TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Town v Dewsbury updates

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Wonder how many was at Dews . Championship attendances are a real issue .

#62 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Sporting Life gives the Dewsbury crowd as 715 and on the Rams forum they say that there was more than a reasonable turnout from Town.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#63 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Poor all round isn't it , us included . And there won't be many Hunsletites boosting us next week as they often seem the worst supported at home of the lot . They've a core from Leeds I think so itll be another one you have to earn .

#64 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

OMG...did we need that win, well done to the lads today, it didn't sound pretty, but great to see us toughing it out right to the end. It was looking like we could go bottom at one stage.

Let's hope we can build on this and beat Hunslet next week, we have to get into them from the word go. Get down to DP next Sunday and bring a friend, it should be a cracking game for a bank hol weekend.

UP THE TOWN

#65 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

OMG...did we need that win, well done to the lads today, it didn't sound pretty, but great to see us toughing it out right to the end. It was looking like we could go bottom at one stage.

Let's hope we can build on this and beat Hunslet next week, we have to get into them from the word go. Get down to DP next Sunday and bring a friend, it should be a cracking game for a bank hol weekend.

UP THE TOWN

have you been on the lambrini again old lad? it sounds like you were getting yer larl self excited ,the result was never in doubt :rolleyes:

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#66 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Well said , make no mistake they're playing some good footy this year and have scored plenty of points . Hope people do turn out , we deserve it and need it . And now we're in our house so lets rip in and make them feel decidedly unwelcome . 6 points in a week is huge and would build momentum for the next few winnable games . And another last minute game breaker today ... That conditioning is a massive asset .

Edited by DavidM, 28 April 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#67 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Well said , make no mistake they're playing some good footy this year and have scored plenty of points . Hope people do turn out , we deserve it and need it . And now we're in our house so lets rip in and make them feel decidedly unwelcome . 6 points in a week is huge and would build momentum for the next few winnable games . And another last minute game breaker today ... That conditioning is a massive asset .

were not a fit team David the special ones say so.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#68 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Yeh I raised at eyebrow at that one . They're super fit ... Yet teams do seem to come hard at them late on in games ??? And sometimes even after 20 minutes .

Edited by DavidM, 28 April 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#69 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Just had a scan on the Dews forum , geez talk about depressing ! And why are all our wins when there's " two bad teams " ?

#70 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Wonder how many was at Dews . Championship attendances are a real issue .

Casual fans won't pay £15 to watch games so all clubs attract are the hardcore fan
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#71 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Brett,s try was sheer determination to get over that line great try. Also his goal kicking was spot on today.Well done to all the lads for grinding out a good hard fort win

#72 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Delighted at today's performance against a good team also, we stayed patient when we made mistakes both in attack and defence and fully deserved our win, Connor looked to be enjoying himself in the middle of the park kicking wasn't bad sometimes great other times too much but dropping the ball out 80 metres on 2 occasions really fired the boys up and his defence also!! They clearly were told to get into thacks and acton whenever possible and it worked once or twice but where acton was concerned it mad him hungrier especially his dual with aizue in attack and defence!! Really hope and think we can push on from this, I hope we have the same 17 next week as they were a credit to town today!! Up the town

#73 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

What happened to Karl pryce what a big lump he who was a handful tackling but boy did any town player put in the effort to get him tackled!! Shame as he was once talked about as the next big thing now a big lardy lad wasting away in the championship

#74 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

did okay Widnesrlfc - defended well and never made any mistakes. Good solid performance without being a stand out

Cheers mate and well done on your win.See you all in a few weeks.

#75 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

have you been on the lambrini again old lad? it sounds like you were getting yer larl self excited ,the result was never in doubt :rolleyes:

I wish Bomber...I've been working all weekend so no drink, I'm drying out after last Sundays Lambrini fest. Must go to the doctors today and ask for a bigger dose of my blood pressure pills. They don't half put you through it !!!

#76 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

You deserved the win as you kept going for the full 80 minutes.

#77 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Eddie. However your fellow fans seem to be going with the theme we were beatable and you only lost because you were poor. Some of your fans sound like haven fans they say the same things when we beat them. Best of two poor teams is becoming a regular label for town. Well sometimes you can only play as good as the opposition lets you.

#78 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

That's one thing we always do Eddie . We're far from the smartest or most fluent and we can tune out mentally now and again ,but we're physically conditioned to go the distance , and that's worth a few points over the season .

Edited by DavidM, 29 April 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#79 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Thought kayle Connor done oryt yesterday few kicks werent good but them drop outs in the second half were outstanding. Thought acton was my mom was awesome again. Lets get another win next week and cut out these errors

#80 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thanks Eddie. However your fellow fans seem to be going with the theme we were beatable and you only lost because you were poor. Some of your fans sound like haven fans they say the same things when we beat them. Best of two poor teams is becoming a regular label for town. Well sometimes you can only play as good as the opposition lets you.

I have to be honest though we are playing really bad at the moment. Not taking anything away from Workington, but we're not the same team as we were when we almost beat Featherstone and hammered Whitehaven. There's something very wrong within our club at the moment.  :wacko:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users