• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Is playing for us on Thursday night.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ha ha. Youve got to admit this is hilarious and Im guessing 100+ comments at least to follow.... 

#3 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Haha I did predict it on Sunday! Just call me the oracle.

#4 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

See the Main board thread for 100+ replies
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hooray! Hope Morley if fit too!!!!!!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

At least it should generate some publicity and maybe help boost the attendance for Thursday.

#7 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

It's on the telly too!

#8 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Im more than curious to see what one of these "clippits" that the Warrington players play actually looks like

#9 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

I reckon lee Briers if unfit could start at prop

#10 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Totally gone to far now. Absolutely ridiculous. Where has the soul of the club gone?
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Like I told Kozzy, we don't have soul we have Reggae.

#12 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

This makes a mockery of our once proud sport. Not your fault lads, but a sad day for the game when SL clubs are using Championship teams as more or less reserve sides to get their players fit.

I dont mind DR for under 23's as there's at least some purpose to that, i.e. blooding young English talent at a decent level, but this is something else.

And i'd say exactly the same if we (Batley) played Danny Brough in the same manner. In fact after 20 odds years supporting the club home and away i'd walk away.

Feel truly sorry for the loyal and pasionate fans of a proud. 'proper' and traditional club like Swinton. You deserve better....from your board and the RFL.

#13 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I wondered what the next joke was to come out of the swinton Lions circus, I never expected this.  Good work swinton 

#14 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

This makes a mockery of our once proud sport. Not your fault lads, but a sad day for the game when SL clubs are using Championship teams as more or less reserve sides to get their players fit.

I dont mind DR for under 23's as there's at least some purpose to that, i.e. blooding young English talent at a decent level, but this is something else.

And i'd say exactly the same if we (Batley) played Danny Brough in the same manner. In fact after 20 odds years supporting the club home and away i'd walk away.

Feel truly sorry for the loyal and pasionate fans of a proud. 'proper' and traditional club like Swinton. You deserve better....from your board and the RFL.

+1

#15 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Which poor sap will become the water carrier

#16 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Instead of increasing your crowd..you should all stay at home in protest...Someone is ripping the heart out of one of the proudest clubs in the game

#17 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

At least it should generate some publicity and maybe help boost the attendance for Thursday.

Lottery number please Duffy! English or Euro, I don't mind. Ha!

Unbelievable scenes. Of course it makes a mockery of the game (and for any visiting fans to our forum, we already know how bad it is) but nonetheless, one of the best players to don a Lions shirt for a good few years if he actually plays.

And I'm not staying at home, I don't have anything else to do and this fiver's burning a hole in my pocket! I'll spend my cash on what I like, cheers.

#18 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Instead of increasing your crowd..you should all stay at home in protest...Someone is ripping the heart out of one of the proudest clubs in the game

That would make us look real good on the TV!

#19 PeterAshton17

PeterAshton17
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Our club has become the laughing stock of rugby league. This DR is becoming a joke now

#20 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

When Dewsbury played against Swinton earlier in the season, Swinton had nine Warrington players in the side, how has this even been allowed to happen? if I was in the squad at the start of the season and getting over looked week in week out so that my club could play someone from another team I would be well ###### off, what is the point in giving it everything you have at training to be told not this week, it has been mentioned on numerous occasions how does this achieve a settled side when basically all you are are just been used to either keep non picked players match fit or players that have been out for a while someone to have a run out with until they are in good enough physical shape to get back into their 1st team, DR should only be allowed for up and coming youngsters or not at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users