Championship Team of the Week

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Kayle Connor and Jarrad Stack are both included in this weeks Championship Team of the Week.   Cameron and McAvoy from Haven plus Dan Toal from Barrow also in the team.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Good stuff . We should never see Kayle in the outside backs from now on . If we're short there use our link up , but let's bed Kayle in this position and see him grow and improve in it .

#3 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Kayle in the team of the week from half back?!! He must have played well then. If he can kick the ball so far how come it has taken until this week for him to be given the kicking duties?

Well done to him and Jarred for making the team of the week.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#4 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Got a good feeling about Kayle now hes where we all wanted to see him. I think his kicking will be first rate for us a s the season unfolds,he practices it often enough,top pro.

Edited by bomber is god, 30 April 2013 - 11:25 AM.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Wish we could see the tries somewhere on line from Sunday . We've been able to see a couple of our away thrashings , so seeing highlights of a win would be nice ! You know , I'm a firm believer that premier sports should show a Championships Full Time programme with all the weekends tries . They could fit it in an evening slot , or have it on Thursdays before the live game . All the games are filmed aren't they , so they could gather the footage . It would help promote the lower leagues . There's plenty of interest and great rugby going on below SL , but we never see any of it .

Edited by DavidM, 30 April 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Quite a number of clubs are getting their own TV to show match highlights or in some cases full match.    It's something I have been asking for over a period of time.    Fev have a membership scheme which allows members to view their match dvds.    It is good for fans who live away and can't always get to matches.

It always amuses me that the sister paper to the News and Star (NW Evening Mail) can show highlights of Raiders matches yet we (and Haven) can't get a flicker with our newspapers website!!!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

It's just a league played in the shadows which you only read about . Shame . Premier Sports would only need that 7- 7.30 slot on Thursdays . I'm sure there used to be a video page on the Star site showing highlights now and again , that's long gone west .

Edited by DavidM, 30 April 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#8 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Whitehaven have a similar set up Keith,£20 a year or summet and you can get a DVD of the game,supporters trust I think.

Quite a number of clubs are getting their own TV to show match highlights or in some cases full match.    It's something I have been asking for over a period of time.    Fev have a membership scheme which allows members to view their match dvds.    It is good for fans who live away and can't always get to matches.

It always amuses me that the sister paper to the News and Star (NW Evening Mail) can show highlights of Raiders matches yet we (and Haven) can't get a flicker with our newspapers website!!!!

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Whitehaven have a similar set up Keith,£20 a year or summet and you can get a DVD of the game,supporters trust I think.

Yes, it is on the Haven Supporters Trust website.    Membership of the Trust is £20 and they get to watch DVD's of matches and interviews with the coach etc.    Fev pay £49 a year for theirs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users