Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Toulouse Olympique

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#201 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,251 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

ha ha ha utter garbage if fev can afford it like they say they can they should be put in infront of a number of clubs already in who can't.

I think w whoosh has never been needed as much as in this case
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#202 owls

owls
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

i would personally like to see a second French team in super league, and maybe even a third team 5 years down the line, It would probably take a few years to establish  themselves just as it did for Catalans  but i think the league would benefit from this,

#203 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,251 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

This doesn't surprise me at all. Sky+ has dented significantly the number of adverts that I endure nowadays, the only exception being the ones during live sport.

It's interesting

But I'd suggest that a true pan European comp would still be more worthwhile to a broadcaster as well as better for the game. The Heineken cup seems to do ok

I think it over simplistic to base a judgement on the possibility that a few more dishes or packages will be sold in fev than in Toulouse.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#204 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Featherstone are growing at a faster rate than some SL clubs and in some cases the SL clubs are going backwards. Just because I'm a Fev fan it doesn't cloud my judgement Fev should be in SL I don't see why they or any other club for that matter who meet the criteria can't be aloud a crack at the top flight as long as they have the financial backing to back it up and make a serious go of it.

2008 to 2012 Rovers grew their average support by 250 fans.

Londons gates were 800 above Fev, Salford over 3,000 above, Widnes 4,000 above and Cas 5,000 above last full season i.e. 2012.

As Griff reports Fev haven't made a profit and have gone a bit over.

So I see no growth, I'm not having a go it's just not a "growth" league isn't the CC.

But your judgement that Nahaboo and co. need to offer Superleague full cap which several clubs are not doing, is the key.

#205 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

2008 to 2012 Rovers grew their average support by 250 fans.

Londons gates were 800 above Fev, Salford over 3,000 above, Widnes 4,000 above and Cas 5,000 above last full season i.e. 2012.

As Griff reports Fev haven't made a profit and have gone a bit over.

So I see no growth, I'm not having a go it's just not a "growth" league isn't the CC.

But your judgement that Nahaboo and co. need to offer Superleague full cap which several clubs are not doing, is the key.

I get the impression that those figures are not being replicated this season and that Fev are ahead of or very close to the averages of London and Salford and getting closer to those at Castleford. Maybe the fans have had an epiphany and are starting to realise that the Rrovers renaissance seems to have some legs and they are now getting on board the band wagon/

#206 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

I get the impression

You go by "impression" and I'll go by hard facts.

#207 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

You go by "impression" and I'll go by hard facts.

Well the hard facts are that London have had several attendances less than 2,000 and Featherstone have had several over 2,00o and one at least over 3,000.

The facts are that Salford also are barely getting to the 2,000 mark this season on several occasions.,.

Castleford's crowds hvae fallen significantly, Featherstone's have risen.

Overall SL attendances have had a marked reduction from last seasons averages. there is a thread on RL fans with details if you want to go there.

These are the impessions i have formulated from perusing the cold hard facts.

#208 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Overall SL attendances have had a marked reduction from last seasons averages.

These are the impessions i have formulated from perusing the cold hard facts.

Cold and hard as ice indeed.

You go on comparing attendances mainly in cold weather against attendances across a whole summer season.

As long as it suits....

#209 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

I blame Adoph Hitler for the lowered attendances.

I think this qualifies me for a prize.

#210 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

It's interesting

But I'd suggest that a true pan European comp would still be more worthwhile to a broadcaster as well as better for the game. The Heineken cup seems to do ok

I think it over simplistic to base a judgement on the possibility that a few more dishes or packages will be sold in fev than in Toulouse.

Your common sense and moderate views are wasted on here. Go and do something more productive with your time ;)

#211 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

You get a prize for crossing the Fuehrer with the inventor of the saxophone.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#212 Cake Tiger

Cake Tiger
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Godwin's Law in operation should automatically close a thread  :rolleyes:

#213 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Cold and hard as ice indeed.

You go on comparing attendances mainly in cold weather against attendances across a whole summer season.

As long as it suits....

Grasping, straws, facts don't suit so go off at a tangent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users