Team and predictions for Hunslet at home

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

If we forget about the top 5 in this league then the other 9 teams are playing for 6th, 7th & 8th places for a place in the play-offs or to avoid the 13th and 14th places in the league.

I think everyone is accepting that you have to be beating those clubs round about you in the table, i.e. the other 8 teams, if you are to firstly avoid the relegation places and secondly to have a chance of the play-offs.

Looking at the fixtures I see that Hunslet have already played 6 of the 8 teams at home and only have Swinton and ourselves to play there.  They have to play away at every other club with the exception of Swinton.     Keighley also have only played one of the other teams away at this stage of the season  so they have to travel to everywhere except Hunslet.

Town and Haven have only played 2 games at home so both have 6 home games against these other teams.     Both have to play at home, Dewsbury, Hunslet, Keighley & Swinton and we have Doncaster and York whereas Haven have Barrow and ourselves.    Doncaster and Dewsbury are similar to us in that they have only played 2 home games against these teams.

At this point as long as games at home are won we have every chance of a reasonably good finishing position.

Edited by Keith T, 29 April 2013 - 10:15 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Our pack does more than enough to lay the platform of field position , but to often we haven't had the speed , vision or creation to take full advantage of it . Sharp and precise ball movement is something that needs working on primarily . We have great threats on the wings but their bite is taken away by sluggish or minimal service . Halves play a part and their respective centres need to sharpen up their game to aid Eliott and a fit Calders . They are match winners , but any winger is only as good as his inside men make him . I'll be really interested to see how our new halves combo combine and influence things .

thats why you need to take the punt and play Miller with Hulme and Morris with Mossop. This league is all about strike, forwards will match themselves , its all about the quality and vision out wide. You will win games ,like you did on sunday, with a glory strike by Carter but these are not the % play, the teams which have the quality and vision to move the ball quickly will be the teams which progress and stay up . Miller has quality in abudance and I know was being closely watched by a number of SL team last year and already this, but he needs service and so far he is getting nothing like what he needs.

#23 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

thats why you need to take the punt and play Miller with Hulme and Morris with Mossop. This league is all about strike, forwards will match themselves , its all about the quality and vision out wide. You will win games ,like you did on sunday, with a glory strike by Carter but these are not the % play, the teams which have the quality and vision to move the ball quickly will be the teams which progress and stay up . Miller has quality in abudance and I know was being closely watched by a number of SL team last year and already this, but he needs service and so far he is getting nothing like what he needs.

Yeah fair point mate.

With the Hunslet/Leeds dual reg players making such an impact (Jimmy Watson especially) we need to be on the top of our game for this one.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#24 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

glad to see Connor in the middle of the park pulling the strings , hopefully he can give us that x factor we have been lacking,tho not sure where this leaves Forber .As for Coyle i really think its time we released him ,seems a genuine fella but not the sort of player we require for this league.

Coyle still ######.

#25 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

centre jimmy kleinorst is the one to watch for hunslet class

#26 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

centre jimmy kleinorst is the one to watch for hunslet class

agreed he has the x factor and will need close watching , he has a turn of pace and a great step.

Edited by wonderofwood, 30 April 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#27 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

05 May KO:15:00 Championship Rd: 13
Workington Town v Hunslet Hawks
Derwent Park

Ref: W Turley 
Touch J: A Bentham
Touch J: M Griffiths
Reserve: T Owen
M Com: C Hodgson

Edited by TOWN TILL I DIE, 30 April 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#28 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Let's hope it's a dry day for the match Commissioner!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#29 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Let's hope it's a dry day for the match Commissioner!!!!!

:lol: :lol: B)

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#30 Richard de la Riviere

Richard de la Riviere
  • Coach
  • 517 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Warren Turley reffing.

Settle for a bonus point now?!

#31 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Quote from Blackpool Hawk on the Hunslet site
"If anyone has any Hunslet flags, please bring them Sunday Captain Sellers has 5 that we are taking to put up at the ground, Any more would be great, we want to make it like a home match and get behind the lads for Sundays massive match."
No matter how many flags they bring, nor how noisy they are - I'm sure our choir can out-sing them!
Building up to a great atmosphere for THIS the most important match of the two!

#32 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Like a home match .Won't be many up then ?

#33 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Just noticed that both Kavanagh and Lawton are in the nineteen man Widnes squad this week. I hope all our forwards are fit and available. Flynn is also back in the squad.
Looks like only Hulme and Briscoe (does his face no longer fit?) are the only DR players available plus the two left out of the final seventeen selection.

Edited by Supporter, 02 May 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#34 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Wonder what Brett's prognosis was ?? And Calders hoping to train tonight ?

#35 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Calderwood back training tonight could be playing Sunday.Also another lad from Salford no names though??????

#36 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Calderwood back training tonight could be playing Sunday.Also another lad from Salford no names though??????

Was the Salford lad big enough to be a forward?

#37 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Interesting

#38 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Was the Salford lad big enough to be a forward?

i hope he isnt on the same fitness programme as red.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

There'll be plenty of Salford players on the market in time !!

#40 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Brett will know tomorrow some time just hope its a good prognosis like you say Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users