NCL

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Bloodsweatandgreen

Bloodsweatandgreen
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Always do no one ever asks me for money I pressumed it was free!!!!

#22 Bloodsweatandgreen

Bloodsweatandgreen
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Won't you be training for your beloved cott?

#23 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

No left them my friend, free agent weighing up all my options a lot of interest.

#24 Bloodsweatandgreen

Bloodsweatandgreen
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

No left them my friend, free agent weighing up all my options a lot of interest.

Well if you can't get in there side there isn't many left below them is there? No friend of mine :)

#25 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

I can get in their side, what makes you say that??? I want to better myself and with the offers I've had I'm going to do that I do believe

#26 west is best

west is best
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Stop playing and start coaching hullfan myton could do with a dig out lol mind you rumour has it spence is bringing mick green from isberg in haha surely spence is not that desperate or stupid

#27 Bac

Bac
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Come to myton hull fan could do with some one to clean our boots because if you are who people say you are you couldn't get in our a team !

#28 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Get your hand in your pocket you greedy bar steward. Two quid to you.

rldfsignature.jpg

#29 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

York Acorn 14 v 24 Leigh Miners

Leigh Miners picked up their first away win of the season yesterday afternoon when they beat a winless York Acorn 24-14, it wasn't the prettiest of performances more of a hard working grinding one but it is one Miners will take all day long if they come away with the two points away from home. Scott O'Brien opened the scoring for Miners after about fifteen minutes when he went through a gap on the right to race in to score at the side of the posts, Jonny Youds converting to give the score 6-0. The next fifteen minutes was even in terms of possession and field position, both teams working hard in attack and defence but not being creative enough with ball in hand to trouble each other. York Acorn got themselves on the scoreboard just past the half hour and from that the rest of the half belonged to them with them being on the front foot putting alot of pressure on the Miners line, the pressure eventually paying off right on half time as Acorn scored their second try to give them a 10-6 lead going into the break.

The home side had the first chance of the second half but where denied by scrambling Miners defence. Scott O'Brien thought he had pulled the scores level a few sets later only to be ruled out by the touchjudge on the far side for a forward pass much to the disappointment of the visiting supporters. A few minutes after the disallowed try Acorn scored their third try of the match scoring in the left corner to increase their lead to eight points leading 14-6 and they must have thought at this stage that their wait for a first league win of the season was finally going to be over. But Miners had other ideas has they hit the home side with a quick fire double just past the hour mark, the first from prop Darryl Kay who barged his way over from close range followed by another close range effort in the next set after the restart from Scott O'Brien, Jonny Youds converting both tries to put Miners 18-14 in front. Acorn tried hard to get back level but were unable to breakdown the Miners defence, the game was wrapped up in the last minute when young winger Ryan Monaghan intercepted on half way to race away and score, Youds landing his fourth conversion of the day to give the final score 24-14.

Next week Miners are at home to West Hull.

Miners team - Jimmy Muir,Ryan Monaghan, Adam Thomason, Jonny Youds, Andrew Hodson, Steven Marsh, Scott O'Brien, Kev Howells, Tom Farrimond, Darryl Kay,Liam Coleman, Danny Jackson, Dave Rowlands SUBS = Joe Harrison, Todd Appleby, Sean McDonald, Steven Tooze

Miners MOM –Scott O’Brien

#30 Ryan hair

Ryan hair
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

Leighminers do you get a copy of the team sheet as you never name any players on the opposing side. Just an observation

#31 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

No I play so only see a programme before game, and their not always correct teams in programme!

#32 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

2 Good reports there lads :) about two teams with the same syndrome ( Miners & St Judes ) , On How to have a game in the bag by half time and yet try and blow it by leaking points in HUGE in the 2nd half with little reply :O 

It possibly drives the coaches do-lally , but Hey ho as a speccy these days then there the sort of game I'd like as a neutral , if I had an affinitty to one of the teams though I'd be venting my spleen or having a wee tug depending on which end of a 34-32 result we were on :D 

Whoever said there's no passion left in rugby league ?

Keep the game reports coming folks they're mucho appreciated !! :unsure: 

#33 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

i left the Normy v Cross game with 5 mins left, heard there was a fracas after the match involving Ryan Glynn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Gary Coyle, 29 April 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#34 Bobby Tupper

Bobby Tupper
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

i left the Normy v Cross game with 5 mins left, heard there was a fracas after the match involving Ryan Glynn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never saw a fracas and i left after the shawcross lads. What did you hear?
Rugby league players pretend not be injured for 80 minutes. Footballers pretend to be injured for 90

#35 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Just heard there was some sort of bust up, was asked by a reporter who was there via my agency if i had the photos of the incident so must assume something happened

#36 costa

costa
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Just heard there was some sort of bust up, was asked by a reporter who was there via my agency if i had the photos of the incident so must assume something happened

There was no fracas.

Ryan Glynn went to watch Shaw X and the lads were overwhelmed at the end of the game, many of them in tears. Perhaps that's what the reporter wanted snaps of?

#37 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

There was no fracas.

Ryan Glynn went to watch Shaw X and the lads were overwhelmed at the end of the game, many of them in tears. Perhaps that's what the reporter wanted snaps of?

No idea mate, like i said i'd already left, seemed a pretty goog natured game bar Darrell Olpherts winding up some fans behind the posts, they were giving him some stick though, he dropped the ball one minute and scored a wonder try the next, cracking talent, if he can work on his defensive lapses he'll be back in the pro game in no time.

Good to see Kev Dickens doing what he does best.

#38 wiganstjudes

wiganstjudes
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

WIGAN ST JUDES 32-22 ROCHDALE MAYFIELD

Judes travelled to Rochdale and came away with the spoils after only five minutes the visitors were on the scoreboard when Michael Whittle made a break from acting half back handed on to Paul Pendlebury whose neat pass out of the backdoor put Scott Robinson over Gareth Thomas converted, Mayfield hit back with a good try down the left flank but the goal attempt was off mark, Judes were playing some good stuff and twice the Mayfield defence was breeched but the final pass went down eventually Nathan Jones skipped through the line and handed on to wingman Danny Holmes who crossed wide out the conversion was unsuccessful but back came Mayfield and with a well worked try and a penalty to make it 10 all at the break.

From the second half kick off Mayfield fumbled the ball and from the scrum Nathan Jones forced his way over in the corner the kick sailed wide then M.O.M. Dean Hunt broke down the left flank and fed Danny Holmes who side stepped the fullback to go under the posts Thomas made it a ten point lead, Mayfield hit a purple patch in the next fifteen minutes and put Judes under some pressure resulting in two converted score to put them in front for the first time 22-20, Judes stepped up gear and their backs were the dangermen Scott Robinson picked up a nothing pass and his strength took him over Thomas added the extras then Dean Hunt yet again worked the blindside and broke away the fullback managed to halt him but Dave Carney was in support to finish it off Thomas goaled it to round off the scoring.

#39 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Leighminers do you get a copy of the team sheet as you never name any players on the opposing side. Just an observation

I think you have done superbly with your report on Miners game considering you played as well. Maybe you should have a pen and paper down your sock to record the oppositions scorers

Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users