Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Great day of Schools Rugby League in Neath today

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Seriously, what a great day at The Gnoll today. Watched the Wales Rugby League - Rygbi Cynghrair Cymru Champion Schools Finals which produced over 300 points in six games.

Year 11 Final Strady 50 St Johns Aberdare 20. 
Year 10 Final Ystalyfera 44 Lewis Boys 46
Year 9 Final Pencoed 30 St Josephs Newport 16. 
Year 8 Final Cwm Rhymni 34 St Joseph's Port Talbot 22
Year 7 Final Ystalyfera 32 Cwm Rhymni 20 

Outstanding stuff. All the schools are invited back for Sunday's South Wales Scorpions Rugby League Club game.

Edited by Cardiff Cymru, 26 April 2013 - 05:21 PM.

About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#2 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I kept a track on the final scores as they were happening thanks to the Twitter feed.  Very encouraging to know that a comp like that has been happening in south Wales.  I hope there was lots of support from other children and members of the community and that the weather was decent (that always makes outdoor events so much better!). 

#3 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Yes there were a good few people there. Some stayed for the whole day but most were parents and in some cases classes supporting their classmates. Ystalyfera brought the whole of the lower school for their Year 7 game and invaded the pitch at the final whistle. All in good spirits of course! Some of the players on display are in the Scorpions Academy, some others are on the radar. I now hope at least one side reaches the national Final. Weather was good in places, rainy in places, very indifferent.

About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#4 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

Really good to see 9 schools represented in the 5 games - great spread of interest/talent.

#5 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Yes there are green shoots for rugby league in Wales. It will be a long path in Union Land and we need to boost attendances. Well done to all who work hard off the field.