Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Which Championship players would do well in SL ?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

jimmy taylor should have gone to a super league club from leigh, what a waste of talent. he could have made the england squad..

I`ll disagree with you about JT, fantastic tackler but not big enough to compete at the top level.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#22 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Greg Worthington would go very well in Super League.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#23 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Rob Massam at North Wales Crusaders.

#24 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

QLT at Sheffield would go well, Colton Roche looks a really good prospect, surprised Leeds let him go
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#25 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Wire are looking at Brierley and Hopkins at Leigh I believe.

#26 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

I`ll disagree with you about JT, fantastic tackler but not big enough to compete at the top level.

nonsense jimmy was a superb player who always punched well above his weight
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#27 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,358 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Greg Worthington would go very well in Super League.

No, no no Chris. Remember, he's useless. Nobody would want to sign him.......

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#28 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

nonsense jimmy was a superb player who always punched well above his weight

Oh right I`ve only watched his performances for the last 8/9 years or so. I`ll step aside to your superior knowledge.

That`s NOT a dig at JTs undoubted qualities, he`s proved to be one of the better tacklers in our game..IMO... Once you`d been Taylored you knew you`d been tackled.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#29 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

BRK, What about Dan Toal ?

His rise from Amateur to champs 1 & now to the champs seems almost flawless, so he has the raw talent & is young enough, Would he have enough to make the grade given full-time SL Training ?

#30 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Oh right I`ve only watched his performances for the last 8/9 years or so. I`ll step aside to your superior knowledge.

That`s NOT a dig at JTs undoubted qualities, he`s proved to be one of the better tacklers in our game..IMO... Once you`d been Taylored you knew you`d been tackled.

i've watched a lot of jimmy as well and i rated him very highly. he had a great pair of hands and as you say bart he was one of the best tacklers i have ever seen. just the right qualities for a top second row. but fair play to him he wanted to stay at leigh.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users