Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford field 14 men v Cas (merged threads)

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,124 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Just read on sky sports that a similar thing happen in SL n the team got a fine but when it happened in the NRL the team got a fine n the points deducted the NRL game finished 28-26 not sure of the SL score. Id guess the fact this game was stil in contention will go against salford

the Wire v Bulls game where this happened had almost identical circumstances, so I still expect no more than a fine.

The thing that may make it worse is I think they introduced new processes after the Bulls one so this really shouldnt happen.

#42 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

http://www1.skysport...inst-Castleford

Sky said Cas had put in the complaint, after reading this thread probably
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#43 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

http://www1.skysport...inst-Castleford

Sky said Cas had put in the complaint, after reading this thread probably

I would think it more likely that they learned of it from www.casforum.co.uk, some posters on there are VERY close to the Castleford club.

#44 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

As always, how can anyone possibly determine the intention? I think the rfl will make an example of us and dock us the two points. I can't honestly say I'd blame them, it's unprofessional at the very least.

If the player entered the field without using the interchange card then IMO Salford as a club have a much stronger case to answer. Players are focusing on the game and want to get on/stay on so you have to give them a little leeway in terms of the process but there is always a member of the dugout staff whose job it is to organise the interchanges. They simply have to get it right. I wonder whether there was one interchange official (the Reserve Ref) or two (often a volunteer from the local society or at SL games could be a reserve TJ). The RR usually notes all the interchanges so there will be some written evidence and maybe video too since it was on Sky.

Some players are less inclined to leave the field when called than others but as professionals they simply have to do it. As an interchange official I've never done a 4 man interchange in one go, but I've done 3 at once quite often and that can be fun.

Largely the system works well and I don't think fans or clubs would want a system that only allowed interchanges at stoppages in play.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#45 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

I would think it more likely that they learned of it from www.casforum.co.uk, some posters on there are VERY close to the Castleford club.

OOOOH! Now I know about that forum I must spend more time slashing my wrists
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users