Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow game

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Going to the game feeling we can win,but at worst we need a bonus point
On the Barrow forums prediction thread all 16 posts are going for a Barrow win, can we match that???

#2 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

We are due a good win up there but we never really play well on that small pitch.

We won't have Danny Bridge & Glenn Riley as they are both in the Warrington Squad to play Bradford Bulls.

Whoever plays should be a tight game.

#3 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Bridge and riley are on loan at warrington for min of 5 weeks I believe so it will be some weeks if at all till we will see them. I assume that is why cooper and sarsfield have come in.

Think a bonus is a must, a draw a good result for both and a win would be sweet. Still.feel we have not achieved consistency yet in set completion and therefore have yet to play at our full potential for a full 80 mins. I think barrow have been similar so whoever turns up Blazin on the day will win out. Prediction 12 - 12!

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#4 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

We need a win, anything less and ill be disappointed.

Wayne

#5 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 712 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

We are due a good win up there but we never really play well on that small pitch.

We won't have Danny Bridge & Glenn Riley as they are both in the Warrington Squad to play Bradford Bulls.

Whoever plays should be a tight game.

I think you will find that the Craven Park pitch is actually full size, unlike many others in the league.
Posted Image

#6 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

We are utter garbage. Ashamed.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#7 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Simply not good enough. We have gone backwardsi. I don't care where our new coach as lcome from but for me we've got worse, not even a bonus point.

Not good enough. Must win on Thursday now but I've lost all faith.

Wayne

#8 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 606 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

After the Toulouse fiasco we were led to believe they were Super League shoe-ins and the result was understandable & acceptable. Then Toulouse got beat off York. Now this today. You can dress it up however you like, but it's not been the best of starts for the coach.

#9 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

At least 12 of the starting 17 were Swinton players today as opposed to those fulfilling obligations to Warrington Wolves!

#10 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Our defence was the strongpoint of Ian Watsons tenure as coach,definitely not the forte of Mr Chambers thus far!

#11 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Our defence was the strongpoint of Ian Watsons tenure as coach,definitely not the forte of Mr Chambers thus far!

Yes you'll have to tell Mr Chambers to tell his players to start tackling below the neck.
Posted Image

#12 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hope you realise what will happen when we get relegated Mr Chambers.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#13 PeterAshton17

PeterAshton17
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

What a joke of a performance that was! Defence was absolutely shocking. I think barrow broke the line every other set of 6! It's needs sorting quick because staying in this league is a must!

#14 swintonion

swintonion
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

This was about as bad/ worse than the York game. 10 mins in we were camped on their line. We even scored a try.They then got the ball and never looked back. As said earlier our defence has taken 10 steps back as we were dire. Defence was our strong point 6 weeks ago, not any more. Improvement is needed and a must win game against Whitehaven.

Their is a positive about all this. We got in for nowt. Bonus point to us. ha ha

#15 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Heard on Radio Manchester that Briers and Morley are hopeful of being fit for Warringtons cup tie with Salford on May 11th.Wonder if they will get a run out with Swinton first?

#16 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Heard on Radio Manchester that Briers and Morley are hopeful of being fit for Warringtons cup tie with Salford on May 11th.Wonder if they will get a run out with Swinton first?

Sorry but that's just wrong if it happens completely outwith the spirit of dual reg/twinning IMHO but of course you will all vilify me for saying it !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#17 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

no no no no no!!!!!!

#18 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

It has happened with Paul Wood and Chris Bridge so why not Morley and Briers?

#19 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Dave why are you muck stirring.........if they are registered D/R then they are eligible to play end of.

#20 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

Sorry but that's just wrong if it happens completely outwith the spirit of dual reg/twinning IMHO but of course you will all vilify me for saying it !

Wont vilify you for having a valid opinion
Vilify you for the dire little digs you had yesterday