Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev looking good

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,190 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

No takers I'd guess.

Absolutely not. A couple of clubs are struggling badly in SL, Featherstone and Toulouse provide an exciting and interesting solution.

#22 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

"for the good of the game"

Add to that 'as a whole' Larry. Maybe Brian Barwick is thinking along those lines. Press conference due this week I believe.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#23 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,955 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

There's a proper wave of optimism going around the place that the club have got going now. It's infectious. The crowd is steadily building, the portfolio across all areas of the club continues to grow. The physical infrastructure of the club is developing.
Good stuff happening all across the club.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#24 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Well done FR, Ive nothing but admiration for the way you're going about improving everything at the club, Any new photos showing the new stands progress?

#25 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

They announced last week that a global sponsor will be revealed this week for the naming of the new stand, in little owd Fev no less. The things happening at the club is hard to believe ourselves so can understand the thoughts of outsiders.

As for yesterdays atmosphere, it was fantastic but we also have to give the loyal Halifax supporters lots of credit for a great turnout. It was funny before the game when vacant seats ran out in their section they walked by in front of us and we sang "we can see you sneaking out " then the stewards sent them back so we sang " ya don't know were ya going" both sets of fans were laughing.

We just need to keep bringing new supporters through the gates and get them hooked and anything can happen , even I never thought we could attract 3.689 for a Championship game. Long may it continue
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#26 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,955 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Im bloody loving the craic at the mo.

#27 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,813 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Whilst you can't fault most of what is happening at Fev, I think they could have a touch more class in their PR.

Reading an article on LRL, what benefit is there to Craig Poskitt saying that the game was better than many SL games (subjective) and that their crowd was better than two SL crowds at the weekend?

It would appear that you are allowed to criticise SL but imagine the uproar if a SL chairman said anything similar aimed at Championship clubs.

#28 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,955 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Dave. Possy is highlighting the notion that fev are outperforming some sl clubs inspite of all the advantages the sl clubs have had for many years. Under possy's tenure he n paul taylor have increased the clubs portfolio beyond belief. I'd be bloody annoyed if he didnt draw those comparisons

Edited by Robin Evans, 29 April 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#29 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,813 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Dave. Possy is highlighting the notion that fev are outperforming some sl clubs inspite of all the advantages the sl clubs have had for many years. Under possy's tenure he n paul taylor have increased the clubs portfolio beyond belief. I'd be bloody annoyed if he didnt draw those comparisons

but it's just playing on the victim mentality. Why not focus on it in a positive way for the game as a whole? Why not tell us that this was Fev's biggest league crowd since x and so on?
Fair enough if thats how they want to play it, maybe he's playing to crowd but Id prefer to focus on the positives rather than highlighting two terrible crowds in SL. What good comes of that?
Not a major thing, just seems a bit small-time.

#30 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

but it's just playing on the victim mentality. Why not focus on it in a positive way for the game as a whole? Why not tell us that this was Fev's biggest league crowd since x and so on?
Fair enough if thats how they want to play it, maybe he's playing to crowd but Id prefer to focus on the positives rather than highlighting two terrible crowds in SL. What good comes of that?

Unfortunately the licencing system has created a dog eat dog world. Craig is just highlighting the fact that Featherstone Rovers are acheiving more than current SL clubs has we move towards the next licensing decisions.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#31 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

My Dad, my step Mam, my step brother and his 2 little girls went yesterday and they had a fantastic time. I have a feeling they will be back again soon because they had a great experience.

The atmosphere created by the 2 sets of supporters was fantastic, I loved every minute of yesterday. Can't believe that the club I love just goes from strength to strength.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#32 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,082 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Unfortunately the licencing system has created a dog eat dog world. 

That's just not true, as you well know.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p018brvc

Hmmm...deleted humour posts despite my congratulatory post #17?

Edited by JohnM, 29 April 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#33 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

I tend to agree with your sentiments Dave but on the other hand I can see Craig's logic in comparing the performance of a Championship club aspiring to join SL with some of those who are already there and have been for some considerable time. I don't think it was a dig at either London or Salford, more a way of making a statement that Fev are ready to be given a shot at the big time.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#34 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

New to this forum but why has my post from earlier been deleted?

#35 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,813 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

I tend to agree with your sentiments Dave but on the other hand I can see Craig's logic in comparing the performance of a Championship club aspiring to join SL with some of those who are already there and have been for some considerable time. I don't think it was a dig at either London or Salford, more a way of making a statement that Fev are ready to be given a shot at the big time.

Maybe, and I think that point can be passed off in a positive way, saying we are ready for SL - but let's be honest the two he was comparing to were shockers!

I think when it was coupled with the 'better than SL games' quote it becomes a little petty, but that's just my opinion, like I say, not a massive deal, just not how I would conduct myself or expect my CEO to portray themselves and the club.

#36 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,955 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

New to this forum but why has my post from earlier been deleted?

I reckon you will have quoted the profane comments of another poster perhaps? ?

#37 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

I reckon you will have quoted the profane comments of another poster perhaps? ?

Ah I see, I replied to Viking warriors post earlier, fair enough

Edited by Rover and out, 29 April 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#38 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Unfortunately the licencing system has created a dog eat dog world. 

That's just not true, as you well know.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p018brvc

Hmmm...deleted humour posts despite my congratulatory post #17?

In my opinion it is. The link you have supplied like the licensing system does not work.

By the way thanks for your positive post.

Edited by Ian (Pencil) Elliott, 29 April 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#39 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,082 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

In my opinion it is. The link you have supplied like the licensing system does not work.

By the way thanks for your positive post.

Like licencing, it does indeed work, though. http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p018brvc  have a listen

Edited by JohnM, 29 April 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#40 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Like licencing, it does indeed work, though. http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p018brvc  have a listen

Sorry John you have sent me the wrong link, this takes me to Gary Hethrington bragging about how he saved Leeds Rhinos and Blake Solly trying his best to paint the game in a bright light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users