Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford field 14 men v Cas (merged threads)

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Interesting to see what might happen hereAttached File  913913_586739768024717_651418611_o.jpg   98.68KB   126 downloads

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

I blame Noble

Seriously I guess it depends on how long for and any possible impact, though the picture of them defending their goaline doesn't help...

Edited by High Peak Rhino, 30 April 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

Also the Castleford drop out when the outer two players weren't back behind the line on the far side.

I'd like to know for how long Salford had the 14th player? Was it a tackle or two or a full set?

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

from what I understand it was at least 3 tackles on their line.

Can't see anything other than a fine for Salford which will probably be right but how on earth has this happened!!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#5 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

It's a pretty poor show all round.  Either the officials on the touchlines have failed in their management of the interchanges, or Salford have managed somehow, and not for one minute would I suspect it was anything other than inadvertently, to navigate around them in their haste to make a change.

I'd be happy to see the game replayed (on Sky again) as despite what some people have said, it was a really entertaining spectacle.  

Edited by Larry the Leit, 30 April 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#6 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

At what point does responsibility pass between the club & the 4th official who is supposed to be checking the players who going on/coming off?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#7 brooza

brooza
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Sounds like something to #AskTheRefs

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#8 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Was Thierry the ref? He's had trouble counting for a few years now :)

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,730 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Saints did this, again live on Sky, against Hull about 6 years' ago. Cunningham came on but nobody went off for about 40 seconds. Nothing came of it as I recall but I'm sure the RFL discussed it.

At the time it was said it was the responsibility of the club to ensure substitutions took place correctly.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I dunno if I'm getting wires crossed but I have a hazy memory of another 14th man incident involving Castleford too? Perhaps 3 or 4 seasons ago now.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 robins up north

robins up north
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

When this has happened in Australia have the team involved not lost points?

#12 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Didn't Leigh score a try with 14 men on the pitch a couple of seasons ago against Haven IIRC, maybe completely wrong mind.

#13 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

If you look at the right of that picture, there looks like there's actually another Salford player about to come on.. maybe it was a double substitution that was done in haste..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#14 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

The RFL won't let the good Doctor increaase the cap

Tansey should have been sent off.

Salford just took the law into their own hands!

I expect we will get the same as Saints did for the same offence (£100 fine.)

#15 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

clutching at straws again kenny??
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#16 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Nothing serious happened to Bradford when they did it at the HJ a few years back.

#17 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,131 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Given that Tansey should have been sent off, if I were the Cas officials,I wouldn't complain.

Any way #### em,it's only Cas :ph34r:

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 30 April 2013 - 01:32 PM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#18 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

I thought our goal line defence was good in that second half. Now I know one possible reason for that. :D

It's not funny if you're a Cas fan, though. It could have been the difference between winning and losing.

Also, I'm waiting to see the incident replayed before I join the "Tansey OFF!" brigade. I'm not convinced it was as bad as some people are suggesting.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#19 MR51CUK

MR51CUK
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

An interchange is not normally allowed on the pitch until the person they are replacing has left the field completely.
Also as far as I'm aware changes can't be made unless your the team in possession of the ball (or at least that's what I'm told in Champ 1). So the 14th man would have been on for a while if that's the case.

#20 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Tansey should have walked, no questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users