A complaint repeated

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Last season I complained on here about the South Stand turnstiles and was effectively told that i didn't know what I was talking about. Today I have the self-same complaint.

We have four turnstiles on the South Stand side - two are marked for full paying customers, one for concessions and one for juniors/tickets/passes. The club promotes/implores fans to buy season tickets each year yet after they have done so have only one gate where they can queue to get in whilst others stand vacant. Last year i was told on here that I can use any gate but when attempting to do that yesterday I was told that this is no longer allowed, as decreed by head office; seemingly the difficulties in counting tickets causes a problem.

We are fans and loyal supporters, but we are also customers who can reasonably expect proper service. Can the club consider the turnstile operation from the viewpoint of the customer for once, please?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#2 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Last season I complained on here about the South Stand turnstiles and was effectively told that i didn't know what I was talking about. Today I have the self-same complaint.

We have four turnstiles on the South Stand side - two are marked for full paying customers, one for concessions and one for juniors/tickets/passes. The club promotes/implores fans to buy season tickets each year yet after they have done so have only one gate where they can queue to get in whilst others stand vacant. Last year i was told on here that I can use any gate but when attempting to do that yesterday I was told that this is no longer allowed, as decreed by head office; seemingly the difficulties in counting tickets causes a problem.

We are fans and loyal supporters, but we are also customers who can reasonably expect proper service. Can the club consider the turnstile operation from the viewpoint of the customer for once, please?

Funny you should mention this. A bloke a couple of places in front of me in the queue had a similar problem on sunday. He told the turnstile operator he would be reporting this to Mark Sawyer. The turnstile operator told him he was just doing as he had been told. Personally I have noted that this a problem at some games as well.

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

No response whatsoever from the club on here I see, which maybe confirms some of our suspicions.

A friend of mine took a more direct, old fashioned response however and wrote to the club, subsequently receiving a personal letter frrom Mark Sawyer. The letter was very apologetic stating that losing loyal supporters was not the club's intention and that gate 5 will also be available for ticket holders as before. Kudos to MS for a speedy and personal response, although I do find it concerning when the chairman has to do everything.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users