TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Lee Briers

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#21 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

When Dewsbury played against Swinton earlier in the season, Swinton had nine Warrington players in the side, how has this even been allowed to happen? if I was in the squad at the start of the season and getting over looked week in week out so that my club could play someone from another team I would be well ###### off, what is the point in giving it everything you have at training to be told not this week, it has been mentioned on numerous occasions how does this achieve a settled side when basically all you are are just been used to either keep non picked players match fit or players that have been out for a while someone to have a run out with until they are in good enough physical shape to get back into their 1st team, DR should only be allowed for up and coming youngsters or not at all.

No we didn't. Although I understand your point. But as per previous comments, we know. There's not much going to happen by repeating it on here.

#22 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Instead of increasing your crowd..you should all stay at home in protest...Someone is ripping the heart out of one of the proudest clubs in the game

Hear, hear. And his name is Paul Kidd!
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#23 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Wondered how long it would take for you to get your axe and grinder out again.  What are we to do? We are bottom of the league, our most experienced half back is out injured, we have three new players one of which is a relatively young half back needing game time and an experienced hand to guide him.We need a win at all costs.  We are offered the services of one of the best half backs this country has produced in some time, we are supposed to refuse this offer muddle along as we are just to please all the d/r haters (I don't particularly agree with it before anyone starts) we are fighting to survive in this league sometimes you have to do ugly things to survive. How many times do we have to go over the same ######, its not going to change this season get over it. :angry: 

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#24 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Deja vous!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#25 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Anyway, it cant be very important as I've just watched Super league backchat and theee was no mention of it ;-)

#26 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

No we didn't. Although I understand your point. But as per previous comments, we know. There's not much going to happen by repeating it on here.

I am only saying what I was told at the game by a Swinton player that was sat next to me, he had been left out or dropped for that very reason of letting a Warrington player play. I will not mention his name obviously as this would be the wrong thing to do.

#27 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Its incredible that DR has ripped the soul out of rugby league. however, scrapping promotion and relegtion didn't. you boys need to give your head a wobble.

franchise system was put in place to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. this is just a continuation of this. very few of you criedfoul when the brought it in. I wrote to numerous mps and the rfl. i signed petitions. rallied you lot on here.

none of you did a thing about it. well you are all reaping what you've sewn!

Rant over.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#28 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

I am only saying what I was told at the game by a Swinton player that was sat next to me, he had been left out or dropped for that very reason of letting a Warrington player play. I will not mention his name obviously as this would be the wrong thing to do.

Fair play, although we had similar problems with the D/R system last season when we could only have 4 loaned players. Either way, it's not good for rugby.

And Barnie's right about P/R.

#29 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

How do you decide who is up and coming.?

#30 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

SWINTON....playing on other team's grounds for years,,,,now using just other team's players...PATHETIC

just pack in !!!

#31 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Its incredible that DR has ripped the soul out of rugby league. however, scrapping promotion and relegtion didn't. you boys need to give your head a wobble.
franchise system was put in place to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. this is just a continuation of this. very few of you criedfoul when the brought it in. I wrote to numerous mps and the rfl. i signed petitions. rallied you lot on here.
none of you did a thing about it. well you are all reaping what you've sewn!
Rant over.

. It's not so much DR it's how it's being used that is the problem! We all know that it was brought in to give game time for those players who would have played at under 23 level and NOT as a means for established Super League players to regain match fitness!

#32 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

. It's not so much DR it's how it's being used that is the problem! We all know that it was brought in to give game time for those players who would have played at under 23 level and NOT as a means for established Super League players to regain match fitness!

Kozo you talk about pride. do me a favor. if you had any pride at all you would agree with me. the soul of rugby league went 4 or so years ago. this is just a progression of that.

mind you, feel free to ignore the truth if it doesnt fit in with your warped sense of whats right and wrong.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#33 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

SWINTON....playing on other team's grounds for years,,,,now using just other team's players...PATHETIC
just pack in !!!

Our leader has spoken.

#34 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Yes the soul of RL was sold to Mr Murdoch in the SL with P/R being the heart ripped out. This however is the D/R system being grossly abused and damaging the entity that is Swinton RLFC. Do me a favour and give up on the brow beating, I am not denying anyone their opinion, freedom of speech applies to these forums.
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

Nobody on here has ever said that they agree with the system or that you shouldnt have an opinion but whats the point in keeping on the same message? This isnt the place to get it changed, just a vehicle for idiots to come on with their ####### comments to wind you up! Dont bite for f sake!

#36 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Ditto  the club has become a laughing stock now, its beyond a joke. Congratulations to the RFL for coming up with the DR rules on the back of a fag packet.

#37 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

ps for those whom are not going to the game google www.kakibara.com and watch it on the internet.

#38 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Wondered how long it would take for you to get your axe and grinder out again.  What are we to do? We are bottom of the league, our most experienced half back is out injured, we have three new players one of which is a relatively young half back needing game time and an experienced hand to guide him.We need a win at all costs.  We are offered the services of one of the best half backs this country has produced in some time, we are supposed to refuse this offer muddle along as we are just to please all the d/r haters (I don't particularly agree with it before anyone starts) we are fighting to survive in this league sometimes you have to do ugly things to survive. How many times do we have to go over the same ######, its not going to change this season get over it. :angry:

What are "we" to do? How about those in charge ditch the lazy opportunistic exploitation of loopholes in the RFL's rules surrounding Partnering, stop prostituting the club's identity and heritage to Warrington Wolves, and for once knuckle down to some proper hard work to actually develop Swinton Lions in its own right?

Starting with getting Agecroft progressed, in line with the promises we've been fed since 2006.  Now the 2 community coaches are at a loose end, how about a proper strategy to see them used, supported and financed amidst the community whose name the club bears. Get a democratically elected representative of the Trust back on the board as a means to engaging the support base positively and valuing their input.

Far easier, of course, to be a true opportunist and keep sucking up the old man's money while achieving nothing in your own right.

Edited by PhillH, 01 May 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#39 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

I believe those coaches are now working in M27 Phil. One down ey?

#40 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

I believe those coaches are now working in M27 Phil. One down ey?

They are making a start, but even on that single aspect there is a long way to go.  It will be interesting to see what happens when the point arrives that John and Paul Kidd have their commitment to community work in the Swinton area properly tested - I don't believe that's the case as yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users