RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Which Championship players would do well in SL ?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

jimmy taylor should have gone to a super league club from leigh, what a waste of talent. he could have made the england squad..

I`ll disagree with you about JT, fantastic tackler but not big enough to compete at the top level.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#22 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Greg Worthington would go very well in Super League.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#23 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Rob Massam at North Wales Crusaders.

#24 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

QLT at Sheffield would go well, Colton Roche looks a really good prospect, surprised Leeds let him go
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#25 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Wire are looking at Brierley and Hopkins at Leigh I believe.

#26 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

I`ll disagree with you about JT, fantastic tackler but not big enough to compete at the top level.

nonsense jimmy was a superb player who always punched well above his weight
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#27 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,101 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Greg Worthington would go very well in Super League.

No, no no Chris. Remember, he's useless. Nobody would want to sign him.......

Buy the official Rovers 2013 Yearbook, out now!!!  ;)

http://feathers.rlstore.co.uk/product/2013YEARBOOK

#28 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

nonsense jimmy was a superb player who always punched well above his weight

Oh right I`ve only watched his performances for the last 8/9 years or so. I`ll step aside to your superior knowledge.

That`s NOT a dig at JTs undoubted qualities, he`s proved to be one of the better tacklers in our game..IMO... Once you`d been Taylored you knew you`d been tackled.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#29 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

BRK, What about Dan Toal ?

His rise from Amateur to champs 1 & now to the champs seems almost flawless, so he has the raw talent & is young enough, Would he have enough to make the grade given full-time SL Training ?

#30 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Oh right I`ve only watched his performances for the last 8/9 years or so. I`ll step aside to your superior knowledge.

That`s NOT a dig at JTs undoubted qualities, he`s proved to be one of the better tacklers in our game..IMO... Once you`d been Taylored you knew you`d been tackled.

i've watched a lot of jimmy as well and i rated him very highly. he had a great pair of hands and as you say bart he was one of the best tacklers i have ever seen. just the right qualities for a top second row. but fair play to him he wanted to stay at leigh.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users