Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev looking good

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

New stands on the way up, mega wealthy backer who just loves the club, super pro active chairman and board, team almost back to its best and a crowd of 3700 to witness the demolition of previously unbeaten Halifax.

Just love the feel good factor oozing out out of the Big Fellas Stadium just now. Brian Barwick and Blake Solly must have been mightily impressed with their visit this afternoon, the atmosphere was electric. Well done to all concerned, great time to be a Fev fan.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#2 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

and here we go again.....

over to you Parksider, Keighley and guess who
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#3 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Credit where its due Kenny. Remarkable things going on down Post office Road way. Nowt wrong with reporting a good news story for this great game of ours surely.

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

The atmos was incredible this aft Terry. Loved it. I brought four with me incl 3 making the debut attendances at post office rd who left wanting to return!
Fabulous game. Fabulous atmos. Proper buzzing!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#5 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Quite and I'm all for it - I was alluding to the fact that this good news thread will once again get hacked and sent off on different tangents until our 2 friends battle it out over a merger
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Quite and I'm all for it - I was alluding to the fact that this good news thread will once again get hacked and sent off on different tangents until our 2 friends battle it out over a merger

aye..... you know it will happen. But I'll enjoy the buzz til it goes awry..... again!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Great atmosphere today, and I hope it continues like that. Hopefully our near neighbours will pick themselves up too so we can get back to proper derbies on a regular basis. :D

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#8 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Great atmosphere today, and I hope it continues like that. Hopefully our near neighbours will pick themselves up too so we can get back to proper derbies on a regular basis. :D

I'm all for that Gazza

#9 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Just so you know. My father and many of my relatives were/are from Featherstone. I wish them all the best. The attendance today will certainly help to get to the 2,500 average needed to tick the relevant box on the licence application form.

#10 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

Just so you know. My father and many of my relatives were/are from Featherstone. I wish them all the best. The attendance today will certainly help to get to the 2,500 average needed to tick the relevant box on the licence application form.

dont think that criteria will be able to be used as London don't currently meet it, although it is a massive effort from the rovers and shows there's still life in rugby league yet

#11 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

and here we go again.....

over to you Parksider.....

Over to me for what?

The club deserve a shot at SL I've said that for a long time??

Post your own thoughts.

#12 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,148 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Will the "buzz" continue if DP, as is strongly rumoured departs to pastures new though?  Posts on the Fev site say he be mad to go. But I beg to differ. DP has made the difference at Fev, and a good coach who brings success on the field will make a difference wherever he goes. It's what happens on the field that really matters - the rest will follow.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#13 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Great news this - I am glad to hear a success story. That is a great crowd and it must have been a cracking atmosphere for the game.

Well done and bet wishes to FR - they are doing good things.

#14 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Great crowd, and a result that everyone else in the Championship can cheer - it might bring Fax down to Earth a bit!
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#15 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

New stands on the way up, mega wealthy backer who just loves the club, super pro active chairman and board, team almost back to its best and a crowd of 3700 to witness the demolition of previously unbeaten Halifax.
Just love the feel good factor oozing out out of the Big Fellas Stadium just now. Brian Barwick and Blake Solly must have been mightily impressed with their visit this afternoon, the atmosphere was electric. Well done to all concerned, great time to be a Fev fan.

Yes Terry, great day and even greater atmosphere, I managed to have a word with Feisal after the game, he was buzzing. Yes it's the feel good factor on planet Fev.
Im Fev and im proud

#16 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

I'm really pleased for Featherstone and for the championship.  Reading comments on line it would appear that the game was exciting and the atmosphere even better.

Featherstone seem to have done everything they can to get the crowds in, I do wonder whether they have reached almost saturation point though and where they think perhaps an additional 1000-2000 fans could be drawn from should they be promoted, ideally an additional 4000-6000 to give them a crack at being self sustainable.  I think it's unreasonable to cross our fingers and rely on the man from PROBIZ to continue his support of them indefinitely, so this kind of thinking is important.  HKR are getting by on around 7000 crowds and around £500k from their backer, I'm not sure of their backers intentions in regards to how much he's willing to pump in.  He certainly seems to be making the right noises at the moment about his passion for the club though.

As an aside I think Wakefield took around 350 to Wigan the other week, so relying on away support (with the exception of games against Castleford, Wakefield, Leeds) to bolster the coffers would be a dangerous tactic.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 29 April 2013 - 09:05 AM.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#17 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,071 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Well done to Featherstone. Shows what a  determined and ambitious Championship club (and loyal and stroppy fans) can do, especially with the carrot of possible entry into the elite competition.  Let's trust it spurs other clubs into action. If the club does eventually get into the top flight, there'll be no more speculation, no more guessing ...we really will find out if SL is sustainable at Fev, and also we really  see if there is any cannibalization of Wakefield and Castleford support.

#18 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

I think it's unreasonable to cross our fingers and rely on the man from PROBIZ to continue his support of them indefinitely, so this kind of thinking is important.  HKR are getting by on around 7000 crowds and around £500k from their backer, I'm not sure of their backers intentions in regards to how much he's willing to pump in.  He certainly seems to be making the right noises at the moment about his passion for the club though.

We can't chase the perfect world either and any rich investor is important to the game. Therefore if Rovers make their financial plan work through the benevolance of Mr. Nahaboo then all well and good.

#19 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

This is why we need a second tier of FT clubs. Leigh v Widnes was always 3500, peaking at over 5000, widnes v leigh drew 6700 in 2000 with no freebies. Leigh v Hudds was circa 5000 in 2002.

The problem will be when Swinton/Workie etc turn up and the atmosphere is poop. Fev, Fax and Leigh need that level of fixture every week to grow the supporter base - SL2 gives that.

Great to see Salford break the 2000 barrier though

#20 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

The way to create a second tier of full time clubs is to finance them through a centralised deal more favourably than at present.  The only suggestions that I seem to hearing regularly leaked is a reduction in the numbers in Superleague, or to put it another way more money for the top clubs.  The flaws in this are apparent to all.

If we are to have a SL1 and SL2 "for the good of the game" as Mr Hetherington and his pals keep telling us, then perhaps we have to do things differently. Instead of funding those the top of the tree with increasing amounts and shares of the money, we should fund SL2 with more money than SL1, and have equal billing on Sky for SL2 etc.  No takers I'd guess.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users