4 of whom have all recently played and looked good in the Wigan 1st 17 (Jack Murphy, Sam Powell, Greg Burke, Scott Taylor) vs ? from Saints.

That said a 2 point loss was a fairly good return especially away from home, but if the Scorpions can call on that sort of backup regular i cant see us finishing top 2 with North Wales and their Super League budget.

#19 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 781 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

As usual we are languishing in the league behind those great bastions of Rugby League North Wales, Hemel Stags, Oxford, South Wales. Does that make sense?

but what was your original post about how can three of the four things you linked together change the team even the fourth has no say in team selection .First time even on this forum some ones blamed a puncture on the moderator and chairman you really are getting desperate now .If you were at the match yesterday why did you not speak to one of the directors present I'm sure they would have answered any questions you had regarding the club not sure if they could help with the puncture though. David Bulcock

#20 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

And as usual you choose to vent your spleen on three individuals who singularly cannot have any effect on what happened yesterday.

If you also look at the league table you will see that most clubs have played a game more than we have and both our games have been away from Spotland!

Just try to grow up a bit and think before pressing the POST button and you'll not end up looking a chump!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.