Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

score latest v lions

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Barrow 14 Lions 6 HT

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#2 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

36 - 16 Barrow FT :)

#3 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Well deserved final score 36-16. the lads played well.

#4 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Great performance by the boys today, without doubt the best 80 mins we have produced this season. Don't know who was given man of the match but thought Mossop and Dawson were superb when they came off the bench both making a big impact when they came on. Also thought Toal, Campbell and our 2 mainstays in the second row had their usual big games.
Just to repeat what Holty said on Radio Cumbria after the match, can't believe Swinton finished the game with 13 players on the field, some of the high tackles were attrocious and deserved the very least a sin binning, to not even be put on report was diabolical by the officials. The one on Cambpell was every bit as bad as the Meli one last weekend resulting in a long ban.
Lets hope we can kick on now from here, this league is turning out to be very tight and we need to not only beat these teams that are near us in the league but deny them the bonus point like we did today.
Posted Image

#5 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

I thought it was an excellent performance against a team who looked as if they'd never played together before. If this is what DualReg does I don't think we want any of it. By the end Swinton looked what they were a well beaten team. I was interested to listen to Holty's after match interview. He referred to the tackle on Liam Campbell just before half time. I remarked to people sat near me that it looked every bit as bad as Francis Melli's tackle and he got, I think,3 games. Holty was certainly not amused.

The gate today was 987 and more performances like that should bring more supporters back.

According to me the league table is now:

Halifax   32

Featherstone  29

Sheffield  28

Batley  27

Leigh  27

Whitehaven   17

York   15

Dewsbury  15

Hunslet   15

BARROW   14

Workington  14

Swinton    13

Keighley   13

Doncaster   11

If only we had beaten Doncaster, Whitehaven & Keighley.

Posted Image

#6 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Sorry, Ritchie,you beat me to it. I think I would give MOM to Campbell or Toal but as you say Harrison and Haggerty had there usual big games and tackled everything in site.

Posted Image

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

I saw what you did there Michael, but you are below Town on points difference, ha ha.    Good win today for both our teams and we need to back them up now.   It will be hard for your lads next week to back it up at Halifax but a good performance against them teams is as good as a win sometimes for team morale.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

The best thing about Swinton was their excellent playing strip !

Posted Image

#9 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Town ahead of us by points difference with 2 games in hand.
Posted Image

#10 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Must win, we did win!
Class win, toal man of match for me.
Biggest thing today was stopping them getting any points inc the bonus

#11 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

For me mossop changed the kgame swinton were quicker than barra at the play the ball but when mossop came on he sped the play up and dawsons and jones no nonesense play got barra on the front foot good effort allround

#12 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Well done today.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#13 Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thought the whole put in a sterling effort - no shortage of effort from any of the lads.

Haggerty and Harrison were excellent as usual but thought young Nathan gave the team that bit extra  when he came on - definitely my MOM

Halifax will be a different proposition but the team represented the town with pride today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Much needed win sent the fans home happy,we cut our errors by half I reckon which showed in the scoreline!
Good all round team performance,the guys already mentioned stood out!
Well done Barrow!
Did Tyrone McCarthy play for them today?

#15 drewjak

drewjak
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Much needed win sent the fans home happy,we cut our errors by half I reckon which showed in the scoreline!
Good all round team performance,the guys already mentioned stood out!
Well done Barrow!
Did Tyrone McCarthy play for them today?

yes

#16 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

yes McCarthy did play but I thought their best prop was Hill

Mossop was outstanding today at the ruck..... made us yards all the time

Dawson the best prop although Brennan wasn't far behind...... but ALL the forwards bossed theirs for long periods which won us the game.

Haggerty and Bull as always were brilliant

Congratulations to Andy Dawson on his maiden try as well.

Really enjoyed the match.

Lee

Edited by morty, 28 April 2013 - 06:12 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#17 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Get in, good result :)

#18 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Definitely the best full 80 minutes we have played today. Hard work and enthusiasm from everyone.
Let's hope it shuts the doom and gloom merchants up for a bit.
We have a few tough games to come and no doubt we will struggle but today showed that we only have to believe and we will come good.
Well done to all concerned.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#19 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Your quite right about the league positions, Keith, but I was so chuffed that we've moved up the league I cheated a bit and put us ahead of Town on alphabetical order. LOL.
Well played Town. As a Lancastrian I hope we all keep it going for Cumbria.

Posted Image

#20 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

the reff being from Swinton might of had something to do with that........

great result from barrow though, the Millom lads won it for me :D , GET IN!!!! 

can't believe Swinton finished the game with 13 players on the field, some of the high tackles were attrocious and deserved the very least a sin binning, to not even be put on report was diabolical by the officials. The one on Cambpell was every bit as bad as the Meli one last weekend resulting in a long ban.

Edited by shun, 28 April 2013 - 07:56 PM.