Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Leigh

05/05 3pm

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Right, lets get straight back on the horse. Send us your thoughts on Sunday's big home game with Leigh Centurions & you could be in the matchday magazine! #13Knights

Who should play?
How should we play?
What do you think will happen?
Any good York v Leigh memories?

Shall we have some predictions too?

Score:
First Tryscorer:
MOM:
Att: 

:D

Posted Image

#2 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Only play players who are 100% fit.

#3 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Pointless replying as u don't reply back

#4 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Pointless replying as u don't reply back

I've replied now mate, today has been a busy day, with a home game coming up, the LRL website and last minute wedding planning going on I don't have much spare time!

Now i we could please have some comments on the Leigh game it could be greatly appreciated, the print deadline is at 5pm and that Simon Hall fella is a scary bloke when I run over!

Posted Image

#5 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Right, lets get straight back on the horse. Send us your thoughts on Sunday's big home game with Leigh Centurions & you could be in the matchday magazine! #13Knights

Who should play?
How should we play?
What do you think will happen?
Any good York v Leigh memories?

Shall we have some predictions too?

Score:
First Tryscorer:
MOM:
Att:

:D

My best memory has to be the scrum down game when Geoff price took 3 over the line to score and Tim street getting sent off !!! He was a head case great game all in all !

#6 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Didn't Street bite StJohn Ellis and what a try by Wigglesworth our fullback.

#7 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

My best memory has to be the scrum down game when Geoff price took 3 over the line to score and Tim street getting sent off !!! He was a head case great game all in all !

That was on Scrumdown that game, York were outstanding that day. Remember their coach being interviewed "I don't know what's up with 'em, they just haven't got off the bus"

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#8 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Andyacko said this game was away on the radio yesterday! /sacked

It's time to park the camels.

#9 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Didn't Street bite StJohn Ellis and what a try by Wigglesworth our fullback.

Yeah it was . Ha ha

#10 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

That was on Scrumdown that game, York were outstanding that day. Remember their coach being interviewed "I don't know what's up with 'em, they just haven't got off the bus"

Yeah he want happy was he !!
Bring scrum down back . Great program !!!

We should start a petition to get it back on TV

#11 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Yeah he want happy was he !!
Bring scrum down back . Great program !!!

We should start a petition to get it back on TV

I think a highlights package on a free to air free view channel would be a better option than the 1 live game on a limited sports channel with no financial gains for the clubs.

Would love to see all the tries throughout championship to Champ one every week.

#12 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

I think a highlights package on a free to air free view channel would be a better option than the 1 live game on a limited sports channel with no financial gains for the clubs.

Would love to see all the tries throughout championship to Champ one every week.

Would be a great idea . Might put that to the RFL . Probably wont get a response but will have a go !!

#13 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 648 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

I remember a midweek visit to the Huntingdon about 10 or so years ago, lost track of the score but Parky Pig did excel in the triple jump.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#14 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

The Rugby League Show on BBC1 shown every monday night, in every region. The superduperleague show isn't enough and it's only shown in the heartlands.

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

The referee for Sunday's big game at home to @LeighCenturions is Mr P Brooke. #13Knights #RugbyLeague

Posted Image

#16 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Andyacko said this game was away on the radio yesterday! /sacked

Fancied a day out :D

#17 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

I remember a midweek visit to the Huntingdon about 10 or so years ago, lost track of the score but Parky Pig did excel in the triple jump.

Parky Pig was one of the best and most entertaining of all the old mascots, but not sure our old Wobby The Wasp would concur. Parky was up to his old tricks one game and ran at Wobby, jumping all over the poor Wasp and pinning it to the ground. We knew that our Wobby was a female and were worried for her safety! ( Hope she recovered okay Spanish)

Am I right in thinking that Parky's shenanigans led to him getting barred from grounds?

#18 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

The referee for Sunday's big game at home to @LeighCenturions is Mr P Brooke. #13Knights #RugbyLeague

Not seen Mr P Brooke for a long time at the Huntington Stadium,that's if he's the same I'm thinking of, if he is the same then me thinks Stokes,Leatherbarrow, and Brooke have the same mother and father.

#19 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 648 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Parky Pig was one of the best and most entertaining of all the old mascots, but not sure our old Wobby The Wasp would concur. Parky was up to his old tricks one game and ran at Wobby, jumping all over the poor Wasp and pinning it to the ground. We knew that our Wobby was a female and were worried for her safety! ( Hope she recovered okay Spanish)

Am I right in thinking that Parky's shenanigans led to him getting barred from grounds?

Parky was a character and probably was n`t aware of the sexuality of Wobby.
Parky to my knowledge was never banned but was sent off v Hornets at Hilton Park.........Happy days.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#20 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Take plenty of cash with you lads, the begging buckets will be out in force again
hunslet hawks champions 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users