Team and predictions for Hunslet at home

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Think I would only make one change this week and that would be hulme for Patrick I he is available.
Carter
Miller
Mossop
Morris
Hulme
Lupton
Connor
Dowes
C.Phillips
Coward
B.Phillips (if he's fit)
Stack
Olstrom

Matty
Acton
Thackray
Shackley

Think our pack will be to much for them and we will have the home advantage so I predict town 42 Hunslet 18

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

If they didn't want him this week I can't see them wanting him next . Hopefully Calders is on the radar soon to reclaim that spot .
Surely we keep Kavanagh to if we have the option . Hunslet only had the 4 Leeds players yesterday , and boy are those making an impact .

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

is big brett not back this week? i wouldnt take hulme, i just think the high bomb is a must for your backs to be able to judge and take and the lad struggles in that aspect. as for going forward, yeah hes slightly better than jp but apart from his 1st couple of games he hasnt made enough of an impact to justify a recall in front of one of our own. as david says calders should return probably after the widnes game so i would perservere with patrick who certainly dosent weaken the side. i say stick with the same 17 with brett for kavanagh if hes ready.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

even with the dual reg for hunslet, town win this by at least 18.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yes there's no point at all taking Hulme if its for a spot on the wing . Yes Kavanagh if still no Brett , as Shackley has put his hand up well in these last two weeks .

Edited by DavidM, 29 April 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Momentum of a confidence boosting away win , with our pack doing well , Matty settled in and Callum with him , and Connor and Lupton finally looking a tasty halves combo , lets hit our straps and put a team away with an alround performance we know we have in us . Get Brett and Calders back and the team and our formations are there . No doubt March will be looking to ref the game and say hello to Stacky !

Edited by DavidM, 29 April 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

i think its slightly worrying the amount we get ell miller into the games. with only the 1 try since his return shows the little amount were getting the ball to him. he will win every foot race so why do we never put dinks over the top for him. i dont know if its the change in partnership as last season he was always outside mossop but he isnt getting nearly as much ball as a player of his capabilities should be getting.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

Good point . To often our wingers have to get themselves into the game with dummy half runs . Would they go Miller at one and Carter at six again down the line ? The way Brett probes and scoots near the line he does it like a top class stand off . I dunno , swings n roundabouts in that I know . Either way Eliott needs more ball moved quickly to him and kicked to him in the final third , him and Brett are our two main prongs of threat in the backs .

Edited by DavidM, 29 April 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#9 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Another tough game but if we play to our potential, town 30-18 hunslet.

#10 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Looking forward to this, i admire your optimisim, Hunslet by 4

Posted Image

#11 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

We have a poor points for in the league table which tells its own story. Our backs don't get the ball quick enough from a quick ptb or the base of a scrum IMO. Of course the forwards have to go forward before it comes wide and I'm sure this will be worked on in training.
Not sure how good Hunslet are tbh but if we play to our potential and keep the knock ons and pens to a minimum we can win the game, how much by is anyone's guess.
I also admire your optimism Mr Leon.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Our pack does more than enough to lay the platform of field position , but to often we haven't had the speed , vision or creation to take full advantage of it . Sharp and precise ball movement is something that needs working on primarily . We have great threats on the wings but their bite is taken away by sluggish or minimal service . Halves play a part and their respective centres need to sharpen up their game to aid Eliott and a fit Calders . They are match winners , but any winger is only as good as his inside men make him . I'll be really interested to see how our new halves combo combine and influence things .

Edited by DavidM, 29 April 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#13 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Looking forward to this, i admire your optimisim, Hunslet by 4

hunslet are no pushovers and we are aware it will be tough game the king of Leon. However if we play to our potential on our pitch we will take some beating. I admire your optimism of coming to cumbria and winning

#14 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Don't be too hard on the lads David as I'm sure any weaknesses has been identified and worked on. Much of it depends on the ref allowing a quick ptb and a decent 10 between the teams. Especially on a narrow pitch like ours. We will play to our strengths with the players we have available.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#15 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

glad to see Connor in the middle of the park pulling the strings , hopefully he can give us that x factor we have been lacking,tho not sure where this leaves Forber .As for Coyle i really think its time we released him ,seems a genuine fella but not the sort of player we require for this league.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Maybe they need to have a heart to heart with Coyle and free the money up to get a Dallimore who's on the market . As I say though they have invested in him and taken the punt , so they'll probably stick it out . Maybe we'll be proved wrong in the long term , but the signs on his ability and fitness aren't encouraging .
We hope for the lad , but with our new pairing and Forber and Callum I'm not really seeing where he fits in either . You need more impact than what he has off the bench to . We' ll see

Edited by DavidM, 29 April 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#17 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I think a few on here are getting a bit carried away after our fine away win yesterday, some of the score predictions are a bit optimistic considering Hunslet have just easily beaten a team that hammered us :O

It will be a tough game on Sunday and I would take a one point win now. I suppose that what nearly 50yrs of watching Town does to you, I don't do optimistic :rolleyes:

So let's have less of the big win predictions, we are starting to sound like those deluded fools down the road, and as we know it can make you look a bit foolish when it all goes **** up. B)

#18 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 841 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

I am optimistic after watching yesterday!! We can get something going here, lads just need to carry it over and if all else fails give it to acton!!

#19 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I think a few on here are getting a bit carried away after our fine away win yesterday, some of the score predictions are a bit optimistic considering Hunslet have just easily beaten a team that hammered us :O

It will be a tough game on Sunday and I would take a one point win now. I suppose that what nearly 50yrs of watching Town does to you, I don't do optimistic :rolleyes:

So let's have less of the big win predictions, we are starting to sound like those deluded fools down the road, and as we know it can make you look a bit foolish when it all goes **** up. B)

#20 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Yes i agree it will be tough but i said if we play to our potential we can win it. Lets not get like them lot raving about a win by ten points at home to struggling donny

Edited by town4me, 29 April 2013 - 09:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users