Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team and predictions for Hunslet at home

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#61 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

'What's relevant about that '!!!!!... Ooh absolutely nothing , this kind of thing has been totally irrelevant this season . Looks good today for clubs but what about tomorrow when the rug gets pulled ? We're alright , has everyone else the strength in their OWN squads ? You're ok if you've 27 players ,although why aren't they playing then ? . How do they feel ?It is a flawed set up . The sooner clubs have squads at the start of the season with the flexibility to add a young player if needed , but stand on their own feet the better , and our league will have more integrity and consistency .

and in other news the Titanic has sunk  :rolleyes:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#62 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

So if it be the same team that played York how many Hunslet players and how many from leeds??????

Id have guessed the same 5 Leeds players from last week, who have been with us all season.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#63 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Yeh old news but we'll take the short cut anyway ? Hope some clubs don't hit an ice berg if this system goes .

Edited by DavidM, 03 May 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#64 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Crikey its that obvious he might as well have been named lol

named on deluded.com now. 2nd row with a familiar name to town fans. Think it a relation of an ex town player.

#65 Dearham Lass

Dearham Lass
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Can't see it?

Look under Rugby News - Under 20 Match Preview (final paragraph).

#66 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Well spotted . If so why don't we get told this ?

#67 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Get it off mam n il guv er it bk tomoz

#68 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Hunslet or Swinton are only doing what the RFL allow. It will be changed next season as it wasn't thought through properly by the fools in charge.
Morally I am pleased we have managed the DR to our own benefit, as have Haven and others. Maybe the likes of these two teams will stay up this season because of how they have used the system to its boundaries, but if the system does change for next season will the players that have had their noses pushed out this season hang around next??
Its a short term fix that might just work against them in the long run. Then again a team may be relegated this season that didn't go balls deep in this system. Who wins then?
For what it's worth Hunslet will be a v difficult game. Town scrape it by 4 despite the very confident Hunslet fans.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#69 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Phones garn nuts that was a message to sum 1 not for here sorry

#70 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,930 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Well spotted . If so why don't we get told this ?

This is where we let ourselves down a bit.   It's there on the Salford City Reds website for every man and his dog to read.    It says that in the Under 20's team they can move a prop in to the second row to replace Workington bound , Jordan Walne, who is going on loan to Cumbria to replace his brother."   It is also on the Haven forum as well.     Hope he does as well as his brother.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#71 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Phones garn nuts that was a message to sum 1 not for here sorry

Ha ha, brilliant.

#72 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

More than a bit Keith , its an old chestnut with us I'm afraid . But anyway seems like good news and yes hope he's a chip off the same block .

#73 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

This is where we let ourselves down a bit. It's there on the Salford City Reds website for every man and his dog to read. It says that in the Under 20's team they can move a prop in to the second row to replace Workington bound , Jordan Walne, who is going on loan to Cumbria to replace his brother." It is also on the Haven forum as well. Hope he does as well as his brother.

i agree Keith

Edited by town4me, 03 May 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#74 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

I think the point is , which Keith is reinforcing , is that the official sources are to often behind the curve with these stories , and we're pulling together bits of information to get a picture from all over . The club website should be our one stop shop when there's news to tell . I understand talk of manpower , but it shouldn't take to much doing

Edited by DavidM, 03 May 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#75 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Blackpool hawk saying on their forum we reckon on here we are going to "hammer" them and they 'won't live with our forwards'. Hmmm i can't see any of us saying that on here. Tough game where will have to perform if we want the win IMO

#76 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Blackpool hawk saying on their forum we reckon on here we are going to "hammer" them and they 'won't live with our forwards'. Hmmm i can't see any of us saying that on here. Tough game where will have to perform if we want the win IMO

Choccy ?

#77 Dearham Lass

Dearham Lass
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

I think the point is , which Keith is reinforcing , is that the official sources are to often behind the curve with these stories , and we're pulling together bits of information to get a picture from all over . The club website should be our one stop shop when there's news to tell . I understand talk of manpower , but it shouldn't take to much doing

Well said David, I hope the club takes note.

#78 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Choccy ?

yeah i thought that too mate but BH seems to be involved in crack with the other hawk fans in the thread regarding travel.

#79 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Think I would only make one change this week and that would be hulme for Patrick I he is available.
Carter
Miller
Mossop
Morris
Hulme
Lupton
Connor
Dowes
C.Phillips
Coward
B.Phillips (if he's fit)
Stack
Olstrom

Matty
Acton
Thackray
Shackley

Think our pack will be to much for them and we will have the home advantage so I predict town 42 Hunslet 18

I must have miss read this then?

#80 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Looking forward to the game and the day, should be 100 of us at least id say, so should be a decent atmosphere!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users