Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow game

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Spot on Phil !

#62 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

In addition to the fact Gary Chambers has not been in post very long, there is a bigger issue - beyond the question of whether the players have respect for the coach is the question of whether the players have respect for the club.

Its next to impossible for any coach to develop a successful team, if the circumstances are a significant number of players coming and going every few weeks, with no certainty as to how long any of them will be available to the Lions.  That's on top of an apparent obligation to give clippits of game time to Warrington Wolves established first team players that are either on the fringes of Tony Smith's selection policy or returning from injury; not done on the basis of what is good for Swinton, but on the basis of what suits Warrington.

Getting fleeting access to some ambitious young players that are training full time and have sufficient natural ability to aim for a career in Super League is one thing; knitting them into an effective team for the purposes of taking Swinton Lions forwards is an entirely different thing.

Its clear Gary Chambers isn't the one taking the key decisions on these club policies.  The very fact he was given the job of coach coming from the background he did is arguably just one more part of the overall, badly flawed, "master plan".

You need to concentrate your efforts on the problems Leigh are facing instead of harping on about the problems "we" and I use that term, as I along with others on here support our club.

Not constantly look to use team problems as an excuse to attack the ownership.

#63 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

In addition to the fact Gary Chambers has not been in post very long, there is a bigger issue - beyond the question of whether the players have respect for the coach is the question of whether the players have respect for the club.

Its next to impossible for any coach to develop a successful team, if the circumstances are a significant number of players coming and going every few weeks, with no certainty as to how long any of them will be available to the Lions.  That's on top of an apparent obligation to give clippits of game time to Warrington Wolves established first team players that are either on the fringes of Tony Smith's selection policy or returning from injury; not done on the basis of what is good for Swinton, but on the basis of what suits Warrington.

Getting fleeting access to some ambitious young players that are training full time and have sufficient natural ability to aim for a career in Super League is one thing; knitting them into an effective team for the purposes of taking Swinton Lions forwards is an entirely different thing.

Its clear Gary Chambers isn't the one taking the key decisions on these club policies.  The very fact he was given the job of coach coming from the background he did is arguably just one more part of the overall, badly flawed, "master plan".

Blimey Phillh, it's taken you 3hrs 40min to turn this into a negative post, you are slowing!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#64 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Are you going on Thursday phil h.

#65 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Yes or no answers are not an option

#66 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

Are you going on Thursday phil h.

I shall not be going, as I don't wish to give Paul Kidd a helping hand in his quest to rape Swinton Lions of its identity and undermine the integrity of the Championship.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#67 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Misuse of that word you clown. Get it removed

#68 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Administrator please

#69 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Misuse of that word you clown. Get it removed

Not a misuse at all - entirely consistent with the literal definition which beyond the context used in criminal law includes wanton destruction / to take or spoil by force.

You ought to read a bit more.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#70 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

You are a disgrace

By the way is that reading "par ce" ha ha?
You psuedo intellectual

The literal definition really isn't the point though. Possibly your lowest point yet

But of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Edited by mark richardson, 01 May 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#71 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

Glad your not going Phil, I like to see true spectators there not fair weather ones.

#72 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

I will buy you a pint In Legends bar Phil,should you change your mind.

#73 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Will all those so called fans who keep coming on here spouting about us needing to sign our own players please explain to us where we are going to get these players from. Surely it is obvious that there is a dearth of players of the required standard knocking around thats why teams like Castleford and London are taking loan players from other super league teams. In an ideal world it would be wonderful to go and pick up a host of players off the street but it isn't an ideal world and the players just arn't  available. We therefore have to use other methods within the rules of  the rugby league to maintain a competive team. If the likes of Julian Caine know where these players are maybe they would like to share the secret with Gary Chambers I am sure he would like to know. As for you Philh you are a disgrace . come on here every day spouting your retoric and then have the nerve to say your not going becauseyou don.t want to put money in Swintons coffers.If every Swinton fan chose to go down the same route we most certainly would'nt have a team to support. To you Duffymoon the prat that you seem to idolise is as much a Swinton fan as I am a Salford fan Please Philh do all true Swinton fans a favour  and disappear up your own #### in a puff of blue smoke.

#74 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

I think the decision not to assemble a squad of players and rely heavily on the DR system was a policy decision taken by the club - trying to assemble / augment a squad mid season in certainly difficult - three players have left the club, two others have not featured in any matches apart from early on in the season - so yes it is difficult.

I also think it is really difficult to coach a team successfully when a significant number of players come and go every few weeks...........that to me is the most difficult task facing Mr Chambers at the coaching team. 

#75 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

I do think on this one phil h that using the word rape, although it may be correct in its usage in your posting is a very emotive word especially those people whom have been victims of horrendous rape crimes etc, I think in some respects you could do with editing that post as in a lot of peoples eyes including mine using that word is way over the top even for this forum, i'm sure you didn't mean to cause offence but this occasion i'm afraid you have to a lot of people.  Please edit the post as for once I agree whole heartedly with mark richardsons posting on this forum at 9.23pm

Edited by juliancaine, 01 May 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#76 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

I think Julian that where the Kidd family is concerned Phil H's terrible use of the word rape was indeed used to cause offence.
He takes every opportunity to attack this family,knowing that a few years ago the Swinton club would have ceased had it not been for that families intervention.
Even now whilst choosing not to support the club he selectively forgets this fact.

#77 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

I do think whilst their intervention in saving the club has been good and all credit to them for that, the financial situation doesn't look good at the moment, some welcome investment wouldn't go amiss and soon take a look at the accounts it isn't good to say the least.

http://companycheck....ompany/06045563

ps i'll be at the game tonight so "COME ON YOU LIONS".

Edited by juliancaine, 02 May 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#78 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

What would you expect? 400-500 gates every week. Hardly enough to pay this 'mythical squad of our own' is it?
As I have said for a while, perhaps we didn't have an option other than to tie up with Warrington for the moment. Fans staying away will not help will it.

People come on here with all the answers.......until you ask them specifically what they are and then they just pose even more questions and no answers at all. The inability to answer yes or no shows the hand of a bluffer who likes the sound of his own voice but rarely hears substance in it.

Perhaps a more pertinent question in reality is, HAVE WE ENOUGH SUPPORTERS TO WARRENT HAVING A CLUB AT THIS LEVEL?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#79 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Julian a breakdown of creditors would probably reveal a significant amount owed to the directors loan account.

#80 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Stand up and support your team!

Come on you Lions!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users