RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Huns 26 York City Laughtons 12

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Penola

Penola
  • 592 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Full entertainment value. 3 points and York no bonus point. Watson and Yates were awesome. Keinhorst and Menzies excellent

Edited by Penola, 28 April 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#2 Wakey Hawk

Wakey Hawk
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Really enjoyed today , great effort by all

#3 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Well played today Hawks, tactically you were outstanding , beat us up all over the park, you certainly have the team spirit and desire and made us look a very poor side today. Thought your pack were great and Yates, Menzies looked like breaking the advantage line for fun, Keinhorst looks a top player too. Real shame we couldn't give you a game today and no doubt the best team won easily.
Posted Image

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

We were superb today, the better team by a mile on another day would have won by 20-30 points, how Laughton is officiating at this level il never know! Buzzing with the win!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

And yet after last weeks ref V Catalan , he looked good. Think we got one free kick last week, now he has to be the worst I have seen. Not that I liked today's ref , just he was an improvement on last weeks.

Well played today Hawks, tactically you were outstanding , beat us up all over the park, you certainly have the team spirit and desire and made us look a very poor side today. Thought your pack were great and Yates, Menzies looked like breaking the advantage line for fun, Keinhorst looks a top player too. Real shame we couldn't give you a game today and no doubt the best team won easily.

Think that's a fair and good post of your's ANDYPK, on reflection of today's game.

Thought your kicking game was very poor today.

#6 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

till i kicked that guard in the nuts

#7 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Well, we were better than of late, but I hardly feel like we've turned a corner tonight. We made hard work of it in my opinion, and really York were still in the game long after they should have been dead and buried.

Some great tries (Keinhorst's first), some perfectly good tries disallowed (Helliwell) and some schoolboy error tries (Keinhorst's second and Kent's try for York) made for yet another topsy turvy afternoon. Plenty of players had good individual games but we're still not always singing off the same songsheet.

Uncle Ronnie had his moments and gave his usual quota of decisions no other referee would have given but at least they went both ways and didn't affect the result.

No doubt we deserved the points but we need to back it up at Workington to really move clear of danger ... but they won at Dewsbury today - I suspect a repeat of today's performance might not be good enough.

#8 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

anyone know where we are in the league now after todays results ? with no teletext its hard to work out !

Posted Image

#9 Penola

Penola
  • 592 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

anyone know where we are in the league now after todays results ? with no teletext its hard to work out !

7th but only 2 points off relegation zone. We have best points difference however

#10 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Think your up to 6th Steve, but you could be way down if the results go against you next week, good win for you today thought you were up for the game pity we were not, looked for you in the bar before the game.

#11 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Good to catch up as ever Andy, I was disappointed in our composure or the scoreline would have been greater, we kept on inviting York back into the game, thought Sully had a real dig, the game plan was simply get Brown, and spot Presley, see you at yours. As i said to Steve Carroll from York Press, we still havn't clicked when we do, watch out.

Edited by Hawkeye, 28 April 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Hawkeye
Posted Image

#12 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Here you go buddy: http://www.loverugby...m/championship/

:)

Posted Image

#13 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

7th but jeez its tight down there. sorry john i didnt get there while kick off time, i,ll deffo meet up for a pint in the return game at York.

Posted Image

#14 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

A good team effort with two of our own YATES and MENZIES outstanding, the trimmings being provided by two D/REG WATSON and KEINHORST. Congratulations to JAMES HOUSTON on his first try of the season, when he got the ball 15 yards from the York line no one was going to stop him.   Grimmer was quite, he's a marked man this season.

Thought Ronnie kept York in the game with his forward pass decisions, and penalising us for offside at a drop out from under the posts. If he's going to penalise this he could give a penalty at every kick off

Finally can anyone tell me why JOHN OAKS isn't being selected ?.

#15 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

Frisky

It was you that kept us in the game, not Ronnie, he didn't keep throwing the forward passes! And he wasn't off side from the drop- out, and finally it was clear to see by many that in the last 30mins Marchy was reffing the game !

Still best side won by a score that flattered us.
Posted Image

#16 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Good to catch up as ever Andy, I was disappointed in our composure or the scoreline would have been greater, we kept on inviting York back into the game, thought Sully had a real dig, the game plan was simply get Brown, and spot Presley, see you at yours. As i said to Steve Carroll from York Press, we still havn't clicked when we do, watch out.

You hit the nail on the head with one word there Hawkeye - composure.

Look at that league table though !! Is anybody anywhere prepared to stick their neck out and have a punt on which two teams will be relegated ?? :rolleyes:

#17 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

We all had a great afternoon,(apart from the result :( ).Could you please pass thanks on to all the staff and regulars at Rowland Road WMC.Sorry we won all your bingo money :D

#18 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

I thought our pack won us the game, totally dominated from the off, York struggled to live with us, although Sullivan for them was outstanding.  For us, Yates and Menzies were superb again, Yates just gets better and better with each game,Singleton made some great yards, and Haley rightly deserve the MoM award with his barnstorming runs, Houston had one of his best games this year and we finally saw the real Tommy Haughey, it was his best game of the season by a mile.

Keinhorst was back to his best and is a top class player, finished his tries well and was a threat all day his defense was first class also, Watson had another cracking game, his quick thinking and break to go full length and put Keinhorst in was superb. I really think hes making the fullback position his own this season. Big shout to Prycey also who had a superb game, solid all day got a great try, and did some really work taking the ball out of our own 20.

Grimmer was quiet again, really is struggling to get in the game at the minute, if we can get him back to his best we can really push on up the table.

Yesterday was a massive win, and it was comfortable in the end against a team that had won 3 on the bounce including beating Fev, we certainly have the makings of a good side and if we can click we can make the playoffs i have no doubt, well done to the lads and especially Baz, was under massive pressure yesterday but he got us the win!

Cant wait for Workinton next Sunday with the Naughty Forty ! Come on the Huns!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#19 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

I thought our pack won us the game, totally dominated from the off, York struggled to live with us, although Sullivan for them was outstanding. For us, Yates and Menzies were superb again, Yates just gets better and better with each game,Singleton made some great yards, and Haley rightly deserve the MoM award with his barnstorming runs, Houston had one of his best games this year and we finally saw the real Tommy Haughey, it was his best game of the season by a mile.

Keinhorst was back to his best and is a top class player, finished his tries well and was a threat all day his defense was first class also, Watson had another cracking game, his quick thinking and break to go full length and put Keinhorst in was superb. I really think hes making the fullback position his own this season. Big shout to Prycey also who had a superb game, solid all day got a great try, and did some really work taking the ball out of our own 20.

Grimmer was quiet again, really is struggling to get in the game at the minute, if we can get him back to his best we can really push on up the table.

Yesterday was a massive win, and it was comfortable in the end against a team that had won 3 on the bounce including beating Fev, we certainly have the makings of a good side and if we can click we can make the playoffs i have no doubt, well done to the lads and especially Baz, was under massive pressure yesterday but he got us the win!

Cant wait for Workinton next Sunday with the Naughty Forty ! Come on the Huns!

Heard a rumour yesterday old leather face over the river wants a meeting with Yates. I really hope not.......the positives of wainhouse having a good look at our squad eh
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#20 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Heard a rumour yesterday old leather face over the river wants a meeting with Yates. I really hope not.......the positives of wainhouse having a good look at our squad eh

Fair play to him if Leeds do want a meeting to take him to a better club and the next step in his career.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users