RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Leigh

05/05 3pm

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

See Jamie Shaul, Jason Crookes, Dean Hadley & Liam Kent are not in the Hull FC squad this
week, also wonder if Hull lads can play in the NR Cup, assume there might be some rule that
depends on the number of league games they have played for us.

Personally, a big prop would have been very useful this Sunday...

You don't need Hull lads I can assure you...I'm a Fev fan; Remember your team that day;

#42 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

grass!!! Hahaha

Sorry John but couldn't resist lol
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#43 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

See Jamie Shaul, Jason Crookes, Dean Hadley & Liam Kent are not in the Hull FC squad this
week, also wonder if Hull lads can play in the NR Cup, assume there might be some rule that
depends on the number of league games they have played for us.

Personally, a big prop would have been very useful this Sunday...

A clothes prop would have been more use than some of the players on Sunday!
Posted Image

#44 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

AndyPK you couldn't be more wrong. Bet your wage bill is higher than ours. Think last year it was 200k or maybe even less. We had to operate last season without the 70k handout from the RFL. Doing it tough right now. CEO stepped down today and one of our directors may have resigned also. I understand though that a new consortium is almost in place.

Demon,

Then quite simply how have you been in so many cash troubles over last 10 years ? There are many examples of you throwing cash at players who were just on the verge of signing for other clubs. Painful as it is at times you have to live to your means nd you lot seem incapable or unwilling to do so.
Posted Image

#45 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

You don't need Hull lads I can assure you...I'm a Fev fan; Remember your team that day;

Agree - would love to not need any Hull lads idealy, but quite a few 'key' injuries & a few of our

young lads have played a lot of minutes recently

#46 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

Game day! !

i see we're giving them a head start by resting Tom Carr. makes sense, 3 big games coming up, 2 of which are 6 pointers.

#47 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Ref, rubbish. Jamie Shaul, worse. WHY did he just give up on running him into the corner and let him go under the posts.
On another note, I think Leigh might be more suited to playing American Football.

It's time to park the camels.

#48 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Ref, rubbish. Jamie Shaul, worse. WHY did he just give up on running him into the corner and let him go under the posts.
On another note, I think Leigh might be more suited to playing American Football.

Do you drink Bitter by any chance ? :lol:

#49 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Do you drink Bitter by any chance ? :lol:

Do you have the misfortune to live in Lancashire? ;)

#50 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

~

Edited by YCKonstantine, 05 May 2013 - 04:33 PM.

It's time to park the camels.

#51 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Facebook
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

We can't blame the ref today. We lost because we weren't strong enough, quick enough and there didn't seem to be any passion on the field. When we're spending most of the match going sideways or backwards it is highly unlikely we're going to win. Even though there were a couple of forward passes missed during the match, there was no need for the language I heard today, it was appauling. I was embarrassed to be a York fan at some points and when Leigh were breaking away so often it definately isn't the fault of the refs.

Well done Leigh, you were off your line quickly today and tackled well, I personally think we were lucky to score.

Edited by Caldecott, 05 May 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#52 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Simply men vs boys today, fair play to Leigh if they were getting away with 'momentum' of the ball and not getting pulled, we were too honest, should have tried it ourselves. Please don't people come on here and blame the ref and his flag wavers, we were woeful again today no clue or ability to break Leigh's line. They were big, strong and simply ran hard and direct, our lads take the ball stood still, our passing is schoolboy stuff, slow loopy passes either round the ankles, above the head or behind the player. Brownie's kicking game appears to have deserted him and compare their 6&7 vs how our two play, that's where game was won and lost today.( has Brownie already been tapped up for next season? Didn't look himself at all today). Yet again today showed how we need some physical size desperately, look at their two centres !! We were bullied physically today.
Worrying thing is we are going backwards, no leader on the park and team spirit looks lacking, not sure we have the desire either looking at some of the body language.

Leigh were best side we've played this season and easy to see how they nilled Batley.

GT has a big job on his plate to keep us away from the bottom places.
Posted Image

#53 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

well said ben. no matter how bad the ref is there is no need for the language used today. personally i thought the ref and his touch judges were inept today.yes leigh were far better in all departments, we were weak in defence and clueless with the ball in hand, and as for shaul, what a waste of time, even our coach was embarressed to talk about him saying "next question" when asked about his performance

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#54 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Still remains the question should Leigh be able to field a team they cannot currently pay ? As for Demon from Leigh reckoning their salary bill is lower than ours well having seen that Leigh squad today I think he will have a nose like Pinnochio !,
Posted Image

#55 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

SSSHHH they`ve been paid , now concentrate on your next game.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#56 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Just looked at table, points difference has seen us slip to 11th, poor poor day today, thrashings like this will cost us dearly at end of season.
Posted Image

#57 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

SSSHHH they`ve been paid , now concentrate on your next game.

Who paid them ? Fairygodmother again, whoops I meant FairyRFL.
Posted Image

#58 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Post your link please?
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#59 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

just 'one of those days' I guess, we got thrashed at home by Sheffield, and away to Fax & Fev.

You guys beat Fev few weeks ago, you're obviously not relegation fodder.... thought we'd win, but not by the margin it was.

#60 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 454 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Contract money is being payed ,its the win bonuses that hadden't been payed.
We're told the win bonus/es were payed today by a current share holder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users